- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Anders Lindback
- The Fourth Period: It’s believed that Mike Ribeiro and the Washington Capitals are open to a four-year contract extension. He rejected a three year deal earlier. He’s thought to be looking for a deal in the $4.5 million to $5 million range.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes goalie Mike Smith hopes they can get a contract done, but wouldn’t say if both sides were working on one.
- Capgeek: Sources say the Penguins will get 30% of Jussi Jokinen’s contract, $227,000 this year and $900,000 next year.
- Capgeek: Sources say the Wild will get 15% of Jason Pominville’s contract, $200,000 this year and $795,000 in cap next year.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: After trading for Ben Bishop, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said he’s not giving up Anders Lindback.
“By no means am I giving up on Anders Lindback, not a chance,” Lightning GM Steve Yzerman told ESPN.com Thursday. “He’s a good young goalie. And I made a commitment by trading for Anders Lindback, and I believe Anders Lindback has the ability to become a good starter in this league.
“I want to provide him with the support he needs, and part of that support is having a good partner. I want the best possible tandem I can put together moving forward.”
The Lightning kicked tires on Jonathan Bernier but the price was too high.
- The Fourth Period: The Kings tried trading for a 2nd line winger at the deadline but came up empty. They made calls on Drew Stafford, Jason Pominville and Curtis Glencross. The Kings wouldn’t give up the top prospects and high draft picks for Glencross. Source said that they would trade Tyler Toffoli, but not for a rental.
- Mark Ludviczak of the Globe and Mail: The Sabres are in a rebuild, Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller are uncertain about their futures.
“I haven’t talked to them about anything so it’s hard to say yes or no because no one has let me know what direction this is heading,” Vanek said. “So we’ll finish the year out and I’m sure, at least I would expect them to let me know what the future is.”
“I don’t know, I have to talk to Darcy about it,” Miller said. “We’ll just see where everything falls and talk to Darcy about what his plan is or what’s going on because these are conversations we haven’t had time to have.
“I don’t know if we’ll have a chance to talk about it ‘til after the season.”
From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Elliotte Friedman: Flames GM Jay Feaster said that their only untouchables were Sven Baertschi, TJ Brodie, Curtis Glencross and Mark Giordano.
- Randy Miller: Don’t understand the Flyers trading for Steve Mason, giving up a 3rd round pick. He’s struggled for years and is an RFA, so they would have to send him a qualifying of $3.2 million to retain his rights.
- Jim Diamond: Predators GM David Poile on the Martin Erat trade: ”Marty came to us in recent days and indicated a trade might be in his best interests.”
- Mike Harrington: Bets that the Wild initially asked the Sabres about Thomas Vanek before moving to Jason Pominville.
- Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff wasn’t interested in trading picks for short-term help.
“The hardest thing for me is to try and accelerate a process that can’t be accelerated,” said Cheveldayoff. “It’s a vicious circle. If you don’t draft players and develop them into assets, then you can’t do anything on a deadline day. If you choose to trade your draft picks for assets for the now, you forgo the opportunity to build a sustainable system with a sustainable flow of players.”
They listened for offers on Alex Burmistrov, but didn’t come up with anything they liked.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Oilers offered Ryan Jones and a draft pick to the Senators for Ben Bishop. The Senators asked for Sean Couturier straight up. Tampa Bay hopes to find a 1a between Bishop and Anders Lindback. Both the Canucks and Canadiens were interested in Raffi Torres. The Coyotes settled with the Sharks offer of Florida’s 3rd round pick. The Rangers gained payroll flexibility for next season by trading Marian Gaborik. They have to re-sign RFAs Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh and Carl Hagelin. Also, they now have a better shot at signing Ryane Clowe.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Capitals received lots of interest in Mike Ribeiro, but they continue to work on an extension with him. The Canadiens were after a rugged winger but were unsuccessful. The Blue Jackets tried to get Tomas Fleischmann from the Panthers. The Blue Jackets may have offered one of their 1st round pick and Derek Dorsett for Fleischmann. The Devils, Canucks, Jets and Jackets showed interest in Drew Stafford. The Sabres considered Alex Burmistrov.
- Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province: Canucks Zach Kassian didn’t travel with the team as he re-injured his back earlier in the week.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning Anders Lindback was put on the IR and will be out a minimum of seven days.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs Leo Komarov left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes goalie Mike Smith left last night’s game after the 2nd period.
