- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Anze Kopitar
Kings Quotes: Kopitar wasn’t injured, Richard’s on his injury, does Scuderi or Voynov get a deal first
- John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor: Kings Anze Kopitar didn’t appear to be injured.
“There is not going to be any surgery necessary. In fact, I just talked to Chris (Kingsley, Kings head trainer) and our doctor. I can actually get rid of the knee brace too. So, I’m getting back to no discomfort and good strength in my knee. I should be fine. And in regards to being injured during the playoffs, there was really no significant injuries that I suffered. It was normal, just banged up a little bit, a few bumps and bruises. That’s about it.”
- John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor: Kings Mike Richards on his injury in the Western Conference Final:
“Like I said, they scored on their chances that they got. It is frustrating just sitting there, especially with a concussion because you never know – with the way you feel. You think you feel good. Then, I went out and tried to skate and you don’t feel well. I think that’s the most frustrating part of it. Because you think you can play and then you start doing activities and realize you’re not only putting the team at risk, but you’re putting yourself at risk too. So, what’s frustrating the most is that you can’t do anything about it to help the team.”
- John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor: Kings GM Dean Lombardi on whether it’s more important to sign UFA Rob Scuderi or RFA Slava Voynov first.
“Kind of chicken and egg, isn’t it? And part of that too, what you have to factor into that, there’s at least a difference between an unrestricted free agent and a restricted, right? So that enters into who you prioritize also. I don’t have a problem with that. You can say, looking at it as a player, I do this, but there’s also the issue of a guy with seniority and he’s putting in more years, probably deserves consideration, not only morally because he has seniority, but also the agreement dictates that you probably have to move quicker because at least the other guys you have rights to. So, it’s hard to answer your question, but trust me, these last two, three months when I saw what was happening here, and then losing Willie Mitchell, it’s – I’ve talked about having chemistry projects in the back room before, well we’ve taken this to a nuclear science now in terms of how you put these equations together. I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s cut as black and white as that. It’s really hard, unless you guys want another really long, hour long answer, we just better probably leave it at that.”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Kings GM Dean Lombardi said the prognosis made on Anze Kopitar’s knee in Sweden was basically right, 2-3 weeks recovery is expected.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Lombardi said it’s not easy to put a time-frame on Willie Mitchell’s knee injury. It’s not structural. He has stopped skating.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Lombardi confirmed that he has the authority to spend to the salary cap ceiling.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: GMs have spoken to each other throughout the lockout, and Lombardi says that he doesn’t expect a rush of deals before the season starts.
- John Hoven via twitter: Lombardi confirms that he is not interested in trading Jonathan Bernier anytime soon. He’s ‘Too valuable right now.”
- John Hoven of Mayors Manor: Lombardi on possibility of a Bernier trade:
“I don’t think that’s feasible at all right now. He’s an important part of this team. Let’s face it, our guys in the minors aren’t ready for that role. And that’s an important role. Like Darryl [Sutter] says, with all these games back-to-back and stuff – hey, a number two starter in baseball is pretty important and that’s the way a goaltender is. (So), I don’t see how that’s possible. He’s too important to us.”
Lombardi on what to say to a guy who has let it be known that he wouldn’t mind getting out, but who you need right now:
“Be a pro. There’s a system in place. It’s called the Collective Bargaining Agreement. At some point players – (after a pause) that’s the way it is. Obviously, if the right thing is there for the team, you look at it. But, you can’t be responding to this without the number one focus being on the team and he’s too important to the team. Unless something hits us that’s really going to help this team, it’s not feasible. Now, there’s a time limit on that, it’s called the CBA – where you don’t have that choice as a General Manager anymore and you do what’s best. But, that’s the system.”
- Josh Wingrove via twitter: Taylor Hall is getting stitches to a cut above his eye after he tripped on the stairs and banged heads with Jordan Eberle.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Dynamo Moscow of the KHL say that Alex Ovechkin has left for the Capitals early as he’s nursing a minor injury according to SovSport.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers Nikolai Khabibulin said that he’s hopeful to be ready for the start of the season. He still needs see an improvement, so there is no guarantees.
- Anthony SanFilippo via twitter: Flyers Matt Walker is still suffering from a bad back and likely won’t pass his physical. He could be looking at time on the LTIR.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom’s status for the start of the season remains uncertain. On Dec. 26th he crashed awkwardly into the boards, injuring his neck. GM George McPhee said he can’t update the situation until the CBA is ratified.
