- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Chad Johnson
Lines and Starting goalies: Capitals, Maple Leafs, Stars, Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Avalanche and Bruins
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Beagle-Crabb, Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Chimera-Ribeiro-Ward, Hendricks-Perreault/Johansson-Fehr.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, McClement-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Kadri-Komarov, Brown-Steckel-Orr. MacArthur missing. Defensive pairings: Phaneuf-Kostka; Gunnarsson Komisarek; Liles-Franson; Gardiner-Fraser.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines this morning: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy, out with a groin injury, is not on the trip. Rich Evans via twitter: Jamie Benn’s visa was settled, he’ll be playing tonight.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tonight against the Blue Jackets. Columbus Dispatch: Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net for the Blue Jackets tonight.
- Dave Vest via twitter: Chad Johnson will start in net for the Coyotes tonight against the Predators.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals tomorrow. His fourth straight start.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Semyon Varlamov will start in net for the Avalanche tonight against the Oilers.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Anton Khudobin will start in net for the Bruins against the Hurricanes.
Injury update: Downie done for year, Hartnell out indefinitely, Lupul breaks arm, Smith leaves early, Burns to IR
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche forward Steve Downie will have season ending knee surgery to repair a torn ACL. Downie suffered the injury on Tuesday night. The Avs recalled Brad Malone.
- Philadelphia Flyers: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Scott Hartnell: ”Scott will be out indefinitely with a left foot injury. We will know more on this within a day or two as we await results of tests.”
- James Mirtle via twitter: Maple Leafs Joffrey Lupul has a broken forearm. Was hit by a shot from the point.
- NHL.com: Coyotes goalie Mike Smith left midway through the first period last night with a lower body injury. He is listed as day-to-day and will travel with the team to San Jose. They will call up Chad Johnson from the AHL as an emergency call-up.
“Lower body. Day-to-day. Not sure where he’ll be tomorrow, so we’ll have a call-up,” coach Dave Tippett said. “The trainers came to me after warmup and said Smitty is a little tight, you might want to keep an eye on him. And ‘a little tight’ turned into ‘can’t play.’”
Martin Hanzal and Rostislav Klesla missed the game with lower body injuries.
- Kevin Kurz via twitter: The Sharks have put Brent Burns on the IR to make from for Scott Gomez on the roster. He seemed to be walking around the room fine. Burns hasn’t skated since the the days leading up to the start of training camp.
“From what I’m told, he’s improving every day. Obviously when you go on IR you’re not playing tomorrow, or we would have never done that. After that, it’s a day-by-day thing,” McLellan said.
Defenseman Jason Demers is still recovering from a fractured wrist and can’t take a full slap shot yet. He’s out through at least the weekend.
van Riemsdyk out 4-6 weeks … Ellis could be done for year … Ference day-to-day … Lines and starting goalies
- Philadelphia Flyers via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on James van Riemsdyk: “James will have surgery on Mar. 6 to repair a broken bone in his left foot. He will be out 4-6 weeks.”
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks goalie Dan Ellis (torn groin) could be done for the season. Coach Bruce Boudreau suggested it could be another 4-6 weeks.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said that Chad LaRose might return tomorrow.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Bruins Andrew Ference (lower body) is day-to-day and didn’t skate today. Zdeno Chara had a maintenance day.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder. Ott-Benn-Burish. Nystrom-Fiddler-Dvorak. Garbutt-Wandell-Vincour.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Ducks lines: Ryan Getzlaf Perry-Hagman Koivu Selanne-Blake Bonino Cogliano-Belesky Pelley Smith-Pelly
- David Alter via twitter: Leafs lines: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Lombardi-Connolly-Frattin, Brown-Steckel-Crabb-Armstrong.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for Capitals.
- Edmonton Oilers via twitter: Nikolai Khabibulin will start in net for the Oilers tonight against the Stars.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net for the Maple Leafs tomorrow.
- Tim Sassone of the Daily Herald: With the signings of Toews, Kane, and Keith being announced today, their cap number for next season sits approximately at $60.5 million for 15 players. There were rumors yesterday that the ‘Hawks will either waive or trade Brent Sopel. More than just getting rid of Sopel’s salary will need to happen, as they need to shed about $3.7 million worth of salary. Cam Barker could also be on the move, though they would like to keep him.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Brian Rafalski left yesterday’s practice with tightness in his back. The Red Wings have called up 2005 1st round pick Jakub Kindl in case Rafalski can’t go.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: The Blues have been unsure what to do with Alex Pietrangelo, he’s been a healthy scratch for most of the season, and is close to having a year of his contract burned, but now they have found their solution, The World Juniors.
- Steve Zipay of Newsday: The New York Rangers claimed Erik Christensen off waivers, sent backup goalie Steve Valiquette to the minors, and recalled goalie Chad Johnson.
- Curtis Zupke of the OC Register: The Anaheim Ducks traded for former Montreal Canadiens 1st round pick, Kyle Chipchura for a 4th round pick in 2011. Ducks GM Bob Murray says no other deals are imminent.