Injury and Roster Notes: Malkin, Lindback, Carkner, Grabner, Enstrom, Backlund, Methot, Krejci, Vanek, Ruutu and Green
- Rob Rossi via twitter: Penguins Evgeni Malkin took his first hit during practice yesterday. He said he’s “not 100 percent” and added,
“Of course, yes, because (I’m) close,” Malkin said. “I (will) try to play Friday, but it’s hard to say now because it’s just (a) couple days more. We’ll see.”
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning goalie Anders Lindback is out indefinitely with a right ankle sprain.
- NY Islanders via twitter: Islanders Matt Carkner and Michael Grabner have been activated from the IR.
- Ken Wiebe via twitter: Jets defenseman Tobias Enstrom is not ready yet but ”it’s coming soon” according to coach Claude Noel.
- George Johnson of the Calgary Herald: Flames Mikael Backlund played on Monday despite have a cracked bone in his right foot.
“It went better than I thought,” he reported Wednesday. “Not too bad. Obviously the medication kicked in a little later and made it feel better. It’s still sore but once the game started, I felt pretty good. I didn’t think about it too much.”
- Ken Warren via twitter: Senators defenseman Marc Methot could return to the lineup tonight. If he can’t go, Mike Lundin will return to the lineup after missing the last eight games.
- Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Bruins David Krejci will be a game time decision.
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres Thomas Vanek didn’t skate this morning and is likely to miss tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- Aaron Ward via twitter: Hurricanes forward Tuomo Ruutu will make his season debut tonight.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals defenseman Mike Green said he’s good to go tonight.
Lines and Starters: Isles, Leafs, Rangers, Canadiens, Devils, Canucks, Hawks, Kings, Ducks, Flyers, Lightning and Blues
- NY Islanders via twitter: Islanders lines: Moulson-Tavares-Boyes, Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo, Cizikas-Aucoin-McDonald, Martin-Reasoner-Boulton-Joensuu. Defensive pairings: MacDonald-Hamonic, Streit-Martinek, Hickey-Visnovsky, Finley-Carkner.
- David Alter via twitter: Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, Lupul-Kadri-Frattin, MacArthur-Grabovski-Orr, Komarov-McClement-Kulemin-McLaren. Defensive pairings: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf, Liles-Holzer, Fraser-Franson, Komisarek-Kostka
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Nash-Richards-Gaborik Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan Miller-Boyle-Pyatt Haley-Halpern-Powe.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Ryder – Plekanec – Gionta;Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher;Galchenyuk – Eller – Dumont;Moen-White-Armstrong/Blunden.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Ponikarovsky-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Pesonen-Elias-Clarkson; Carter-Zajac-Bernier; Barch-Gionta-Kostopoulos. Devils pairings: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Volchenkov-Harrrold; Fayne.
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Canucks lines: Sedins-Burrows; Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen; Sestito-Lapierre-Pinizzotto; Higgins-Lapierre-Weise. Lappy double shifting.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Ray Emery will start in net for the Blackahawks tonight against the Avalanche.
- Jon Rosen via twitter: Jonathan Quick is the first off the ice and likely starter.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Viktor Fasth will start in net for the Ducks against the Sharks.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: It will be Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers against Anders Lindback and the Lightning.
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks against the Wild.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues tomorrow night against the Canucks. Jaroslav Halak will start against the Oilers.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals lines: Hendricks-Backstrom-Ovechkin; Fehr-Johansson-Brouwer; Chimera-Ribeiro-Ward; Volpatti-Beagle-Crabb; Wolski-Perreault-Laich.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Bennett-Jeffrey-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Vitale-Adams. Defensive pairings: Orpik-Martin Despres-Letang Niskanen-Engelland Eaton-Bortuzzo.
- Adrian Dater: Avalanche lines: Landeskog-Stastny-Hejduk McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau Mitchell-OReilly-Jones McLeod-Kobasew-Bordeleau
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres power-play lines: Hodgson-Vanek-Ennis, with Pominville-Ehrhoff, and Ott-Stafford-Leino, with Myers-Leopold.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs John-Michael Liles will be back in the lineup tonight.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said that Joffrey Lupul won’t play tonight.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars Brenden Morrow and Jamie Benn won’t be in the lineup. Philip Larsen is in, Jamie Oleksiak is out.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net for the Blue Jackets.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Michael Smith via twitter: Dan Ellis will likely start in net for the Hurricanes.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Tuukka Rask is the likely starter for the Bruins.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Anders Lindback the likely starter for the Lightning.