“There are some things we can talk about, some things we can’t, and we can’t talk about the fitness or health of any players until training camp,” McPhee said Tuesday. “I’d be happy then.”
If Backstrom isn’t ready to start the season, the Capitals won’t have pay his contract since he was injured during the lockout.
- Helene Elliott of the LA Times: It’s all but certain the Kings will be without Anze Kopitar to start the season due to a sprained right MCL. He’ll undergo more tests when he arrives in LA. GM Dean Lombardi estimated 2 or 3 weeks, though these types of injuries can take longer to heal. Goalie Jonathan Quick had back surgery in August and is expected to be ready for the start of the season.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Kristian Huselius announced on AIK’s website that he’ll be retiring due to continuous hip issues. He only played in 5 games this season. Huselius said,
“It has become worse and worse every game I played. So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey completely.”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Kings Anze Kopitar’s initial diagnosis of Grade 2 MCL sprain was accurate. Technically the Kings could suspend Kopitar and Willie Mitchell as they got hurt during the lockout and can’t start the season. GM Lombardi said he would talk to the higher-ups about it, though may not pursue it.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals Tom Poti is pain free and “pretty confident” that he’ll be cleared to take part in training camp.
- Kevin Snow via twitter: Sabres Tyler Ennis said that he’s 100% and not bothered by the shoulder injury he sustained in Switzerland.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: If Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros is not able to start the season, they are in big trouble. Meszaros said: ”Sometimes, I am really sore and I can’t push off. I’m still weak [in heel]. It’s a matter of time before I get my strength back”
- Randy Miller via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Daniel Briere’s wrist injury: ”Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern. We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Here is a list of players that have signed contracts to play overseas during the NHL lockout.
We will continue to update as long as players keep signing.
|Player||2012-13 NHL Team||Lockout Team||League|
|Artem Anisimov||Columbus||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Nik Antropov||Winnipeg||HC Barys||KHL|
|Anton Babcuk||Calgary||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Nicklas Backstrom||Washington||HC Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Niklas Backstrom||Minnesota||Dynamo Minsk||KHL|
|Matt Beleskey||Anaheim||Coventry||EIHL (UK)|
|Jamie Benn||Dallas||Hamburg Freezers||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Sean Bergenheim||Florida||HIFK Helsinki||SM-liiga|
|Patrice Bergeron||Boston||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Patrik Berglund||St. Louis||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jonathan Bernier||Los Angeles||Heilbronner Falken||ESBG (Ger)|
|Sergei Bobrovsky||Columbus||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Damien Brunner||Detroit||EV Zug||KHL|
|Ilya Bryzgalov||Philadelphia||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Roman Cervenka||Calgary||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Zdeno Chara||Boston||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|David Clarkson||New Jersey||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Erik Condra||Ottawa||EV Fussen||Oberliga (Ger)|
|Logan Couture||San Jose||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Matt D’Agostini||St. Louis||SC Ressersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Pavel Datsyuk||Detroit||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Kaspars Daugavins||Ottawa||Dynamo Riga||KHL|
|Michael Del Zotto||NY Rangers||Rappersil-Jona Lakers||Swiss National A League|
|Jason Demers||San Jose||Oulu||SM-liiga|
|Raphael Diaz||Montreal||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Rick DiPietro||NY Islanders||SC Riessersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Matt Duchene||Colorado||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Christian Ehrhoff||Buffalo||Krefeld||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Lars Eller||Montreal||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alexei Emelin||Montreal||Ak Bars||KHL|
|Cory Emmerton||Detroit||SalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Deryk Engelland||Pittsburgh||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Tyler Ennis||Buffalo||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Jhonas Enroth||Buffalo||Huddinge IK||Sweden Division 1|
|Tobias Enstrom||Winnipeg||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Jonathan Ericsson||Detroit||Sodertalje EK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Viktor Fasth||Anaheim||Tingsryd||Swedish League (T2)|
|Ruslan Fedotenko||Philadelphia||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Eric Fehr||Winnipeg||HPK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Andrew Ference||Boston||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Valtteri Filppula||Detroit||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Kurtis Foster||Minnesota||Tappara||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Cody Franson||Toronto||Brynas||Swedish Elite League|
|Michael Frolik||Chicago||HC Chomutov||Czech Extraliga|
|Sam Gagner||Edmonton||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Sergei Gonchar||Ottawa||Metallurg||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Mikhail Grabovski||Toronto||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Colin Greening||Ottawa||Aalborg Pirates||AL-Bank Ligaen|
|Carl Hagelin||NY Rangers||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Martin Hanzal||Phoenix||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Victor Hedman||Tampa Bay||HC Barys||KHL|
|Ales Hemsky||Edmonton||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Patric Hornqvist||Nashville||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jiri Hudler||Calgary||Lev Praha||KHL|
|Jaromir Jagr||Dallas||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Jesse Joensuu||NY Islanders||Assat||Finnish League|
|Marcus Johansson||Washington||BIK Karlskoga||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jussi Jokinen||Carolina||Oulu||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Roman Josi||Nashville||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Tomas Kaberle||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Evander Kane||Winnipeg||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Patrick Kane||Chicago||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Erik Karlsson||Ottawa||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anton Khudobin||Boston||HC Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL|
