- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Daniel Carcillo
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The NHL has fined Wild forward Devin Setoguchi $8,108.11 for high stick to Red Wings Kyle Quincey.
- Edmonton Oilers via twitter: The Oilers have recalled defenseman Theo Peckham from the AHL.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Canucks Andrew Ebbett clears waivers. No one was put on waivers today.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Coach Joel Quenneville said that Dan Carcillo won’t play tonight, but will sometime on this homestand.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs Joffrey Lupul is back skating but is still a couple weeks away from returning from his fractured forearm.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Gabriel Landeskog is back practicing with the Avalanche but wearing a no contact jersey.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook isn’t on the ice for their morning skate. Brad Ziemer via twitter: Seabrook won’t play tonight with a lower-body injury.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Ullstrom and Boulton will be scratched. Reasoner and Hickey are in.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings Johan Franzen thinks he’ll be able to play in Thursday. Has missed the last 4 games with a sore hip flexor.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak pulled himself out of Monday’s game for concerns that his injury wasn’t fully healed. He doesn’t want it to linger throughout the season.
- Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times: Blackhawks Daniel Carcillo started skating last week and could return to action soon. Steve Montador (concussion) and Rostislav Olesz (knee) skated before yesterday’s practice. Carcillo was playing with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa when he got hurt, but Brandon Saad has moved into that spot and is playing well.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Lightning Ryan Malone could miss 3 to 4 weeks with an undisclosed lower-body injury and was put on the IR retroactive to Sunday.
Quick Hits: Kiprusoff, Reimer, Halak, Allen, Cammalleri, Malone, Letang, Regin, Carcillo, Montador, Kubina, Hordichuk, Taylor and Pandolfo
- Sportsnet 960 via twitter: The Flames are saying that Miikka Kiprusoff will be out approximately 2 more weeks with a sprained MCL.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer has a strained MCL and is out at least a week.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Blue goalie Jaroslav Halak (groin) will probably be out for a week. Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: The Blues have recalled goalie Jake Allen from the AHL.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames Mike Cammalleri is “good to go” on Wednesday against the Stars.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning Ryan Malone will now be out 3 to 4 weeks with a lower-body injury according to coach Boucher.
- Chris Nichols via twitter: Penguins defenseman Kris Letang could be a game-time decision tomorrow night against the Penguins.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Senators put Peter Regin on the IR retroactive to Saturday.
- Brian Hamilton via twitter: Blackhawks Daniel Carcillo skated today and could join teammates at practice later this week.
- Brian Hamilton via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Steve Montador (concussion) skated before practice today.
- Igor Eronko via twitter: Defenseman Pavel Kubina signed with Geneve-Servette the Swiss National League A.
- Ryan Rishaug via twitter: Oilers Darcy Hordichuk clears waivers.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: The Flames have put Danny Taylor on waivers. The Bruins put Jay Pandolfo on waivers.
- ESPN: Sabres Ville Leino missed yesterday’s game against the Flyers and is day to day with a lower-body injury. The Sabres play the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Flyers Zac Rinaldo took 20 stitches above his right knee. Not known if he’ll be available for Tuesday.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks Cam Fowler (out with the flu) practiced yesterday. Expects to play today against the Flames.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is “questionable” for their game against the Blue Jackets after slamming into the boards, hurting his right shoulder. Goalie Jonas Gustavsson has a sore groin and the Wings will call up Tom McCollum. Jan Mursak will go on the IR with a collarbone injury to make room on the roster for McCollum. Mursak will have a CT scan tomorrow, and he could be out a couple weeks. If Bertuzzi’s test reveal he has mono, he’ll be out a month. If it’s the flu, he’ll be out a week. Patrick Eaves, who has been out for more than a year with a concussion, said “I’m ready to go.”
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks winger Daniel Carcillo will be out about 4 weeks after suffering a right knee injury on Saturday. It was Carcillo’s first game since have major surgery on his left knee last January. Brandon Saad will replace Carcillo in the lineup, and could be on a line with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa.
Injury notes for Sabres, Canadiens, Flyers, Sharks, Blues and Stars … Video of hybrid icing rule that GMs are discussing
- Mike Harrington via twitter: Tomas Vanek and Patrick Kaleta are back in. Matt Ellis has a knee injury, not sure if season ending. Andrej Sekera has pneumonia and it’s getting worse.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Canadiens David Desharnais is a game-time decision according to Pat Hickey.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers forward Jakub Voracek hopes to play tomorrow. Defenseman Pavel Kubina on his injury: “hoping its not serious and just a few days more.”