- Steve Goldstein via twitter: Scott Clemmensen will start in net for the Panthers.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets.
- St. Louis Blues via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues.
Lines and Goalies: Caps, Pens, Isles, Habs, Blue Jackets, Devils, Rangers, Sens, Panthers, Lightning, Blues and Jets
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals lines: Johansson-Ribeiro-Ovechkin; Fehr-Backstrom-Brouwer; Chimera-Hendricks-Ward; Wolski-Perreault/Beagle-Crabb. Stephen Whyno via twitter: Alzner-Kundratek, Schultz-Carlson, Schilling-Oleksy.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Bennett-Jeffrey-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Vitale-Adams. Pens Inside Scoop via twitter: First line power play unit: Bennett, Letang, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Niskanen, Martin, Dupuis, Kennedy and Jeffrey.
- New York Islanders via twitter: Islanders lines: Moulson-Tavares-Boyes, Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo, Joensuu-Reasoner-Aucoin, Martin-Cizikas-Boulton. Defensive pairings: MacDonald-Hamonic, Hickey-Visnovsky, Martinek-Streit, Finley-Carkner.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Ryder – Plekanec – Gionta; Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher; Galchenyuk – Eller – Dumont; Moen – White – Armstrong.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets lines: Umberger-Johansen-Foligno; Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson; Prospal-Brassard-Letestu; Gillies-Drazenovic-Boll.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk; Elias-Henrique-Bernier; Carter-Zajac-Clarkson; Barch-Gionta-Kostopoulos. Defensive pairings: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Hagelin-Richards-Nash Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan Pyatt-Boyle-Miller Haley-Halpern-Powe.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Greening-Turris-Silfverberg; Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson; Daugavins-Zibanejad-Regin and Condra-O’Brien-Stone.
- Steve Goldstein via twitter: Looking like Jacob Markstrom and the Panthers against Anders Lindback and the Lightning.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Braden Holtby will start in net for the Capitals tonight.
- Defensive pairings: Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jake Allen is the first off the ice for the Blues and likely starter.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: James Reimer looks to be the starter for the Maple Leafs tonight.
Escrow … Injury updates: Filppula, Helm, McDonald, Steen, Tarasenko, Lombardi and Schlemko … Lindback to start
- James Mirtle via twitter: 20% for escrow will come off the players checks this pay period. The league is saying revenue projections are down. Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Revenue projections are down to $2.1 billion from $2.4 billion.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The Red Wings could welcome some players back to the lineup in the next seven to 10 days.
“We expect [Valtteri] Filppula back this week at some point on the Western Canada trip,” GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com Monday. “We’re expecting Darren Helm to come back after that trip, either at home to Minnesota or for the California trip. So we’ll get a few bodies back the next four or five games.”
- Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch: Blues Andy McDonald (knee) and Alex Steen (shoulder) could return the lineup on their three game home stand. McDonald and Steen have missed the last seven games. Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) skated on Saturday.
“I don’t talk too much about concussions, but it’s not about skating — there’s a lot of things,” Armstrong said. “Whether he plays on this home stand, the next two weeks, three weeks, the next month … you’re only creating false hope to your fans by putting a timetable on something that there isn’t a timetable.”
- Norm Sanders via twitter: Update on Vladimir Tarasenko’s concussion, ”He’s been doing light skating, but nothing team-oriented”
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes Matthew Lombardi will be re-evaluated this morning to see if he’s able to return. David Schlemko is getting closer.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Panthers.
- Vancouver Canucks via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks tonight.
- Buffalo Sabres via twitter: Ryan Miller will start in net for the Sabres tonight.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks tonight.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Niklas Backstrom will start in net for the Wild tonight.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net for the Lightning tonight.