|Jakub Kindl||Detroit||CSOB Pojistovna Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Rostislav Klesla||Phoenix||Trinec||Czech Extraliga|
|Tomas Kopecky||Florida||HK Dukla Trencin||Slovak Extraliga|
|Mikko Koivu||Minnesota||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anze Kopitar||Los Angeles||Mora||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Lauri Korpikoski||Phoenix||TPS||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Sergei Kostitsyn||Nashville||Avangard Omsk||KHL|
|Ilya Kovalchuk||New Jersey||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|David Krejci||Boston||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Pavel Kubina||Philadelphia||HC Vitkovice Steel||Czech Extraliga|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Florida||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Gabriel Landeskog||Colorado||Djargarden||Swedish Elite League|
|Brooks Laich||Washington||Kloten Flyers||Swiss National A League|
|Philip Larsen||Dallas||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anders Lindback||Tampa Bay||Ilves||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Clarke MacArthur||Toronto||ETC Crimmitschau||ESBG (Ger)|
|Andrew MacDonald||NY Islanders||HC Karlovy Vary||Czech Extraliga|
|Andrei Markov||Montreal||HC Vityaz||KHL|
|Radek Martinek||Columbus||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Ryan McDonagh||NY Rangers||HC Barys||KHL|
|Milan Michalek||Ottawa||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Brendan Mikkelson||Tampa Bay||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Drew Miller||Detroit||Braehead Clan||EIHL (UK)|
|Douglas Murray||San Jose||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Tyler Myers||Buffalo||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Rick Nash||NY Rangers||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Michal Neuvirth||Washington||Sparta Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Frans Nielsen||NY Islanders||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Nikita Nikitin||Columbus||Avangard Omsk Oblast||KHL|
|Andreas Nodl||Carolina||HC TWK Innsbruck||EBEL (Austria)|
|Patrick O’Sullivan||Phoenix||HIFK Helsinki||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alex Ovechkin||Washington||Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Max Pacioretty||Montreal||Ambri Piotta||Swiss National A League|
|Ondrej Pavelec||Winnipeg||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Lennart Petrell||Edmonton||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Rich Peverley||Boston||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Tomas Plekanec||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Roman Polak||St. Louis||HC Vitkovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Alexei Ponikarovsky||Winnipeg||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Corey Potter||Edmonton||Vienna Capitals||EBEL (Austria)|
|Vinny Prospal||Columbus||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Tuukka Rask||Boston||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Matt Read||Philadelphia||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Peter Regin||Ottawa||Langenthal||Swiss National B League|
|Pekka Rinne||Nashville||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Stephane Robidas||Dallas||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Michal Roszival||Chicago||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Kris Russell||St. Louis||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Mike Santorelli||Florida||Tingsryds AIF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Luca Sbisa||Anaheim||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Tom Sestito||Philadelphia||Sheffield Steelers||EIHL (UK)|
|Tyler Seguin||Boston||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Dennis Seidenberg||Boston||Adler Mannheim||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Andrej Sekera||Buffalo||HC Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Alexander Semin||Carolina||Sokol Krasnoyarsk||VHL (Russia)|
|Wayne Simmonds||Philadelphia||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Jack Skille||Florida||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Ladislav Smid||Edmonton||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Craig Smith||Nashville||KalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Vladimir Sobotka||St. Louis||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Jason Spezza||Ottawa||Rapperswil-Jona||Swiss National A League|
|Jared Spurgeon||Minnesota||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Viktor Stalberg||Chicago||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Alexander Steen||St. Louis||Modo||Swedish Elite League|
|Chris Stewart||St. Louis||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Mark Streit||NY Islanders||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Vladimir Tarasenko||St. Louis||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Tomas Tatar||Detroit||SHK 37 Piestany||Slovak Extraliga|
|John Tavares||NY Islanders||SC Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Joe Thornton||San Jose||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Jiri Tlusty||Carolina||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Thomas Vanek||Buffalo||Graz 99ers||EBEL (Austria)|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Lubomir Visnovsky||NY Islanders||Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Jakub Voracek||Philadelphia||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|Tom Wandell||Dallas||Severstal Cherepovets||KHL|
|Yannick Weber||Montreal||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Blake Wheeler||Winnipeg||EHC Munchen||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Tommy Wingels||San Jose||Kookoo||Mestis (Div II)|
|Marek Zidlicky||New Jersey||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Henrik Zetterberg||Detroit||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Sources: TSN, The Fourth Period and others.|
* Updated: Oct 12th
* Niklas Backstrom had signed with Dynamo Minsk, but he got injured and they went with Pekka Rinne instead.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: An IIHF representative said that transfer cards may take up to a week to be cleared.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Radek Martinek could sign with Moutfield Ceske Budejovice of the Czech League soon.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Lokomitiv is trying to sign deals with Artem Anisimov and Dmitry Kulikov this week.