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks forward Martin Havlat could return to the lineup within the next week.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues have activated Jamie Langenbrunner off the IR and assigned TJ Hensick back to the AHL.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: In addition to Vladimir Tarasenko’s KHL contract, he’s getting a special “stipend” that equals NHL entry level contract.
- Chicago Blackhawks on NHL.com: The Blackhawks have signed Daniel Carcillo to a 2 year contract extension.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: Connolly-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin, Ashton-Steckel-Crabb, Frattin-Lombardi-Armstrong-Rosehill.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars defenseman Sheldon Souray is doubtful for tomorrow.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tomorrow.
- Link to the video was posted by Elliotte Friedman describing the hybrid icing rule that GMs are discussing
The NHL has suspended Flames forward Rene Bourque for 5 games for his elbow on Capitals Nicklas Backstrom. Bourque was already suspended for 2 games this season.
Chris Johnston via twitter: Bourque’s suspension will cost him $203,252.05.
The NHL has suspended Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo for 7 games for his hit on Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert.
Will add Shanahan’s videos to this post when they become available.
Afternoon notes on Backstrom, Madden, Phillips, Orr, Carcillo, Blackhawks, Devils, Sabres and starting goalies
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals coach Dale Hunter said that Niklas Backstrom is day-to-day and is still being evaluated.
- George Richards via twitter: The Panthers have officially signed center John Madden.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators defenseman Chris Phillips is out with a concussion. “We’re going to be hopeful that it’s short term and it’s being evaluated and it appears to be a mild one, but it depends on him,” said MacLean.
- David Alter via twitter: The Maple Leafs have placed Colton Orr on waivers. Jonas Siegel via twitter: Orr will be assigned to the Marlies if he clears.
- Tim Sassone via twitter: The Blackhawks have recalled Andrew Shaw and Dylan Olsen and have put Steve Montador and Marcus Kruger on the IR.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has waived his right for an in person hearing.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play tonight. Andy Greene (broken toe) is at least 2 more weeks away. Rich Chere via twitter: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Travis Zajac: “We’re just going to rest him. He has a little soreness and we don’t want to take any chances.”
- John Vogl via twitter: The Sabres could be getting Tyler Myers, Ville Leino and Tyler Ennis back this weekend. Myers is hoping for Friday, Leino is shooting for Saturday.
- Terry Koshan via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net for the Leafs against the Jets.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Ray Emery will start in net for the Blackhawks against the Flyers.
- Curtis Zupke via twitter: Jonas Hiller will start for the Ducks against the Sharks.
Carcillo to have hearing … Blue Jackets on rumors … Semin out, Green in … RNH out at least 2-3 games … Pitkanen out 4 weeks … Sabres notes
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Daniel Carcillo will be hearing from the NHL, logistics for either a conference call or in-person hearing are being worked out.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: The Flames have put Raitis Ivanans on re-entry waivers. The Canucks have put Byron Bitz on waivers.
- Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch: Blue Jackets RJ Umberger on rumors:
“It’s nerve-racking coming to the rink and not knowing what is going on,” forward R.J. Umberger said. “It’s a lot of extra tension.”
Derick Brassard on trade rumors:
“It kind of plays in your head all the time if your name is out there,” Brassard said. “But it’s something you can’t control. If you don’t (block it out), you’re waiting for it, and if it doesn’t happen, you’re disappointed.”
Umberger added trades are harder for older players as they don’t want to uproot their families.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals forward Alexander Semin won’t play tonight, and that they will go with 7 Dmen. Brian McNally via twitter: Mike Green will make his return to the lineup.
- David Staples via twitter: Staples thinks that if the Oilers make a trade, they should trade for 2014 or 2015 option to swap 1st round picks with a fading team.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Oilers forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is still waiting to be examined, He’ll be out at least 2-3 games. Tom Gilbert will be out tonight.
- Philadelphia Flyers via twitter: Flyers winger Jaromir Jagr has a mild left groin strain and is out for 7 to 10 days.
- John Buccigross via twitter: Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen had surgery on his left knee, and is expected to be out for 4 weeks.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning forward Ryan Malone will be out tonight with a lower body injury.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs coach guesses that Colby Armstrong is 7 to 10 days away from returning to the lineup.
- Mike Harrington via twitter: Sabress forward Ville Leino thinks he might be able to play on Saturday. Defenseman Tyler Myers joined the morning skate today. Sabres coach Lindy Ruff is optimistic that forward Jason Pominville (flu) will play tonight. Brad Boyes status is unknown as he suffered a stinger to his ankle. Ryan Miller will start in net against Nikolai Khabibulin.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Looks like a Jonas Gustavsson – Mathieu Garon goalie match-up.
