- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Andrej Meszaros
From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Sarah Baicker: Sources say that a Clowe trade to the Flyers won’t happen if the Sharks insist on Sean Couturier.
- David Pollak: Clowe said he’s open to either a trade-and-sign or as a rental. Depends on where he’s trade to, and what is offered.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: GM Doug Wilson is considering offers from almost a dozen teams.
“I’m aware of what’s going on and anything happening with me has to go through me, so we’ll see,” Clowe said, declining to say whether he thought a deal would happen or not. “I don’t want to give a percentage or anything. Would I be surprised? Probably not. I wouldn’t be shocked.
“If something didn’t happen and I stayed here, I’d handle it just like I handled the last three games,” he said. “I’d play my ass off just like I have.”
“If I go somewhere, I’m not going to sign unless I see potential, but it’s definitely something I’d be open to,” Clowe said. “On the other hand, if it had to come down somewhere as a rental it wold probably be to a team that’s a top team looking at making a run. We’ll see.”
- Kevin Kurz: A Ryane Clowe trade is likely to happen today.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Good chance Clowe is moved today. A deal is close, but not a guarantee.
- Bob McKenzie: McKenzie thinks the leading contenders are the Flyers or Wild. Rangers, Canucks and Canadiens in the mix. 50-50 it happens today. Rangers may only be intersted in Clowe as a rental. Flyers, Wild and Canucks are capable of giving Clowe an extension. The Sharks and Wild have dealt in the past.
- Pierre LeBrun: A Ryane Clowe trade could go down today. Teams that may have at least talked to the Sharks: Flyers, Wild, Canucks, Canadiens, Rangers and Bruins, possibly more.
- Bruce Garrioch: Confirms a St. John’s report that the Flyers have made a offer for Clowe, and have had talks with his agent.
- Sam Carchidi: The Flyers currently have $3.5 million in cap space and could add to that if they put Andrej Meszaros or Daniel Briere on the LTIR. They have lots of room to add a Jaromir Jagr or Clowe.
- David Pagnotta: Source saying report of Clowe going to Flyers is “premature.” Flyers are one of many teams in play.
- Renaud Lavoie: Lavoie has been told that the Bruins and Canadiens are not on the top of Clowe’s list.
- Sarah Baicker: Source saying that the Flyers and Sharks are talking a couple different scenarios. One of them involves Clowe but the cost is high.
- Bruce Garrioch: The asking price for Clowe is likely Sean Couturier.
- Mike Heika: Scouting the Stars-Wild: Sharks, Senators and Avalanche.
- Chris Kuc: Scouting the Blackhawks-Ducks: Avalanche, Sharks, Flyers, Rangers, Senators and Canucks.
- NY Islanders on NHL.com: The Islanders have signed Lubomir Visnovsky to a two year contract extension. (Deal is said to be worth about $9.5 million)
- Anthony SanFilippo: Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn has a separated shoulder and Andrej Meszaros will require surgery.
- Tracey Myers: The Blackhawks have put Marian Hossa on the IR, a procedural move.
- David Pagnotta: The Sharks assign Thomas Greiss to the AHL on a conditioning stint.
- Rich Chere: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils.
Quick Hits: Staal, Hamrlik, Anderson, Brodeur, Grossman, Meszaros, Read, Janssen, Kinkaid, Frattin, Johnson, Liles, Komisarek, Reimer and Hedberg
- New York Rangers: Rangers Marc Staal was examined by an ophthalmologist and a maxillofacial surgeon today. “The injury has improved significantly and both doctors are optimistic that Marc will make a full recovery.”
- Katie Strang via twitter: The Rangers have claimed defenseman Roman Hamrlik off waivers from the Capitals.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators goalie Craig Anderson’s ankle isn’t getting any better.
“He does (need more time),” said coach Paul MacLean. “I don’t think he’s had a setback, but it hasn’t responded like we anticipated. We’re going to make sure (he gets rest).”
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils coach Peter De Boer said that Martin Brodeur is “feeling better” but not close to returning. Brodeur is no longer day-to-day.
- Philadelphia Flyers: The Flyers announce that Nicklas Grossman, Andrej Meszaros and Matt Read are all day-to-day. Eric Wellwood was loaned back to the Adirondack Phantoms.
- Katie Strang via twitter: The Devils have sent forward Cam Janssen and goalie Keith Kinkaid back to the AHL and recalled goalie Jeff Frazee.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs Matt Frattin will not be in the lineup tonight.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Erik Johnson and Ryan Wilson will not be in the lineup tonight.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Looking like John-Michael Liles and Mike Komisarek will be scratches again.
- David Alter via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils tomorrow night.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Flyers announced that Scott Hartnell had surgery to repair his big left toe, out 4-6 weeks.
