Rumors II: Johansen, Wideman, Stars, Semin and Bennett
- Updated: September 3, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Two sources saying that there have been next to no talks for awhile between the Blue Jackets and Ryan Johansen. They remain $3 million per season apart on a two-year deal. Johansen could be willing to go with a longer term deal but the Blue Jackets may be more interested in going shorter.
- Aaron Portzline: (answering question) Trading Ryan Johansen is not a consideration for the Blue Jackets.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: (mailbag) Reader asks if the Stars could be interested in Flames Dennis Wideman. Heika notes that he has three-years left at $5.25 million per season, but is a right handed defenseman who can play on the power play and is solid defensively. Heika thinks the Stars will target a No. 1 defenseman next offseason when they clear potentially $18 million in cap space (Sergei Gonchar, Shawn Horcoff, Erik Cole and Rich Peverley). An upper body injury last year could be a concern for the 31-year old.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes GM Ron Francis said he’s spoken with Alex Semin’s agent and said that he’s training in New Jersey and is expected to be healthy for training camp.
- Mark Spector: Flames GM Brad Treliving on if Sam Bennett will stick with the Flames: “I would be shocked.”
← Previous Story Rumors I: Ryan, Alfredsson, Brodeur and Maple Leafs