Ducks in the rumor mill … Subban-Plekanec drop the gloves … RNH injures shoulder … Carcillo could face suspension
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Talk about what Teemu Selanne will do has already surfaced as the Ducks have struggled with a 10-21-6 record.
“I’ve read some stories in the papers too about what the situation could be,” said Selanne, who took the day off for maintenance. ”To be honest, I haven’t really thought about that too much. I still believe that we can make the playoffs. I don’t want to think about that thing before we’re out.
“So right now, I just think I’m going to be here. That’s the only goal I have right now. Right now, I can’t see that happening. The focus is still do the job here now and see how it goes. A lot of work to do. It’s a big challenge right now.”
Ducks GM Bob Murray may look to see what he can get for the few tradable assets he has. Bobby Ryan has already been on the trade block and Ryan Getzlaf’s name has crept into the rumor mill lately. GM Murray has already said that Selanne is retiring a Duck.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News: It’s sounding like the Sabres could be shopping some players in effort to turn their season around. Coach Lindy Ruff’s job is safe. The Sabres sit in 11th spot, but they don’t need to blow up their roster. Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Paul Gaustad and Ryan Miller haven’t lived up to expectations or their contracts.
- TSN: Canadiens P.K. Subban and Tomas Plekanec dropped the gloves at yesterday’s practice. No big bombs were landed and both players resumed practicing afterwards. “It’s nothing personal between me and P.K., it’s about the team and to realize we have to start playing as a team,” said Plekanec. “Those things happen.
- Jim Matheson via twitter: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins left last night’s game. There is no news on the severity of the shoulder injury. He’ll be out today against the Sabres. Mark Spector via twitter: The Oilers have recalled center Josh Green and Dman Colten Teubert to replace RNH and Tom Gilbert (see video below).
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: Flyers winger Jaromir Jagr took himself out of yesterday’s Winter Classic after he was speared in the calf. “It was swelling and getting worse and worse in my leg,” Jagr said. “I just couldn’t skate hard and I didn’t want to just be [on the ice] to be there. I knew at that point I couldn’t help my teammates.”
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Custance list 10 candidates for next year’s Winter Classic and beyond: 1. Detroit 2. Washington 3. New York 4. Minnesota 5. Toronto 6. Chicago 7. Colorado 8 Columbus 9. Green Bay 10. Las Vegas
- Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province: Canucks forward David Booth hopes to return to the lineup by Jan. 9th against the Panthers. Booth has skated for 3 straight days, but only for 15 minutes. Booth has been out with a sprained knee ligament since Dec. 6th. Defenseman Aaron Rome also skated but is still a ways from returning.
- Blackshawks Dan Carcillo’s hit on Oilers Tom Gilbert. This will definitely be looked by the league, and a suspension is likely. What do you think?
Wilson gets 1 year extension … Flyers injuries … Whitney has tendinitis … Gagne injured … Carcillo close … Smith-Pelly breaks foot
- Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail: Ron Wilson’s contract extension with the Maple Leafs is only for 1 year.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen has been dealing with chronic back pain. Forward James van Riemsdyk is said to have a “cam impingement in his hip” and a ‘banged up” knee. Sources say that he could require offseason surgery on the hip. Daniel Briere expects to be able to go tonight.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers defenseman Ryan Whitney missed 47 games last year after dislocating a tendon in his right ankle, and has missed 18 games this year with ankle issues, now has tendinitis in the surgically repaired ankle. He missed yesterday’s game but could be ready for Thursday.
Tom Renny: “The ankle has been a little bit weak because he’s pushing himself to get back to where he wants to be and it’s inevitable that there’s some residual pain there. He’s developed the tendinitis because he’s pushed it. We’re being safe. On the heels of the Christmas break, if we can give him five or six days off, I think it’ll help him a lot.”
- Rich Hammond of the LA Kings Insider: Kings winger Simon Gagne did not return for the 3rd period last night and will be evaluated today.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo skated yesterday for the 1st time in days. He suffered an upper-body injury (or a possible concussion) on Dec. 14th. He’s missed the last 5 games, but could be ready to return once he gets his conditioning back. He hopes to play tomorrow against the Kings.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Blues forward T.J. Oshie will miss 2 games due to a ligament injury in his left wrist. They expect him to return on Friday.
- Washington Post: Capitals center Mathieu Perreault went to the hospital with an upper-body injury last night. He stayed overnight in Buffalo and will return to Washington today. He was injured in the 3rd when his stick got stuck in the boards and jammed into his midsection.
