- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Brett MacLean
A list of 2012-13 NHL restricted free agents who have yet to re-sign with their 2011-12 team.
|Player||Team||Pos||Age||Cap Hit||Contract Notes|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Florida Panthers||D||22||$1,325,000|
|Nick Petrecki||San Jose Sharks||D||23||$1,125,000|
|Michael Del Zotto||New York Rangers||D||22||$1,087,500|
|Ryan O’Reilly||Colorado Avalanche||C||21||$900,000|
|P.K. Subban||Montreal Canadiens||D||23||$875,000|
|Jamie Benn||Dallas Stars||C||23||$821,667|
|Nick Palmieri||Minnesota Wild||RW||23||$801,667|
|Cody Franson||Toronto Maple Leafs||D||25||$800,000|
|Brett MacLean||Phoenix Coyotes||LW||23||$735,000|
|James Sheppard||San Jose Sharks||C||24||$725,000|
MacLean gives up hockey career … European signings … Cole, Hall and Edler injury notes … Scouting the WHL
- Sportsnet: Coyotes Brett MacLean (23 years old) will have to give up his hockey career after he went into sudden cardiac arrest during a summer pickup hockey game.
“We still held out some hope that he could help us down the road,” said Coyotes GM Don Maloney. “Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen. But the good thing is he’s healthy and he can get on with his life.”
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Viktor Stalberg signed with Frolunda until December 1st.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Milan Jurcina signed with HC Chomutov of the Czech League.
- Jon Keen via twitter: Dale Weise signed with Tilburg of the Dutch Pro League.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Patrick Kane said that Sweden, Switzerland and Russia are possibilities.
- Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune: Lightning’s Adam Hall signed with Ravensburg of the German 2nd division. Anders Lindback is in Sweden, but hasn’t signed with a team.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Canadiens Erik Cole is still recoving from a lower-body injury and hopes to be locked out this week.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Taylor Hall will meet with a surgeon this week, and once he gets clearance he could be 10-14 days away from joining the Oilers AHL team.
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: Alex Edler won’t say anything regarding his injury that Kevin Bieksa broke earlier.
- Cody Nickolet via twitter: Scouts at the WHL’s Portland-Saskatoon game last night: Oilers, Wild, Devils, Rangers, Canucks, Blackhawks, Capitals and Jets.
Parise and Suter decision “likely” today and they could be a package deal … Flyers offer $102 mill for Suter … MacLean in stable condition
Update: Paul Ostby of @SheehyHockey: Client Ryan Suter plans on making a decision today.
- John Shannon via twitter: A Ryan Suter announcement is “likely” today. Agent Wade Arnott says that Parise is also “likely” today. Andy Strickland via twitter: Confirms that Parise will sign this afternoon, continuing to iron out contract details. Darren Dreger via twitter: Dreger expects the Parise-Suter saga to conclude today.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Word as of late last night, Suter was leaning towards signing with the Wild over the Red Wings. As of late last night, the Penguins haven’t been informed that they are out on Parise, but some feeling it’s down to Wild or the Devils.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: After his interview last night with Parise, Rimer strongly believes that Parise and Suter are a package deal. Has a strong feeling they will both be signing with the Wild.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: As of last night, Cooper doesn’t believe the Predators were told they were out of it.
- Dustin Leed via twitter: The Flyers reportedly have offered Suter $102 million. Just imagine what they would/will throw at Shea Weber.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Coyotes Brett MacLean is in stable condition and needs further testing. Early indications are that he didn’t suffer a major heart attach as it was suggested by some.
When looking at the Coyotes at the start of the season, I and probably most of you think the same thing. Which players are going to be in there fire sale at the deadline? To the surprise of many they Dave Tippets team stays competitive and makes the playoffs as they’ve done the past 2 seasons and are on pace to again this season. Although they have no owner, GM Don Maloney have put a competitive team on the ice with a budget payroll.
With 73 points on top of the pacific division they will be looking to add but on a budget. They have already acquired Antoine Vermette from the Columbus Blue Jackets. One big area of concern is they’re last ranked power play. Radim Vrbata has had a tremendous season already reaching the 30 goal plateau. All star Keith Yandle has also had a very impressive season, so has coyotes points leader Ray Whitney and captain Shane Doan. I also look at how goalie Mike Smith is performing and who needs Bryzgolov (enjoy Philly only 8 years left). If not for Panthers coach Kevin Dineen and Blues coach Ken Hitchcock, Dave Tippet would be favored for the Jack Adams award.
Nugent-Hopkins stays with Oilers … Gaborik-Richards broken up … Reimer ready for Sunday … Markov not skating … Starting goalies
- Mark Spector via twitter: Octagon agency announces that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will remain with the Oilers.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards were broken up at practice. Wolski-Christensen-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan.
- Terry Koshan via twitter: Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson expects James Reimer to be ready on Sunday. Phil Kessel is expected to play tomorrow night. David Alter via twitter: Wilson said that Kessel is a little banged up from last night.
- Brian Wilde via twitter: Jacques Martin said that defenseman Andrei Markov hasn’t skated in 3 weeks. Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Markov will skate for a few days before joining teammates.
- James Murphy via twitter: If the Bruins are looking for a forward, Murphy says to keep an eye on Johnny Boychuk as the odd man out.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Avalanche put Cedrick Desjardins on waivers. The Jets put Brett MacLean on waivers. Jets Aaron Gagnon clears waivers.
- Jesse Spector via twitter: The Ducks have sent Patrick Maroon and J.F. Jacques back to Syracuse of the AHL.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Corey Crawford will be in net for the Blackhawks. Ray Emery could get the start on Saturday against the Blue Jackets.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Devan Dubnyk will start in net for the Oilers against the Avalanche.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Brian Elliott will make his 4th straight start for the Blues tonight.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Semyon Varlamov will start in net for the Avalanche tonight.
- Kent Youngblood via twitter: Josh Harding will start in net for the Wild on Saturday. Zanon and Stoner are out.
- Pierre LeBrun and Scott Burnside debate the Kyle Turris – Phoenix Coyotes issue
- Damien Cox via twitter: Persistant chatter that the Maple Leafs are interested in Sam Gagner of the Oilers. A defenseman would head to Edmonton.
- Luke DeCock via twitter: DeCock wonders that if Gagner his available, would he fit in Carolina, and what would it cost them?
- James Mirtle via twitter: Tim Connolly said his injury shouldn’t turn out to be anything long term. He’ll probably be ready for Game 3. Jonas Siegel via twitter: Connolly is out tonight but there’s a chance he goes Saturday.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: If Connolly comes off the IR on Saturday, the Leafs will need to clear a roster spot. Matt Frattin and Jake Gardiner don’t need to clear waivers. Dupuis needs to clear waivers. Waivers or a trade coming for the Leafs?
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Sabres have named Jason Pominville team captain.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Jets have claimed Brett MacLean off waivers. The Rangers have claimed Jeff Woywitka.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Wild have put Eric Nystrom on waivers.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Kings forward Dustin Penner is likely out for tomorrow’s game. Shawn Roarke via twitter: Jonathan Quick will start in net for the Kings on Friday. Saturday’s starter is still undecided.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Answering my question on whether Jonathan Bernier will start somewhere this year, he gave a multiple choice answer: 1) next season 2) traded at deadline 3) Quick has unforeseen slump. He sees Quick starting 56 games and Bernier 36 games.
- George Richards via twitter: The Panthers will start Jose Theodore against the Islanders on Saturday.