- Genadi Boguslavski via twitter: Semyon Varlamov will play for Locomotiv Yaroslavl.
- Genadi Boguslavski via twitter: Alexei Yemelin’s KHL team, AK Bars, has decided not to sign NHL players.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Mikael Grabovski said he has an offer from Minsk, but nothing certain yet.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Lennart Petrell will play with NIFK of the SM-Liiga.
- Pavel Lysenkov via twitter: Pavel Datsyuk could sign with CSKA or Dynamo today.
- Rob Tychkowski via twitter: Nail Yakupov’s agent, Igor Larionov, said his transfer card is bogged down in hundreds of applications.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Alex Ovechkin will sign with Dynamo Moscow.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pagnotta was told that Alex Ovechkin’s insurance costs more than $100,000 per month. The KHL team that signs him has to pay it.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Jason Spezza will be with Rapperswil, Anze Kopitar to Mora, Damien Brunner to Zug and Luca Sbisa to Lugano.
- Jakub Kindl via twitter: Kindl said he’s going to play in Pardubice.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: “insurance is a huge factor for players looking to play overseas, and it’ll prevent a lot of guys from going.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: KHL’s Ak Bars Kazan said they won’t sign NHLers. It was reported yesterday that Pavel Datsyuk was signing with them. Also reports of Ak Bars getting Alex Burmistrov, so there are some conflicting reports out there. Ken Wiebe via twitter: Burmistrov said he’s fine with being assigned to St. John’s of the AHL, “I have to go there and play hockey.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: A KHL source said that CSKA has stepped up bid for Alex Ovechkin. Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ovechkin’s agent said they’ll negotiate with Dynamo Moscow today. Has also had contact with CSKA.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Max Pacioretty said via a text regarding playing overseas, “Trying to, but there’s no Jobs.”
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Alexander Semin hasn’t signed with a KHL team, and has no immediate plans to sign with one according to his agent.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Rick Nash and Joe Thornton have agreed to deals with HC Davos of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pekka Rinne is finalizing a deal with Karpat of SM-Liiga in Finland.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Should know in the next 24 hours if an Anze Kopitar deal with Mora (Tier 2 Sweden) gets done. Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League in the mix if Mora deal falls through.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Raphael Diaz signed with EV Zug of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Logan Courture has agreed to a deal with Geneve-Servette HC.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Ales Hemsky has a deal with Pardubice of the Czech League, his dad is the GM.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Joe Pavelski said he wasn’t sure if he’ll play overseas, but is considering it.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: TJ Oshie on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but I’m definitely open to it though.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Wojtek Wolski on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but trying to get something done as soon as possible.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Zdeno Chara is still unsure if he’ll play overseas during the lockout.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ilya Kovalchuk will officially sign with SKA tomorrow.
- Szymon Szemberg via twitter: The coach/GM/owner of Geneva-Servette of the Swiss league said he’s in negotiations with Anze Kopitar.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Jason Demers will be playing Oulu in SM-liiga in Finland.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Nikolai Kulemin will be finalizing a deal with Metallurg. Michal Handzus will play with Banska Bystrica in Slovakia.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Ondrej Pavelec will play with HC Trinec of the Czech League.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Andrei Markov is not going to the KHL. Evgeni Nabokov is entertaining offers.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Jussi Jokinen has a contract with Karpat in Finland for 1 month. He’ll be taking it 1 month at a time.
