- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Christian Ehrhoff
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff will return to the lineup tonight. Missed one game.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Sounding like Rangers Brian Boyle is out, Ryan Callahan is back in, Dan Girardi is out, Steve Eminger is in.
- Anthony SanFilippo via twitter: Wayne Simmonds is doubtful for the Flyers tonight.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Casey Cizikas is a healthy scratch.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Wild forward Mikael Granlund will be scratched tonight.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers will make Alex Kovalev a healthy scratch tonight.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Penguins defenseman Kris Letang will be a game time decision tonight.
Here is a list of players that have signed contracts to play overseas during the NHL lockout.
We will continue to update as long as players keep signing.
|Player||2012-13 NHL Team||Lockout Team||League|
|Artem Anisimov||Columbus||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Nik Antropov||Winnipeg||HC Barys||KHL|
|Anton Babcuk||Calgary||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Nicklas Backstrom||Washington||HC Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Niklas Backstrom||Minnesota||Dynamo Minsk||KHL|
|Matt Beleskey||Anaheim||Coventry||EIHL (UK)|
|Jamie Benn||Dallas||Hamburg Freezers||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Sean Bergenheim||Florida||HIFK Helsinki||SM-liiga|
|Patrice Bergeron||Boston||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Patrik Berglund||St. Louis||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jonathan Bernier||Los Angeles||Heilbronner Falken||ESBG (Ger)|
|Sergei Bobrovsky||Columbus||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Damien Brunner||Detroit||EV Zug||KHL|
|Ilya Bryzgalov||Philadelphia||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Roman Cervenka||Calgary||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Zdeno Chara||Boston||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|David Clarkson||New Jersey||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Erik Condra||Ottawa||EV Fussen||Oberliga (Ger)|
|Logan Couture||San Jose||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Matt D’Agostini||St. Louis||SC Ressersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Pavel Datsyuk||Detroit||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Kaspars Daugavins||Ottawa||Dynamo Riga||KHL|
|Michael Del Zotto||NY Rangers||Rappersil-Jona Lakers||Swiss National A League|
|Jason Demers||San Jose||Oulu||SM-liiga|
|Raphael Diaz||Montreal||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Rick DiPietro||NY Islanders||SC Riessersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Matt Duchene||Colorado||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Christian Ehrhoff||Buffalo||Krefeld||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Lars Eller||Montreal||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alexei Emelin||Montreal||Ak Bars||KHL|
|Cory Emmerton||Detroit||SalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Deryk Engelland||Pittsburgh||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Tyler Ennis||Buffalo||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Jhonas Enroth||Buffalo||Huddinge IK||Sweden Division 1|
|Tobias Enstrom||Winnipeg||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Jonathan Ericsson||Detroit||Sodertalje EK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Viktor Fasth||Anaheim||Tingsryd||Swedish League (T2)|
|Ruslan Fedotenko||Philadelphia||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Eric Fehr||Winnipeg||HPK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Andrew Ference||Boston||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Valtteri Filppula||Detroit||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Kurtis Foster||Minnesota||Tappara||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Cody Franson||Toronto||Brynas||Swedish Elite League|
|Michael Frolik||Chicago||HC Chomutov||Czech Extraliga|
|Sam Gagner||Edmonton||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Sergei Gonchar||Ottawa||Metallurg||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Mikhail Grabovski||Toronto||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Colin Greening||Ottawa||Aalborg Pirates||AL-Bank Ligaen|
|Carl Hagelin||NY Rangers||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Martin Hanzal||Phoenix||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Victor Hedman||Tampa Bay||HC Barys||KHL|
|Ales Hemsky||Edmonton||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Patric Hornqvist||Nashville||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jiri Hudler||Calgary||Lev Praha||KHL|
|Jaromir Jagr||Dallas||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Jesse Joensuu||NY Islanders||Assat||Finnish League|
|Marcus Johansson||Washington||BIK Karlskoga||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jussi Jokinen||Carolina||Oulu||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Roman Josi||Nashville||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Tomas Kaberle||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Evander Kane||Winnipeg||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Patrick Kane||Chicago||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Erik Karlsson||Ottawa||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anton Khudobin||Boston||HC Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL|
|Jakub Kindl||Detroit||CSOB Pojistovna Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Rostislav Klesla||Phoenix||Trinec||Czech Extraliga|
|Tomas Kopecky||Florida||HK Dukla Trencin||Slovak Extraliga|
|Mikko Koivu||Minnesota||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anze Kopitar||Los Angeles||Mora||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Lauri Korpikoski||Phoenix||TPS||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Sergei Kostitsyn||Nashville||Avangard Omsk||KHL|
|Ilya Kovalchuk||New Jersey||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|David Krejci||Boston||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Pavel Kubina||Philadelphia||HC Vitkovice Steel||Czech Extraliga|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Florida||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Gabriel Landeskog||Colorado||Djargarden||Swedish Elite League|
|Brooks Laich||Washington||Kloten Flyers||Swiss National A League|
|Philip Larsen||Dallas||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anders Lindback||Tampa Bay||Ilves||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Clarke MacArthur||Toronto||ETC Crimmitschau||ESBG (Ger)|
|Andrew MacDonald||NY Islanders||HC Karlovy Vary||Czech Extraliga|
|Andrei Markov||Montreal||HC Vityaz||KHL|
|Radek Martinek||Columbus||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Ryan McDonagh||NY Rangers||HC Barys||KHL|
|Milan Michalek||Ottawa||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Brendan Mikkelson||Tampa Bay||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Drew Miller||Detroit||Braehead Clan||EIHL (UK)|
|Douglas Murray||San Jose||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Tyler Myers||Buffalo||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Rick Nash||NY Rangers||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Michal Neuvirth||Washington||Sparta Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Frans Nielsen||NY Islanders||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Nikita Nikitin||Columbus||Avangard Omsk Oblast||KHL|
|Andreas Nodl||Carolina||HC TWK Innsbruck||EBEL (Austria)|
|Patrick O’Sullivan||Phoenix||HIFK Helsinki||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alex Ovechkin||Washington||Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Max Pacioretty||Montreal||Ambri Piotta||Swiss National A League|
|Ondrej Pavelec||Winnipeg||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Lennart Petrell||Edmonton||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Rich Peverley||Boston||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Tomas Plekanec||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Roman Polak||St. Louis||HC Vitkovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Alexei Ponikarovsky||Winnipeg||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Corey Potter||Edmonton||Vienna Capitals||EBEL (Austria)|
|Vinny Prospal||Columbus||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Tuukka Rask||Boston||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Matt Read||Philadelphia||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Peter Regin||Ottawa||Langenthal||Swiss National B League|
|Pekka Rinne||Nashville||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Stephane Robidas||Dallas||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Michal Roszival||Chicago||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Kris Russell||St. Louis||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Mike Santorelli||Florida||Tingsryds AIF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Luca Sbisa||Anaheim||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Tom Sestito||Philadelphia||Sheffield Steelers||EIHL (UK)|
|Tyler Seguin||Boston||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Dennis Seidenberg||Boston||Adler Mannheim||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Andrej Sekera||Buffalo||HC Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Alexander Semin||Carolina||Sokol Krasnoyarsk||VHL (Russia)|
|Wayne Simmonds||Philadelphia||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Jack Skille||Florida||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Ladislav Smid||Edmonton||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Craig Smith||Nashville||KalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Vladimir Sobotka||St. Louis||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Jason Spezza||Ottawa||Rapperswil-Jona||Swiss National A League|
|Jared Spurgeon||Minnesota||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Viktor Stalberg||Chicago||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Alexander Steen||St. Louis||Modo||Swedish Elite League|
|Chris Stewart||St. Louis||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Mark Streit||NY Islanders||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Vladimir Tarasenko||St. Louis||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Tomas Tatar||Detroit||SHK 37 Piestany||Slovak Extraliga|
|John Tavares||NY Islanders||SC Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Joe Thornton||San Jose||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Jiri Tlusty||Carolina||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Thomas Vanek||Buffalo||Graz 99ers||EBEL (Austria)|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Lubomir Visnovsky||NY Islanders||Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Jakub Voracek||Philadelphia||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|Tom Wandell||Dallas||Severstal Cherepovets||KHL|
|Yannick Weber||Montreal||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Blake Wheeler||Winnipeg||EHC Munchen||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Tommy Wingels||San Jose||Kookoo||Mestis (Div II)|
|Marek Zidlicky||New Jersey||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Henrik Zetterberg||Detroit||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Sources: TSN, The Fourth Period and others.|
* Updated: Oct 12th
* Niklas Backstrom had signed with Dynamo Minsk, but he got injured and they went with Pekka Rinne instead.
Price has headaches, concussion? Hall to have surgery today … Myers out … Wisniewski to return … Quincey suspendion video
- Mike Boone of Hockey Inside/Out: Radio-Canada is reporting that Canadiens goalie Carey Price has a concussion, but as of last night the Canadiens were disputing that. The Canadiens say that he is having headaches, but hasn’t been diagnosed with a concussion just yet. He’ll go through some tests this week to see what is causing the headaches. Price collided with a teammate Thursday morning and hasn’t felt the same since. It is possible that his season could be over. A Radi0-Canada reporter apparently overhead the Canadiens doctor on his cell phone talking to their head athletic therapist.
- Taylor Hall via twitter: Oilers forward Taylor Hall arrived in Cleveland yesterday and will have surgery today.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers is out tonight, but hasn’t been rule out for Thursday or Saturday. Christian Ehrhoff is out this week.
- LA Kings via twitter: Kings forward Jeff Carter had an MRI yesterday which revealed a deep bone bruise and no structural damage. He’ll be out day-to-day.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski is set to return to the lineup tonight.
- Dallas Morning News via twitter: Stars forward Eric Nystrom could return to the lineup tonight.
- Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets center Kyle Wellwood is out with a broken ankle. Wellwood was hit in the foot by a Grant Clitsome’s shot. Wellwood set a career high with 47 points this season.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Canucks Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks tonight.
- Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey was suspended for elbowing.
Flyers lose Grossman and Briere … Ehrhoff could be back … Grabovski out, Colborne called up … Hedberg to start … Stars and Leafs lines
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Flyers defenseman Nicklas Grossman will be out 7-10 days with a lower-body injury. Danny Briere is out indefinitely with an upper-back contusion.
- Mike Harrington via twitter: If the Sabres can get into the playoffs, defenseman Christian Ehrhoff would probably be available.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Devils forward David Clarkson is “sore” and didn’t practice today but is expected to play tomorrow. Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils. Adam Larsson will likely be scratched again.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars lines: Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder; Ott-Benn-Burish; Garbutt-Fiddler-Vincour; Morrow-Dowell-Petersen: Smith-Wandell-Nystrom.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs call up Joe Colborne from the Marlies. Lance Hornby via twitter: Mikhail Grabovski is day-to-day with a cut to his leg. James Mirtle via twitter: Grabovski and David Steckel are likely back in the lineup by the end of the week. James Reimer is likely done for the year. Paul Hendrick via twitter: Leafs goalie Ben Scrivens is a RFA at the end of the year and said he wants to stay in Toronto. He added he’s focused on hockey now and not the business side.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: Frattin-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Colborne-Crabb, Lombardi-Connolly-Brown, Rosehill-Ashton-Armstrong.
Ehrhoff day-to-day … Vinny returns … Price for Nash for Leafs would be steep …Isles sign Grahame … Howard out Friday
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff was re-evaluated yesterday.
“He’ll miss some time,” said Ruff, who declined to elaborate whether it was day-to-day or week-to-week. “It’ll be a period of time.”
- Vincent Lecavalier via twitter: Vinny tweets he’s happy to get back in the lineup.
- Howard Berger via twitter: Given what the Blue Jackets wanted for Rick Nash at the trade deadline, it would cost the Leafs Jake Gardiner, Nazem Kadri and their 1st round pick in June.
- Steve Conroy of hte Boston Herald: Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask is progressing well from his March 3rd, groin/abdomen strain.
“I’m doing exercising, biking, all kinds of stuff. It’s looking really good. I’m just trying to get the strength back and be ready to go,” Rask said yesterday. “I think we’re shooting for (a return for the playoffs) and it’s looking good now.”
“If everything goes well, I’ll go out there and maybe get some shots, not do much but just go by the feel,” Rask said. “You can’t rush these kind of injuries.”
- Islanders Point Blank: The Islanders have signed John Grahame for the rest of the year to back up Al Montoya. Arthur Staple of Newsday: Evgeni Nabokov left Tuesday’s game and is listed day-to-day with a lower-body injury, it looks like he may not play another game this season.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings Jimmy Howard won’t be in the lineup on Friday. Howard missed his 4th straight game on Wednesday with a groin issue.
“It’s Babs’ call and he’s the coach, he makes the decisions,” Howard said. “That (playing Friday) was the plan all along, but Coach has decided to go in a different direction, and as a player I have to respect that.
“I hope he changes his mind, but I don’t think it’ll happen.”
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Ben Scrivens was recalled yesterday on a temporary basis and will be returned today. Jussi Rynnas will likely take his place. The Maple Leafs may have given Scrivens a day of NHL pay. He’s a big part of the Marlies AHL playoff run and they don’t want to disrupt that.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: The Lightning have signed college free agent J.T. Brown from Minnesota-Duluth.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Jose Theodore will start in net for the Panthers tonight against the Wild.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov has a small chip fracture in his right foot. An MRI showed the fracture after 2 x-rays revealed nothing. He won’t require surgery and could be back playing by the weekend.
“We don’t think this is a serious injury,” Holmgren said. “It’s a chip off a weight-bearing bone, and the doctor has said it’ll be absorbed back into his system, and there’s no real risk here at all [to play]. It’s just he’s in a little bit of pain right now.”
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom passed his baseline test “with flying colors.” Backstrom has been out since Jan. 3rd, and has skated 14 of the past 15 days.
“We’ll see where it goes from here,” McPhee said. “We’re making sure he’s in good shape and he’s comfortable. It’s going to be his decision.”
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff left last night’s game in the 1st period with a knee injury.
“We’ll have our doctors evaluate him but it looks like he’s going to miss a little bit of time,” said coach Lindy Ruff. “It’s something we’ll get evaluated [today] and get a better idea.”
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timomen is listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Iain MacIntyre via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net tonight against the Avalanche.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Devan Dubnyk will start in net for the for the Oilers tonight against the Stars.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net on Thursday for the Blues.
Written by Domenic Caruso and can be found on twitter at @D_Caruso
On February 23, 2011 the Buffalo Sabres were purchased by local owner Terry Pegula. He promised a change in Buffalo and claimed the days of not spending money were over. The change in ownership brought extreme optimism and hope for the future. Finding themselves out of a playoff spot, the Sabres stormed back with a 16-4-4 record and qualified as the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference. In the playoffs they were 1 goal away from eliminating the 2nd seated Philadelphia Flyers in game 6; only to have future Sabre Ville Leino score the overtime winner.
That summer the Buffalo Sabres lead by GM Darcy Regier made a huge splash in free agency by signing Ville Leino (6yrs/$27 million) and Christian Ehrhoff (10yrs/$40 million). They then traded for Robyn Regehr and re-signed two young core players in Tyler Myers (7yrs/$38.5 million) and Drew Stafford (4yrs/$16 million). They entered the 2011/2012 NHL season having the 2nd highest payroll among all teams
Fast forward to Feb 23rd 2012; with 22 games left in the regular season, the Buffalo Sabres find themselves 12th in the Eastern Conference, 6 points out of a playoff spot and their next two games are against eastern conference leaders the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers; not exactly where they envisioned themselves when they spent over $120 million dollars in a summer filled with promise and hope.
Ehrhoff out weeks … Bozak could be out … Blake could return next week … Duchene out a month … Reimer to start
- ESPN: Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff was injured in a fight last night in the first period. He didn’t return, and according to coach Lindy Ruff, Ehrhoff will “miss some time … probably weeks.”
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs center Tyler Bozak crashed into the boards during practice yesterday and was not able to finish. His status for tonight won’t be known until today. Matthew Lombardi is close, and could possible take Bozak’s spot.
“We have to figure that out. We don’t have room right now unless we find out (Bozak) is hurt bad enough that he could go on IR, which is seven days,” Wilson said. “But if he is only to possibly miss one game if at all, I don’t know what we would do in that situation.”
- Brian McNally via twitter: The Capitals have put Mike Green on the IR retroactive to Nov. 11. The Caps are now able to add Cody Eakin. Green be able to come off the IR at any time.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks winger Jason Blake is ahead of schedule on his recovery from a torn tendon in his wrist. He was scheduled for a mid-to-late January return, but he could be in the lineup next Wednesday or Friday.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche forward Matt Duchene will be out at least 4 weeks with a knee injury.
- Jack Anderson via twitter: Capitals GM Goerge McPhee on Evgeni Kuznetsov: “He should be here next year. He’s ready to play up here and he needs to play in a better league.”
- Adrian Dater via twitter: JS Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche today against the Ducks.
- David Alter via twitter: James Reimer said he will start in net for Maple Leafs tonight.
The Buffalo Sabres have signed Christian Ehrhoff to a 10 year contract worth $40 million.
The salary breakdown (from Bob McKenzie) is as follows: Modified NTC.
Year 1: $8M signing bonus, $2M salary;
Year 2: $5M SB, $3M sal. That’s $18M in 1st 2 yrs, or $15M before puck drops on 12-13 season.
Year 3: $4M;
Year 4: $4M,
Year 5: $4M;
Year 6: $4M;
Year 7: $3M;
Year 8; $1M;
Year 9: $1M,
Year 10: $1M.
Afternoon rumors involving Stamkos, Flyers, Ehrhoff, O’Bryne, Fleischmann, Montador, Purcell, and the Predators
- Gary Lawless via twitter: “NHL GMs getting nasty with one another – Flyers execs told to stay away from Stamkos or receive similar treatment when Giroux and JVR are up.” Tim Panaccio via twitter: The Flyers will not submit an offer sheet to Steven Stamkos.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Sounds like Christian Ehrhoff and the Buffalo Sabres could be close to a deal.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Ryan O’Byrne signs a 2 year, $3.6 million deal with the Avalanche.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Tomas Fleischmann has had a blood clot issue twice, but has been given a clean bill of health according to medical reports.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Erlendsson responds to a question that there is a chance, but not an easy task for the Lightning to sign both Stamkos and Richards.
- Tim Sassone via twitter: The Blackhawks reportedly sign Steve Montador to a 4 year, $12 million deal.
- Damian Cristerdo via twitter: Lightning winger Teddy Purcell is ready to file for arbitration.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Predators GM Poile said he talked to the Flyers about Carter or Richards, wouldn’t say which one.
Jokinen re-signs … Wisniewski talks to continue … Oilers sent damaged goods to Kings … Rumors and Notes: Blackhawks, Vokoun, Arnott, Leafs, Souray, Barker
- Terrell Williams of NHL.com: The Hurricanes have re-signed Jussi Jokinen to a 3 year contract worth $9 million.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: James Wisniewski and his agent have left Columbus, more talks to come. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson: “We had a good meeting and we’ll continue to talk. We’re hopeful (of getting a deal done).”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: The Kings are angry that Colin Fraser (the player they got in the Ryan Smyth trade) has a unhealed fracture/cyst will require surgery and could be out 4 months. The Kings were going to have Fraser compete for a job and not buy him out, but now neither can happen. The trade won’t be voided, they will try to work something out. The Oilers medical reports said that Fraser’s injury was healed, Kings reports said differently.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets and Jan Hejda’s agents don’t have any plans to talk today, though it could change.
- Tim Sassone of the Daily Herald: Forwards that the Blackhawks might be interested in are: Joel Ward, Erik Cole, Mike Rupp, Max Talbot, Matt Bradley, Cody McCormick, Sean Bergenheim, and John Madden. They have shown some interest in Jan Hejda and he may be an option if Montador doesn’t sign.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Panthers GM Dale Tallon on Tomas Vokoun, “We’re in negotiations with him as we speak and are very hopeful.” Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos,
“He’s made $30 million the last five years,” Santos said. “Does he really need to go out and get an extra $500,000?
“For Vokoun, I don’t think there’s ever been a better time in this organization that looks like we have a chance to win than in the next few years.”
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater would bet that Tomas Vokoun will sign with the Avalanche.
- Chris Botta via twitter: Christian Ehrhoff’s agent said he wants to go to a team where he can win.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Jason Arnott will be hitting the open market tomorrow. Arnott’s agent/brother said in an email, “although we maintain an open line of communication with the Caps, Jason will test free agency at this point.”
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues are willing to commit long-term to TJ Oshie, but they/he needs to figure out his role, a top 6? Energy guy? 15 or 25 goal score?
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Brian Burke will be with Canadian troops in Afghanistan for the start for free agency.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Sheldon Souray, Cam Barker and Mike Commodore were put on unconditional waivers for the purpose of being bought out.
- Jim Diamond via twitter: The Predators will be buying out JP Dumont.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: The Capitals have bought out Tyler Sloan.
Morning news and rumors involving Ehrhoff, Montador, Oshie, Maple Leafs, Wisniewski, Penguins, Canadiens, Jets and Sens
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: After the Sabres acquired the rights to Christian Ehrhoff, they sent the rights to Steve Montador to the Blackhawks for a conditional 2012 or 2013 7th round draft pick.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: The Islanders reportedly offered Christian Ehrhoff a 6 year deal worth close to $33 million before his rights were moved on.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: An official announce should come later this morning, but the Blues and TJ Oshie have reached an agreement on a deal, possibly for 1 year.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs have shown interest in UFAs, Brad Richards, Christian Ehrhoff, Scottie Upshall, and Max Talbot.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: On James Wisniewski’s rights being sent to Columbus.
“I called James and his response was ‘Let’s go. We’re going,’” Zito said. “His level of enthusiasm for (Columbus) was pretty high.
“I grabbed a shirt and shoes and flew to Detroit (from Chicago) to meet him last night. Then we flew together to Columbus and got here around midnight. So here we are. I look forward to meeting with the guys and seeing what they’re thinking.”
Both sides are expected to meet around 8:30 this morning. Zito wouldn’t say the term and money they are seeking.
- Rob Rossi and Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Sources are saying the Penguins have offered Jaromir Jagr a 1 year deal worth $2 million. As of last night they still hadn’t heard back from him. The Red Wings and Canadiens have made offers to Jagr as well. Jagr was to land in the US late yesterday afternoon, but after 6 pm, Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda was not returning messages. The Penguins are about $6 million below the cap, but would like to keep $1.5 million free for in-season moves. Aaron Asham signed last night for 1 year, $775,000. GM Ray Shero still hopes to re-sign Tyler Kennedy and Michael Rupp by Friday.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: The Montreal Canadiens will have some extra cash to spend tomorrow as Roman Hamrlik rejected their 1 year offer, and James Wisniewski rights were sent to Columbus. After Yannick Weber signed a 2 year deal worth $1.7 million, the Canadiens have 17 players under contract with a cap hit of just over $50 million. They still need to sign Josh Gorges, Ryan White, another forward and a backup goalie. Players that could interest the Canadiens are: Michael Rupp, Tyler Kennedy, Aaron Asham, Ville Leino, Ben Eager, Michael Handzus and Alexei Ponikarovsky.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: The Winnipeg Jets probably won’t be able to land a big name, but here is a list of players that could fit the mould of someone they might be interested in: Max Talbot, Joel Ward, Sean Bergenheim, Chris Higgins, Jonathan Ericsson, Cody McCormick, Vernon Fiddler, Rick Rypien, Shane Hnidy, Jason Jaffray.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators would like to sign a player who could play on their top 2 lines and a backup goalie.
“There will be a couple of guys we will discuss, and there might be the same type of situation that, after Day 1 or Day 2 or Day 3, the guy that we like hasn’t signed yet and is wondering what’s going to happen with himself, and may be very willing to come to a younger team, that he may feel he has a real good chance to get a good spot and produce.
“We need probably three goalies in the organization. we need a backup here, we need a backup in Binghamton, and we need a fifth guy. So right now, that’s been the talk here between our staff. But we’ve also looked at guys that are young and we think have Top 6 forward potential, but we have to see where it all plays out on Day 1 and Day 2.”