- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged 2012 Winter Classic
Winter Classic and All-Star Game could be gone next week … Not all owners are on board … NHL say they’ll lose $720 million
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Bill Daly said that the 2013 NHL All-Star Game in Columbus wasn’t cut from the schedual.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Daly said “No,” when asked if the NHL were prepared to cancel the Winter Classic on Monday.
- John Buccigross via twitter: Buccigross has heard Monday, Tuesday and Thursday as dates to cancel the Winter Classic and All-Star Game.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: After yesterday’s cancelled games, Gary Bettman has cancelled a total of 2,024 regular season games so far.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Teams told Bettman that they need/want 3-4 weeks to book events and help fill their empty buildings.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Sources said that the NHL pulled their latest offer off the table partly because not every owner liked the proposal. Several teams weren’t on board with it.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: There are several owners who are unhappy with how things are going on their side, but it takes 22 owners to override anything anything that Gary Bettman and the other 8 owners decide.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Forbes said that the Flyers will have lost $17.1 million in gate receipts for the 13 homes games that were cancelled.
- Seth Rorabaugh via twitter: The NHL claims they will lose $720 million after cancelling all of Novembers games.
No trades imminent … Bettman will see an offer from “how the players see the world” … Little fee to cancel Winter Classic
- David Pagnotta via twitter: August is usually slow on the trade/roster front. There is some chatter out there, mostly feelers. There is talk out there saying trades are close, but nothing big is imminent anywhere.
- Michael Grange of Sportsnet: NHLPA head man Don Fehr will meet with Gary Bettman today and will pretend the owners’ offer never happened. According to a source, Fehr won’t counter the a lesser percentage of rollback or less years till free agency,
“Some people interpret a counter proposal to be ‘this is within the framework of what the other guy said’ — It just moves some things around,” Fehr said after a two-hour bargaining session in Toronto Monday. “This is a different kind of an approach. It’s how the players see the world.”
Player rep David Steckle,
“The game is growing but we want to make it that much better for everyone,” said Steckel, who described the interest level of the players he’s been responsible for communicating with as ‘sky-high.’ “It’s not just us wanting more money, we want the game to be better for everyone.”
“If you had a 9-to-5 job and you’re asked to rollback your salaries you’re going to want to know why…that’s what most players saw and are going, ‘how can you ask us to do this again?’” said Steckel. “In seven years you’re asking us to cut our salaries by 48 per cent? We’re not the ones running organizations signing people to deals for $100 million.”
A Former NHL governor,
“We’re generating a lot of revenue, but we’re investing to get it,” the former governor said. “The guys at MSG are investing a billion dollars (renovating Madison Square Garden). That’s going to drive up revenue and the players are going to benefit from it but they didn’t put up one penny of that billion.”
- TSN: The NHL can cancel the Winter Classic up until the actual day of the game. If they cancel the game, they’d only have to pay the university $100,000. If the game goes on, it will cost them $3 million. That doesn’t cover the outdoor games played at Comerica Park.
- David Pollak via twitter: The Sharks have signed Marc-Edouard Vlasic to a 5 year deal. Jesse Spector via twitter: The 5 year deal is for $21 million.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Kovacevic doesn’t get the sense that the Penguins are that keen on Alexander Semin. The Penguins preference may be to find a young 20 goal scored on someone’s roster for one of their young defensemen, similar how they got James Neal. The Oilers could be a perfect partner. The Penguins could send Shane Doan a big one year offer to give GM Ray Shero another year to find his next Neal.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Ryan Suter believes he was straight forward with the Predators during his contract talks.
“It’s something that happened. And the fact that I do get to be close to home with my wife and my kid, for me to be close to home, it all worked out,” Suter said. “It was no agenda, and that’s how it played out.”
“I have never tried to hide anything from anybody,” Suter said. “I wanted it to work in Nashville, but the decision I made was to move on, and I’m sorry for the hurt that it has brought to David Poile and to the Predators.”
Suter said he never promised Poile the last chance at him in negotiations.
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: The Capitals have signed Zach Hamill to a 1 year, 2 way contract.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said there will be 2 Winter Classic alumni games.