Lines and Starting Goalies: Pens, Caps, Sens, Habs, Rangers Leafs, Lightning, Wings, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Oilers, and Wild
- Pens Inside Scoop via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals Lines: Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Chimera-Ribeiro-Ovechkin, Fehr-Perreault-Ward, Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb. Defensive pairings: Alzner-Kundratek, Erskine-Carlson, Schultz-Poti.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson; Greening-Da Costa-Condra; Alphabet-Smith-Neil and Daugavins-Regin-Zibanejad.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta; Pacioretty – Desharnais – Cole; Galchenyuk – Eller – Prust; Moen – White – Armstrong. Defensive pairing: Markov – Emelin; Gorges – Diaz; Bouillon – Subban
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: It will be Craig Anderson and the Senators against Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs against the Sabres.
- Defensive pairing: Carey Price will start in net for the Canadiens.
- Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net for the Lightning.
- George Sipple via twitter: Jimmy Howard will start in net for the Red Wings.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders.
- Jeff Rimer via twitter: Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net for the Blue Jackets.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Devan Dubnyk will start in net for the Oilers.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Niklas Backstrom will start in net for the Wild.
Quick hits: Audio, Subban-Habs talking today, Kubina, Henrique, Flyers, Hovinen, Leafs and Jets lines and starting goalies
- Globe and Mail Audio:Eric Duhatschek, James Mirtle and Darren Yourk – TV numbers, Zajac and Lupul contracts, Subban trade speculation and Gretzky’s future.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Critical in-person meeting this morning between the Canadiens management and P.K. Subban’s Newport group. An offer must now start around Jamie Benn’s $26 million contract to have chance.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: UFA defenseman Pavel Kubina’s agent said they are considering 3 NHL offers.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Adam Henrique is on the ice with the team today. He’s still recovering from surgery on his left thumb.
- Corey Pronman via twitter: Ducks have reassigned defenseman Sami Vatanen to the AHL.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Defenseman Andreas Lilja will be with the Flyers this weekend in Florida. No news on Andrej Meszaros yet. Sarah Baicker via twitter: Meszaros updated coming later today. He had his arm in a sling last night.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Oilers claim goalie Niko Hovinen off waivers from the Flyers. The Jets place Mark Dekanich on waivers.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: MacArthur-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulemin, Steckel-Kadri-Frattin, Brown-McClement-Orr. Looks like Komarov missing.
- Pens Inside Scoop via twitter: Jets lines: Ladd-Antropov-Little Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler Ponikarovsky-Burmistrov-Wellwood Wright-Slater-Thorburn. Defensive pairings: Enstrom-Byfuglien Stuart-Hainsey Clitsome-Postma
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Anders Lindback will be in net for the Lightning tonight. Defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron back in the lineup.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tonight.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will be in net for the Capitals against the Devils tonight.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Tuukka Rask appears to be getting his fourth straight start in net against the Islanders tonight.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Ben Bishop will start in net for the Senators tonight.
- Bruce Brothers of the Pioneer Press: Josh Harding will start in net for the Wild tonight.
Lines, defensive pairing and starting goalies: Senators, Panthers, Red Wings, Sabres, Hurricanes, Blues, Predators, Lightning and Devils
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg, Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson, Greening-Smith-Neil, O’Brien-Regin-Condra. Daugavins will be a scratch. Defensive pairings: Karlsson-Methot, Gonchar-Philllips, Wiercioch-Benoit.
- George Richards via twitter: Alex Kovalev has joined Stephen Weiss and Tomas Fleischmann on the Panthers top line. Tomas Kopecky joins Jonathan Huberdeau and Peter Mueller.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Panthers lines: Fleischmann-Weiss-Kovalev, Huburdeau-Mueller-Kopecky, Upshall-Matthias-Shore and Skille-Smithson-Parros.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings defensive pairings: Kronwall-Lashoff, Quincey-Smith: Huskins-Kindl.
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres defensive pairings: Ehrhoff-Sulzer, Regehr-Myers and Leopold-Sekera. Weber and Brennan extras.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Looks like Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Jose Theodore is expected to start in net for the Panthers against the Senators.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tonight. Ben Bishop will likely start tomorrow against the Lightning.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Cam Ward is first off the ice and likely starter for the Hurricanes.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will be in net for the Sabres tonight.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks tonight.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues tonight.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Pekka Rinne will start in net for Predators.
- Tampa Bay Lightning via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net tomorrow against the Senators.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tomorrow against Capitals.