- Juha Hittela via twitter: Scott Hartnell said he wants to play in KalPa. Kalpa’s GM said that Adam Hall is a possibility.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pekka Rinne, Mikko and Saku Koivu, and Teemu Selanne are getting interest from Finnish clubs.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Alexei Ponikarovsky will play with Donbass Donetsk of the KHL. Ruslan Fedotenko also signed with Donbass.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jiri Tlusty said last week he’s probably heading to Kladno.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues would like Vladimir Tarasenko to stay until at least November.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Weaker rumors of players going overseas: M. Koivu, Korpikoski to TPS; Filppula, Selänne to Jokerit; Ekman-Larsson to Tingsryd; Grossmann to Södertälje.
Wings-Leafs 2013 WC rumor … Panthers talking to Versteeg and Garrison … Kopitar leaves game … Green to LTIR … Umberger has concussion symptoms
- Gregg Krupa of the Detroit News: It’s expected that the NHL will announce the site of next year’s Winter Classic during the All-Star weekend. Rumor is they’ll be announcing a Red Wings – Maple Leafs match-up in Detroit. Wings owner Mike Ilitch may want it at the Tigers Stadium. Michigan Stadium holds 110,000 plus. Officially 104,172 attended The Big House (Michigan Stadium) to see the Wolverines and Spartans set the record for most people at a hockey game. Unofficially they figured the number was closer to 113,000. They don’t sell beer at college football games at The Big House.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Panthers GM Dale Tallon has said they are already working on contract extensions for Kris Versteeg and Jason Garrison. Talks have begun but nothing is imminent. They haven’t talked in weeks, but they have got things rolling.
- Dan Arritt of ESPN Los Angeles: Kings center Anze Kopitar left last night’s game with an upper body injury. He was checked head-first into the boards by Stars forward Brenden Morrow in the 3rd period. Coach Sutter said he just had a bloody nose and will be fine.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets forward RJ Umberer is out indefinitely with concussion like symptoms.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: The Capitals have put Mike Green on the LTIR. February 1st is the earliest he’ll be able to return. The Caps recalled forward Cody Eakin to take Green’s spot on the 23 man roster.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland on Nicklas Lidstrom not being named to the All-Star game: “Lidstrom wanted a few days off during the break & he’s looking forward to a few days off to rest the batteries.”
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Ducks Teemu Selanne was asked to go to the All-Star game but politely declined.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will make his 5th consecutive start for the Maple Leafs tonight in Buffalo. Coach Ron Wilson is not sure if James Reimer will play this weekend.
- TSN: The Maple Leafs have re-signed RFA defenseman Luke Schenn to a 5 year deal. Bob McKenzie via twitter: The 5 year deal is for $3.6 million per season, $18 million total.
- Brian Compton via twitter: The Islanders have agreed to a 2 year deal with RFA forward Josh Bailey.
- Helene Elliott of the LA Times: Drew Doughty is not expected to report to the Kings training camp today as they still haven’t come to terms.
“We’re committed to being engaged in discussions and we’re more than willing to talk,” Meehan said by phone Thursday. “I think the next step is for the Kings to respond to our correspondence.”
The Kings don’t want to pay Doughty more than Anze Kopitar’s $6.8 million. The Kings may have gone higher on a longer term, but Doughty wants a shorter term and more money.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: McKenzie thinks the next 24 hours for Doughty and the Kings are critical. “This may, and I said may, be perilously close to going off rails.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: As of last night, there has been no movement/dialogue in the 24 hours on Kyle Turris and the Phoenix Coyotes, doesn’t look like anything will be resolved any time soon.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Teemu Selanne will be back with the Ducks this year, signing a 1 year deal worth $4 million.
List below are the Top 30 Salary Cap Numbers for centers heading into the 2011-12 NHL season. Due to front-loading contracts (back-loaded in some cases), and teams having to deal with the salary cap, a players cap number takes precedence over their actual salary.
|Rk.||Player||Team||2011-12 Cap Number||2011-12 Salary|
A series of videos from Mike Richards and LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
Mike Richards talks to the media:
GM Dean Lombardi on Drew Doughty:
Lombardi talks about Brad Richards and bringing in other big name free agents:
Lombardi talks about injury updates on Justin Williams and Anze Kopitar: