- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Brent Seabrook
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Jimmy Howard left in the first period of last night’s game. Howard apparently was experiencing blurry vision after getting hit with a puck in practice.
“I didn’t know about that,” Mike Babcock said. “He wasn’t seeing good or something like that.
“He’ll get tested tomorrow, we’ll find out more.”
Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson, who just returned from a groin injury, missed the game with a hand injury after getting hit by an Ian White shot during the morning skate. Johan Franzen expects to get back in the lineup on Thursday. Carlo Colaiacovo is skating and should return soon. Brendan Smith is hoping to return next week.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen will skate today and could return to practice soon according to coach Kirk Muller. Jeff Skinner, Tim Gleason, Tim Brent and Tim Wallace are all day-to-day. Gleason could skate today. It’s unlikely that Skinner will, ”there isn’t anything that tells me he’s going to skate tomorrow.”
- Mark Lazarus of the Chicago Sun-Times: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook is day-to-day after taking a puck “Uh, somewhere” according to coach Quenneville. Goalie Corey Crawford hasn’t practiced since last Thursday with an upper-body injury. He skated on his own before yesterday’s practice.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The NHL has fined Wild forward Devin Setoguchi $8,108.11 for high stick to Red Wings Kyle Quincey.
- Edmonton Oilers via twitter: The Oilers have recalled defenseman Theo Peckham from the AHL.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Canucks Andrew Ebbett clears waivers. No one was put on waivers today.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Coach Joel Quenneville said that Dan Carcillo won’t play tonight, but will sometime on this homestand.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs Joffrey Lupul is back skating but is still a couple weeks away from returning from his fractured forearm.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Gabriel Landeskog is back practicing with the Avalanche but wearing a no contact jersey.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook isn’t on the ice for their morning skate. Brad Ziemer via twitter: Seabrook won’t play tonight with a lower-body injury.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Ullstrom and Boulton will be scratched. Reasoner and Hickey are in.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings Johan Franzen thinks he’ll be able to play in Thursday. Has missed the last 4 games with a sore hip flexor.
Flames cut ties with Sutter, Lowery … Stars interested in Parise and a Dman … Some Ducks won’t be back … Brodeur wants to play next year …Bitz gets 2 games
- Vicki Hall of hte Calgary Herald: The Calgary Flames have mutually parted ways with head coach Brent Sutter yesterday. Assistant coach Dave Lowry will not have his contract renewed. Sutter,“After discussions with Jay since the season ended, it was in the best interest of the organization and myself to part ways. I wish the Calgary Flames all the best.”
- Ian Busby of QMI Agency: Busby names some possible targets for the Flames next head coach. 1. Troy Ward (head coach of Abbotsford, AHL) 2. Bob Boughner (head coach Windsor, OHL) 3. Bob Hartley (head coach ZSC, Switzerland) 4. Craig MacTavish (head coach Chicago, AHL) 5. Mike Sullivan (assistant coach, NY Rangers).
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: (Mailbag) If the Stars are able to land a Zach Parise, they may have to unload some contracts, and Brenden Morrow and Steve Ott could be the guys. Other teams will have interest in Morrow and Ott. Richard Bachman will have to battle Jack Campbell for the backup roll next season. Campbell may be better with 1 more year of development. Heika thinks they could land Parise and make a trade for a defenseman. They might have to wait for a new CBA before they make a move on a defenseman.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks Corey Perry, Jonas Hiller, Cam Fowler and Luca Sbisa aren’t going anywhere. Ryan Getzlaf is entering a contract year and would be hard to replace. Bobby Ryan could be used to improve defense and depth. The Ducks have 8 unrestricted free agents, and hope to re-sign Saku Koivu. Jason Blake, Niklas Hagman and Dan Ellis are as good as gone. Center Rod Pelley may not be re-signed either. They will have decisions to make on George Parros and Sheldon Brookbank.
- Adam Jahns via twitter: Coyotes Radim Vrbata is day-to-day with an injury.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Predators defenseman Hal Gill didn’t practice yesterday and is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Canadiens have called the Red Wings about Jim Nill for their vacant GM position. In the past the Red Wings have said no to any team calling about him. The L.A .Times reported on Wednesday that the Canadiens are interested in Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall and Kings executive Luc Robitaille. The Canadiens have also inquired about Blackhawks assistant GM Marc Bergevin, Lightning assistant GM Julien BriseBois and Maple Leafs assistant GM Claude Loiselle.
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: Odds are Martin Brodeur will be back with the Devils next year.“I don’t know what the future will bring me. I want to play more, but a lot of circumstances could happen that I won’t,” he said. “So I’m looking forward to this.”
“I’m not 100 percent sure about next year because I don’t have a contract and I’m not negotiating or anything,” Brodeur said. “We’ll see what the future brings after these playoffs. But this season definitely answered a lot of questions in the way I’m able to perform and my willingness to do it every day. That was one of the things that was worrying me a little bit.
“You need to want to come to the rink. You need to want to travel. I’ve been doing it for a long time and I really regained that desire this season. That’s why I didn’t want to lean one way or the other for the longest time. Just because I wanted to see if I was up for the grind.”
- Canucks Byron Bitz suspended for 2 games.
Today is the 1st installment of our expanded NHL Trade Deadline coverage. We’ll be posting team outlooks leading up to trade deadline over the next couple weeks from a variety of contributing writers.
The Chicago Blackhawks are in the mix for the best record in the Western Conference, but are equally close to fourth place in the Central Division. With a good, young core locked up and over $5 million in cap space, the Blackhawks will be buyers at the deadline.
What will be the Blackhawks wants/needs?
1. Top-four defenseman
The Hawks have one of the best top pairs in the league with Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, but have been searching for the right formula all season in the wake of Brian Campbell being traded to Florida during the draft.
Nick Leddy’s developing nicely, but has been better when held under 20 minutes per game over the last month. Meanwhile, Niklas Hjalmarsson appears to have peaked as a number 4-5 defenseman who excels at blocking shots and killing penalties, but has not taken the next step in his development yet.
Some players the Hawks might target include Tim Gleason in Carolina, Hal Gill and/or Chris Campoli in Montreal, and, if Brian Burke puts him on the market, Cody Franson.
Flames forward Rene Bourque was suspended for 2 games for his hit from behind on Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook.
Bourque was given a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Seabrook left the game and it is believed he suffered a concussion.
Chris Johnston via twitter: The 2 games will cost $36,035.04.
Filatov having KHL issues … Flames weren’t 1 of 3 finalists for Turris … Suter/Weber update … Seabrook could have concussion … Team lines …
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Nikita Filatov’s agent has asked for a trade from the CSKA of the KHL if the team doesn’t complete the paperwork by midnight. If CSKA doesn’t sign or trade him, Filatov will return to Ottawa.
- Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun: The Flames tried to trade for Kyle Turris before he was sent to the Senators for David Rundblad and a 2nd round pick, “But in the end, they weren’t one of the three finalists” according to Coyotes GM Don Maloney.
“We had eight to 10 teams that showed more than a passing interest in him, but three teams in the last couple of days made significant offers we could live with.”
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC.ca: Predators David Poile responds, ”Ask me on February 27,” to the question about what he is going to do with Ryan Suter and Shea Weber. Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota and Philadelphia all have the cap room to add one of the 2 defensemen. Poile still hopes to sign them.
“If he trades one or both in February, he is going to get a huge return,” said another GM. “If he waits until [after the playoffs], it’s going to be much less.”
Poile also made is sound like that if they were still in the playoff race, he may not deal either. Coyotes GM Maloney asked the Senators for Mika Zibanejad or the Senators 1st round pick in exchange for Turris.
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: After taking a hit from Rene Bourque last night, Brent Seabrook left the game with what could be a concussion.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Bernstein doesn’t see the Kings making a deal before tonight’s roster freeze.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: The Blue Jackets split up Jeff Carter and Rick Nash for the first time. Carter played with Vinny Prospal and Mark Letestu. Nash was with Derick Brassard and RJ Umberger.
- Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs center Tim Connolly has moved up between Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul. Tyler Bozak moves back between Matt Frattin and either Joey Crabb or Colby Armstrong. Mikhail Grabovski will center Clarke MacArthur and Nikolai Kulemin.
- Marc Antoine Godin via twitter: Canadiens lines: Moen-Plekanec-Cammalleri, Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole, AK46-Eller-Leblanc, Blunden-Nokelainen-Darche.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils lines: Zach Parise-Adam Henrique-Ilya Kovalchuk Sykora-Tim Sestito-Zubrus; Tedenby-Zajac-Clarkson;Boulton-Carter-Janssen.
- James Gordon via twitter: Senators lines: Greening-Spezza-Alfredsson, Condra-Turris-Foligno, Smith-Regin-Neil, Winchester-Konopka-Butler.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan, Rupp-Fedotenko-Prust, Hagelin-Boyle-Mitchell, Wolski-Christensen-Avery.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars lines: Eriksson-Benn-Ryder; Morrow-Ribeiro-Ott; Nystrom-Fiddler-Dvorak; Dowell-Wandell-Petersen. Defensive pairings: Souray-Robidas; Grossman-Daley; Goligoski-Fistric.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs against Jonathan Quick and the Kings.
Giroux practices … Arniel safe … Burke could be looking at a Jan. trade … Parise only dealt if can’t be re-sign
NHL holiday roster freeze kicks in at midnight tonight and ends at midnight on the 27th.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: Claude Giroux practiced with the Flyers yesterday in a no contact jersey for the first time since sustaining a concussion. He said his headaches are “pretty much” gone. Giroux is not expected to play until after Christmas, and could miss the Winter Classic.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson on Scott Arniel’s coaching status:
“Coaching is not an issue on this team, as to where we are right now.”
“The players have to take it upon themselves to play better. “We’re all struggling through this, players included.”
- Kevin Paul Dupont via twitter: The Maple Leafs are wilting, so expect GM Brian Burke to make a significant deal at the start of January. It’s time for ID “tradeables” on the Leafs roster.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: The Blue Jackets talked with the Coyotes about Kyle Turris, but they couldn’t find a match. It’s likely the Blue Jackets will trade Vinny Prospal at the trade deadline. The 36 year old will be a UFA at the end of the season.
- Darren Dreger of TSN: Before being sent to the Canadiens for Jaroslav Spacek, the Hurricanes were offering a 2nd round pick to anyone willing to take Tomas Kaberle’s contract. If the Canadiens miss the playoffs or are knocked out early, can expect a full organizational review, with GM Pierre Gautier being very vulnerable. A few teams have made strong offers for Maple Leafs defensemen Keith Aulie and Cody Franson. They were “good” offers, but Burke isn’t interested in trading either defenseman at the moment. Burke may use Franson as a “piece” in his “fine tuning.” Aulie may only be dealt if he’s part of a bigger deal. The Devils priority is to re-sign Zach Parise, and he’d only be dealt after Lamoriello has done everything he can to re-sign him. Dreger thinks the Red Wings and Penguins would be as aggressive on Parise as other teams.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford is still looking to make some trades, and has often brought up dealing a defenseman for a forward.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild have called up Chad Rau and Jed Ortmeyer, placed Casey Wellman on the IR, and sent Cody Almond back to the AHL. The Wild do not expect Mikko Koivu or Pierre-Marc Bouchard to be in the lineup.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Flames Rene Bourque will have a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Blackhawks Brent Seabrook.
- Dallas Morning News: Richard Bachman is expected to start for the Stars against the Ducks.
Hurricanes claim Nodl … Interest in Bobrovsky, but Flyers don’t want to trade him … Neal fined … Staal skates … Reimer back Saturday
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Hurricanes have claimed Andreas Nodl off waivers from the Flyers. The Avalanche put Joakim Lindstrom on waivers. The Devils put Brad Mills on waivers. Panthers Mark Cullen clears re-entry waivers.
- Dustin Leed via twitter: There is interested in Flyers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky but the Flyers don’t want to move him.
- Joe Yerdon via twitter: James Neal was fined $2,500 by the NHL for his high stick on P.K. Subban.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Rangers defenseman Marc Staal has been symptom free for the last 5 weeks and has begun the next step in his recovery, skating on his own. He skated yesterday and today.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: David Bolland, Dan Carcillo and Brent Seabrook will be back in the Blackhawks lineup.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: James Reimer will likely be the Maple Leafs backup on Saturday.
- Mark Masters via twitter: Injured Leafs forward Colby Armstrong skated this morning by himself.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Capitals against the Blues.
- NY Islanders via twitter: Al Montoya will start in net for the Islanders tonight. Reasoner and Nino are in. Haley is a scratch.
Afternoon notes involving Pronger, Lilja, Nodl, Letang, Hall, Markov, Edler, Burrows, Seabrook, Eaves, Green, Miller and more
Philadelphia Flyers NHL.com: Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger will be out 4 weeks as he’s scheduled to have knee surgery tomorrow afternoon to remove some loose particles that have been bothering him for a month or so.
Anthony SanFilippo via twitter: The Flyers are putting Andreas Lilja on the LTIR.
Tim Panaccio via twitter: The Flyers have created $5.6 million in cap space with Pronger and Lilja on the LTIR.
Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Flyers have put Andreas Nodl on waivers. Panthers Mark Cullen is on re-entry waivers.
Seth Rorabaugh via twitter: Penguins Kris Letang has yet to undergo a baseline test.
Jason Gregor via twitter: Oilers Taylor Hall will have an MRI on his shoulder today. He’s optimistic it will be short term.
Eric Engels via twitter: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov could return on Wednesday against the Ducks, but playing the following night against the Sharks makes more sense.
Jason Botchford via twitter: Alex Edler is back practicing today. Alex Burrows is not practicing. Mason Raymond is with the Sedins.
Ben Meyer-Abbott via twitter: Blackhawks David Bolland and Brent Seabrook are expected to play tomorrow against the Coyotes.
Brian Hedger via twitter: According to the Red Wings, Patrick Eaves will be out 6-8 weeks as he requires surgery for his broken jaw.
Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals defenseman Mike Green skated today and on Saturday. GM McPhee said there is still no timetable for his return.
John Vogl via twitter: Sabres Ryan Miller will join teammates at tomorrow’s morning skate and plans on practicing with the team on Wednesday.
Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Jay Pandolfo will be out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot.
Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning forward Steve Downie is taking part in the morning skate, no word on if he’ll go tonight or not.
Corey Masisak via twitter: Lines at Capitals practice: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer, Semin-Johansson-Eakin, Chimera-Laich-Ward, Perreault-Hendricks-Halpern-Knuble.
Dan Tencer via twitter: Nikolai Khabibulin will start in net for the Oilers.
Jason Botchford via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks tomorrow.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: NHL coaches that could be in trouble are Brent Sutter (CAL), Paul Maurice (CAR), Joe Sacco (COL), Bruce Boudreau (WASH) and Scott Arniel (CBJ). The Flames are going to have to consider trading Jarome Iginla if they are out of the playoff race close to the trade deadline. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson continues to look for deals involving Derick Brassard, Antoine Vermette and Steve Mason for whatever they can get for them. There has been significant interest in Vermette. The Maple Leafs are expected to offer Jonas Gustavsson in a deal if they go after a goalie. Names available are Jonathan Bernier (LA), Scott Clemmensen (FLA), Chris Mason (WIN) and Anders Lindback (NASH). Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been trying to add a center and could be interested in Oilers Sam Gagner. The Flyers are getting closer to moving defenseman Matt Carle, with the Flyers willing to take a draft pick in return. The Oilers and Ducks could use some help on the blueline. Nothing new on Kyle Turris. A league executive believes he’ll sign a deal with the Coyotes by Dec. 1st, and then get dealt.
- Dave Hilson of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will be out 8 weeks with a broken arm. His arm requires surgery.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: The Panthers recalled Jacob Markstrom yesterday as backup goalie Scott Clemmensen was too sore to go after coming off his shutout on Tuesday. Rumors of the Maple Leafs looking for a goalie are still out there.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers will be without Corey Potter for a month and Andy Sutton for 7 to 10 days.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and winger Michael Frolik both skated yesterday and are expected back in the lineup in the next game or two.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen will resume skating today. He’s missed their last 4 games. Cam Ward will start in net for the Hurricanes today against the Maple Leafs.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks today.
- Sportsnet Sources Say:
Carter and Howson meet … Leafs injuries keep coming … Nabokov out 3-4 weeks … Gaglardi buys Stars … Omark breaks ankle … Realignment talk
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson met with forward Jeff Carter this morning to discuss the RDS report that he requested a trade. Howson wouldn’t give details, but they are on the same page and there was no trade request.
- Scott MacArthur via twitter: Ron Wilson said that Mike Komisarek and Matthew Lombardi will each be out a minimum of 3 weeks. Clarke MacArthur will be out their 2 weekend games. Mike Brown had an undisclosed issue before last night’s game but may go tomorrow. James Mirtle via twitter: Wilson added that they will likely be calling someone up tomorrow. David Alter via twitter: James Reimer is a minimum 7 to 10 days from returning. Darren Dreger via twitter: If Komisarek’s injury is as bad as some think, the Leafs could call up Aulie or Holzer. Joe Colborne is healthy and ready to go.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov could be out 3 to 4 weeks with a groin injury.
- John Shannon via twitter: Tom Gaglardi has bought the Dallas Stars out of bankruptcy.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Andrei Markov won’t be in the Canadiens lineup before their California road trip at the end of this month.
- Eric Rodgers via twitter: Linus Omark will be out 6 weeks with a broken ankle.
- Lou Korac via twitter: Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo is walking around with crutches.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: The Avs put Peter Mueller on the IR.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Lines at Oilers practice: Smyth-RNH-Eberle, Hall-Horcoff-Jones, Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky, Hordichuk-Belanger-Petrell. Lander and Eager subbing in and out. Gagner back after missing 2 days with a sore back.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook won’t be in the lineup. Corey Crawford is expected to be in net.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: JS Giguere will make his 2nd consecutive start for the Avalanche.
- LeBrun and Burnside talk Realignment:
Nash not getting traded … Carter didn’t ask for a trade … Canes shopping Kaberle … Omark and Gagner Leafs rumors … Jagr, Lombardi and Nabokov injured
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson has never brought up Rick Nash’s name in trade talks. Other teams have obviously asked about Nash, but were quickly turned down.
“Rick has never asked for a trade, contrary to what has been reported,” his agent Joe Resnick told ESPN.com on Thursday. “Rick is focused on trying to turn things around in Columbus and help the team get some wins.”
Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke has admitted he’s looking for a goalie:
“We’re seeing what’s available and seeing what the price tag is,” GM Brian Burke told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon. “Obviously nothing has tickled our fancy yet.”
James Reimer has been listed as day-to-day for weeks and still hasn’t started skating. Burke added: “so at some point we have to get a goaltender in here to bridge the gap until he’s healthy.”
Ryan Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, on contract talks with the Predators: “It’s ongoing; there won’t be a deal while I’m here in town.” “We’re continuing to talk, and that’s about all I can say at this point.”
- RDS through google translate: RDS reported that Blue Jackets forward Jeff Carter has already asked for a trade. Carter has missed time with a foot injury and has only played in 7 games. Renaud Lavoie of RDSthrough google translate: Teams looking to improve will likely have asked about Carter. The Blue Jackets don’t want to get rid of him. Lavoie contacted Carter’s agent, Rick Curran, who said that Carter didn’t ask for a trade despite the rumors.
- Darren Dreger of TSN: This weekend could determine the fate of Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice. Sources are saying that GM Jim Rutherford is looking to trade for a forward and is dangling defenseman Tomas Kaberle and Bryan Allen, even though Joni Pitkanen is out with an injury.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers center Sam Gagner keeps being mentioned in trade rumors, one involving Maple Leafs defenseman Cody Franson or possibly landing with the Blackhawks, reuniting him with his London Knights linemate, Patrick Kane.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Matheson doesn’t think the Oilers need to trade for a defenseman even with Cam Barker being out till March and with Ryan Whitney having injury issues the last year. Whitney is expected to be back in the lineup next week. When Whitney returns they’ll have 7 defenseman, so they may not have a need for a Cody Franson. The Leafs are hurting for a forward due to recent injuries. Linus Omark is trade chip for Oilers GM Steve Tambellini. Matheson wonders if Omark and a 2nd round pick could get Franson? Burke may rather have Gagner than Omark, but he’s had ankle and back issues so far this season. Other defenseman that aren’t playing much that the Oilers could look at are: Jim Vandermeer (SJ), Matt Walker (PHI), Shaone Morrisson (BUF), Jason Strudwick or their prospect Colten Teubert.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill was admitted to a hospital in Montreal yesterday with an undisclosed virus.
- Frank Servalli via twitter: Flyers winger Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Jonas Seigel via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Matthew Lombardi was injured in last night’s game and left the arena with his arm in a sling.
- Katie Strang via twitter: Islanders goalie Nabokov suffered a groin injury in last night’s game and will be re-evaluated today.
- Adam Jahns via twitter: Brent Seabrook is out tonight and probably won’t play until they head to California. Michael Frolik is questionable against Calgary.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Ryan Kesler has a stiff shoulder. Keith Ballard has back spasms. Mason Raymond has been cleared for contact.