- NHL.com: Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros will be out at least a month with a shoulder injury according to GM Paul Holmgren. Meszaros hurt his shoulder in the last shift of the second period on Thursday night.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Martin Hanzal and Rostislav Klesla both skated [yesterday]. Hanzal is questionable for [today] and Klesla is still on the IR. Both have lower-body injuries. If Hanzal is able to play, he’ll slot in for Lombardi, if not, coach Tippettt said they’ll look at possibilities tomorrow.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings defenseman Ian White hopes that he can resume skating next week, and return to the lineup the following week.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes Matthew Lombardi was getting evaluated today, he’s still out indefinitely.
- Dave Vest via twitter: Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that Mike Smith remains day-to-day and that Lombardi ”may be out for a significant amount of time.”
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators Kaspars Daugavins replaced Guillaume Latendresse.
Quick hits: Audio, Subban-Habs talking today, Kubina, Henrique, Flyers, Hovinen, Leafs and Jets lines and starting goalies
- Globe and Mail Audio:Eric Duhatschek, James Mirtle and Darren Yourk – TV numbers, Zajac and Lupul contracts, Subban trade speculation and Gretzky’s future.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Critical in-person meeting this morning between the Canadiens management and P.K. Subban’s Newport group. An offer must now start around Jamie Benn’s $26 million contract to have chance.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: UFA defenseman Pavel Kubina’s agent said they are considering 3 NHL offers.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Adam Henrique is on the ice with the team today. He’s still recovering from surgery on his left thumb.
- Corey Pronman via twitter: Ducks have reassigned defenseman Sami Vatanen to the AHL.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Defenseman Andreas Lilja will be with the Flyers this weekend in Florida. No news on Andrej Meszaros yet. Sarah Baicker via twitter: Meszaros updated coming later today. He had his arm in a sling last night.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Oilers claim goalie Niko Hovinen off waivers from the Flyers. The Jets place Mark Dekanich on waivers.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: MacArthur-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulemin, Steckel-Kadri-Frattin, Brown-McClement-Orr. Looks like Komarov missing.
- Pens Inside Scoop via twitter: Jets lines: Ladd-Antropov-Little Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler Ponikarovsky-Burmistrov-Wellwood Wright-Slater-Thorburn. Defensive pairings: Enstrom-Byfuglien Stuart-Hainsey Clitsome-Postma
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Anders Lindback will be in net for the Lightning tonight. Defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron back in the lineup.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tonight.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will be in net for the Capitals against the Devils tonight.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Tuukka Rask appears to be getting his fourth straight start in net against the Islanders tonight.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Ben Bishop will start in net for the Senators tonight.
- Bruce Brothers of the Pioneer Press: Josh Harding will start in net for the Wild tonight.
- Adam Kimelman of NHL.com: Flyers winger Scott Hartnell will be out 4 to 8 weeks with broken first metatarsal in his left foot according to GM Paul Holmgren.
“Right now we’re trying to decide, talking to the doctor, what the best way to proceed is as far as how to approach this,” Holmgren said before the Flyers’ game against the New York Rangers. “I can’t give you a time frame. It’s probably going to be between four to eight weeks. … Obviously it’s a significant injury.”
Holmgren on Daniel Briere:
“He’s getting better,” Holmgren said. “I would say he’s maybe 50-50 on the weekend. I’ll have a better idea after the game.”
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Henrik Zetterberg skated with Damien Brunner and Johan Franzen. Pavel Datsyuk stated with Valtteri Filppula and Todd Bertuzzi. Filppula left practice early to rest his knee. Forwards Darren Helm and Todd Bertuzzi, defenseman Jakub Kindl should be available tonight. Jonathan Ericsson will be a game-time decision.
- Bob Mitchell of the Toronto Star: Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul will be out for at least 6 weeks with a fractured forearm.
- Jason Gregor via twitter: Kings winger Simon Gagne had a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from his neck in the summer. Headache free now.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Panthers Stephen Weiss has a lower body injury.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets Cam Atkinson is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers Andrej Meszaros has an upper-body injury, more will be known today. Frank Seravalli via twitter: Meszaros injured the same shoulder back in 2009. Missed 6 months after having surgery for a labrum tear.
- Phoenix Coyotes via twitter: Coyotes center Matthew Lombardi left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Josh Brown via twitter: Dallas Stars prospect Radek Faksa is out 4 to 6 weeks with a MCL injury.
Teams looking at Redden and Gomez … Flames send two to Abbotford … Leonsis will let Ovechkin go to Sochi Olympic
- Daren Millard via twitter: Oilers GM Steve Tambellini said they’ve talked about the waiver process when asked about interest in defenseman Wade Redden.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Russo doesn’t think the Wild will have any interest in Wade Redden.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers have no interest interest in Wade Redden.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: The Flyers could start the season without defenseman Andrej Meszaros, Erik Gustafsson and Marc-Andre Bourdon.
“I am of the belief that you can never have too many defensemen,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said last week.
Would the Flyers be interested? The Flyers would have been more interested in Redden if he was bought out went the CBA was ratified. They signed Kurtis Foster to a 1 year, $950,000 deal on Sunday. The Flyers are at 49 of 50 contracts. If Scott Laughton sticks and player more than 6 NHL games, he would contract #50. They could move a player to bring in Redden if they chose. If Redden looks for a contract under $1 million, the Flyers could be in the mix, along with the Islanders, Oilers, and Blue Jackets.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: A 2nd Pacific team is interested in Scott Gomez. Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Stephens wonders if Ducks would bring in Gomez as Getzlaf and Koivu are their only proven centers. They are believed to be talking about it internally.
- Wes Gilbertson via twitter: Flames have sent Ben Street and Chris Breen back to the Abbotsford of the AHL. Brad Winchester was released from his PTO. Feaster said the decision on the backup goalie would be decided [last night] and revealed today after the wavier process.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals owner Ted Leonsis was adamant that he will let Alex Ovechkin go to the Sochi Olympics even if the NHL doesn’t allow players to go.
Injury notes: Peckham, Sutton, Mitchell, Gerbe, Hamhuis, Booth, Kassian, Kesler, Briere, Iginla, Hossa and Meszaros
- Jim Matheson via twitter: The Oilers have recalled defenseman Taylor Fedum, so Theo Peckham’s hip injury may keep him out awhile.
- Gene Principe via twitter: Oilers GM Steve Tambellini: ”I don’t believe Andy (Sutton) is going to play this season”
- Curtis Zupke via twitter: Kings coach Darryl Sutter said that defenseman Willie Mitchell had knee surgery and “he’s way behind.” “Now it’s almost seven” weeks instead of a couple.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Sabres Nathan Gerbe will start the year on the IR. He’s been skating with teammates, but hasn’t been cleared for heavy contact yet.
- Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun: Canucks Dan Hamhuis and David Booth are day-to-day with groin strains. Winger Zach Kassian didn’t skate yesterday due to back spasms, and is day-to-day. GM Mike Gillis suggests that Ryan Kesler will be back sooner than later,
“His spot isn’t going to be vacant for a long period of time,” Gillis said. “Ryan’s had a really good three weeks, although you never have a definite time table on these things. He’s a competitor and I know he wants to play.”
- Randy Miller via twitter: Flyers Daniel Briere has a hairline fracture but it’s getting better. He’s out for the first 2 games for sure.
- Calgary Flames via twitter: Jarome Iginla and Anton Babchuk skated his morning with assistant coach Martin Gelinas.
- Tim Sassone via twitter: Blackhawks Marian Hossa says he has no health issues and ”when I step on the ice my head is clear.”
- Frank Servalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers defenseman, Andrej Meszaros, tore his Achilles’ last July but hasn’t ruled himself out for Saturday’s season opener. Daniel Briere won’t be ready for the opener, but could be ready for their game against the Devils on January 22nd.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Kristian Huselius announced on AIK’s website that he’ll be retiring due to continuous hip issues. He only played in 5 games this season. Huselius said,
“It has become worse and worse every game I played. So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey completely.”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Kings Anze Kopitar’s initial diagnosis of Grade 2 MCL sprain was accurate. Technically the Kings could suspend Kopitar and Willie Mitchell as they got hurt during the lockout and can’t start the season. GM Lombardi said he would talk to the higher-ups about it, though may not pursue it.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals Tom Poti is pain free and “pretty confident” that he’ll be cleared to take part in training camp.
- Kevin Snow via twitter: Sabres Tyler Ennis said that he’s 100% and not bothered by the shoulder injury he sustained in Switzerland.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: If Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros is not able to start the season, they are in big trouble. Meszaros said: ”Sometimes, I am really sore and I can’t push off. I’m still weak [in heel]. It’s a matter of time before I get my strength back”
- Randy Miller via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Daniel Briere’s wrist injury: ”Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern. We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Gerbe had back surgery … Mezsaros back skating … Schneider, Duchene may be heading home … Letang to SKA
- Steve Vesey of WIVB: (hat tip to Dobber for link) Sabres forward Nathan Gerbe had offseason back surgery. He couldn’t skate for 6 months, and just got back on the ice in the last couple weeks.
“It’s been a good time for me to get healthy,” said Gerbe. “I had spine surgery in the summer… I’m just starting to catch my groove and get strong again, and hopefully I can get back at some point this season.”
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Andrej Mezsaros has a doctor’s appointment on Monday to see how much he’s healed. He’s been skating but not 100% just yet.
- Sportsnet: News 1130 Sports out of Vancouver is reporting that Cory Schneider may have played his final game on Wednesday with HC Ambri Piotta of the Swiss League, and could be heading back to North America soon. Matt Duchene could also be leaving Ambri Piotta soon as well.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Penguins Kris Letang has signed to play with SKA in the KHL.
Filppula hurts knee … Sheahan arrested … Meszaros skating … Prohorkin’s contract invalid … Gervais heading to Germany
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Valtteri Filppula sprained his right knee on Tuesday in Finland. He’ll undergo further examination today.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detriot News: Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was arrested on October 29th and charged with “driving with an alcohol content more than two times the legal limit.” Sheahan blew 0.17 or higher and gave false information after being pulled over for going the wrong way on a one way street. He pleaded not guilty and faces 180 days in jail.
“I’m aware of the charges against Riley,” general manager Ken Holland said. “Internally we’ve dealt with Riley. He obviously made a very, very poor decision.”
- Tim Panaccio of the CSN Philly: Flyers Andrej Meszaros skated yesterday for the 2nd time in full equipment. Meszaros tore his right Achilles tendon in August. Recovery is still 4 to 6 months.
“If I can come back in four months, that would be awesome,” Meszaros said. “But if it is six months, then that is what it is.”
“I’m feeling pretty good, back skating with full gear on,” Meszaros said. “It’s coming along and I’m happy about that.”
“If I am lucky, I don’t know,” he said. “I wish I had not had this injury so I could be in Europe playing right now. I miss playing. On the other hand, for me, it’s good that I am getting better. After my back injury, and then this, I have had more rehab on the back, too.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: The LA Kings contract with Nikolai Prohorkin has been ruled invalid.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Chris Stewart signs with Crimmitschau for the rest of the lockout. He was previously with Liberec (1 pt in 5 gms) and Crimmitschau (11 pts in 9 gms) before that.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Bruno Gervais signed with Heilbronn in Germany.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Penguins that skated together yesterday at Southpointe: Niskanen, Lovejoy, Dupuis, Kunitz, Cooke, Adams, Vitale, Kennedy, Crosby, Fleury plus Brent Johnson.
Kovalachuk isn’t ruling out staying in Russia … Alfie unsure on future … McKenzie’s Calder thoughts … Rask’s groin injury
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ilya Kovalchuk has joined Alex Ovechkin in saying “I do not rule out that if the salaries are cut I will stay in the #KHL.”
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets hiring of John Davidson could happen as soon as today.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: Senators Daniel Alfredsson is unsure about his playing future.
“I think the longer it’s been going here I don’t feel as eager to get back,” the 39-year-old said in a discussion about the lockout. “I’d say I’m more relaxed. If it happens, it happens.
“I can’t say I’ve at all been frustrated or really looking forward to coming to the rink. I love it when I’m on the ice and I have fun, but at the same time, at this stage, I know I have to look forward as well. Depending what happens, we’ll see how quick that comes.”
“I think that goes for everybody,” he said. “For the fans, too. I think in the beginning everybody follows exactly what goes on (with the labour dispute). You read every little thing, and you read into it, and as time goes on and nothing happens, you kind of tune out of it, you get tired of it. We’re no different.”
On if he’d come back next year if an entire season is lost,
“I could, physically,” he said. “I don’t think it would be an issue for me. It’s all in motivation, I think. Do I feel I could go a whole year and do it again? I think I could. But do I want to? That’s more what I think will determine it.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Talking Calder trophy if there is a season. McKenzie is leaning towards Cory Conacher as the rookie of the year (though he’s not even guaranteed a roster spot with the Lightning) or Jonathan Huberdeau. Other candidates would be Granlund MIN, Tarasenko STL, Bartschi CGY, Kreider NYR, Schultz and Yakupov, EDM, Foligno (BUF), Schwartz STL, Vatanen ANA, Brodin MIN, Saad CHI as well as all the U/As: Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Strome, Jenner etc.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said that Andrej Meszaros’s rehab on his right Achilles tendon is on schedule and a December return might be possible.
- Kevin Paul Dupont via twitter: The Bruins and Tuukka Rask’s agent are aware of Rask’s alleged groin injury, but don’t have much other info at the moment.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: David Krejci: “I regret my recent lockout comments which were made flippantly in locker room after last gm. Didn’t intent for them to be recorded. I have been treated very well by the Boston Bruins and wish to confirm that my comments shouldn’t reflect on the club in any way”