- Gord Miller via twitter: World Junior Championship players by NHL team: Ana: 6 Bos: 2 Buf: 2 Cgy: 3 Car: 2 Chi: 6 Col: 1 CBJ: 5 Dal: 4 Det: 4 Edm: 4 Fla: 7 LA: 3 Min: 6 Mtl: 4 Nas: 2 NJ: 2 NYI: 2 NYR: 1 Ott: 4 Phi: 0 Phx: 3 Pit: 3 StL: 3 SJ: 1 TB: 4 Tor: 1 Van: 1 Was: 1 Wpg: 2.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks prospect Devante Smith-Pelly broke a bone in his foot during Canada’s victory over Finland yesterday at the WJC. He’ll be out 4-6 weeks.
Bogosian not happy in Atlanta … Bruins looking at 9 Dmen … Kovalev days in OTT could be numbered … Arnott undecided about waiving no trade
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Though he hasn’t officially asked for a trade, it’s been noted that Thrashers defenseman Zach Bogosian isn’t happy in Atlanta and may like a change of scenery by next year.
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: Multiple reports are saying the Maple Leafs and Bruins are discussing a Tomas Kaberle trade. This will likely be the last chance Burke has to get an asset back for Kaberle as it’s unlikely he would re-sign with the Leafs.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: The Bruins have added some depth with 3rd liner Chris Kelly, should now turn their focus to adding a much needed defenseman. The Tomas Kaberle rumors are running rampant. “Tomas Kaberle has not waived his no-trade clause concerning Boston,” Burke said. GM Peter Chiarelli said they have a list of 9 defenseman.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: McKenzie could only come up with 7 of 9 defenseman that the Boston Bruins could be interested in: Tomas Kaberle, Joni Pitkanen, Eric Brewer, Bryan McCabe, Chris Phillips, Ed Jovanovski, Zach Bogosian.
- Jim Matheson via twitter: Matheson thinks that if the Dallas Stars continue to drop in the standings they have to trade Brad Richards (if his head injury is minor).
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Brad Richards didn’t fly with the team and will not play tonight against Calgary. Coach Marc Crawford said he’ll be re-evaluated today, and could join the team before Saturday’s game.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Senators GM Bryan Murray said this morning that he hope to make “one or two more” trades and there is nothing new on the Chris Phillips front.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Alex Kovalev realizes that his days as an Ottawa Senator could be coming to an end and he’s not letting the rumors bother him. “I’ve been around for a long time, I’ve been traded a few times, so it’s not new for me,” Kovalev said of the constant trade speculation surrounding himself and several teammates. “The job is still the same, to be a hockey player and help whatever team (you’re) playing for.”
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Jason Arnott is still pondering about waiving his no-trade clause. He wants to play in the playoffs this year, but the Devils are on quite the run and may feel they have a shot if it continues. Arnott has talked to Lamoriello ‘in theory’ about waiving it, with the Penguins, Canadiens, and Capitals rumored to be interested.
“We’ve still got a long way to go and I think it will be a little more clear more towards the deadline,” he told me today. “If we win every game from now until the deadline, it’s going to be a real tough decision because then I’ve got to gamble on whether we’re going to win out, win the rest of the season or try to get on a playoff team. As it gets closer, it will become more clear and we’ll see what we do.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Despite all their injuries to their blueline, McKenzie doesn’t think the Canucks are in the market for a defenseman.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: With the acquisition of Kris Versteeg, look for the Flyers to shop either Daniel Carcillo or Jody Shelley.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: The Panthers could look to move Cory Stillman, he’d like to stay but realizes a trade could happen. “There’s always an uneasy feeling that it’s happened once before, it could happen again,’’ said Stillman, who has eight 20-plus goal seasons. “My goal coming here almost three years ago was to help put the team in a playoff spot with a chance to win.
- Capgeek.com: Dustin Byfuglien 5 year, $26 million contract extension carries a $5.2 million cap hit. He was making $3 million this year. Capgeek is showing that he has yearly salaries of $4.25 million, $4.25 million, $5.75 million, $5.75 million, and $6 million.
- Brian Hamilton of Chicago Breaking Sports: Patrick Kane missed another practice yesterday with an illness but coach Joel Quenneville is hopeful that he’ll be in the lineup tonight against the Wild. Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks.
3 goalies in Philly … Injured Sens … Jackets interested in Del Zotto … Philly shopped Carcillo, Zherdev and vanRiemsdyk
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Michael Leighton lead the Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup last year, now he finds himself as the #3 goalie in Philly. The Flyers don’t want to send Leighton or Brian Boucher to the AHL as they’d have to clear waivers and would likely be claimed. Sergei Bobrovsky is on a 2-way contract but has claimed the #1 job. The NHL Christmas trade freeze is in effect until Dec. 27th. Tampa could use a goalie, and Washington may be interested in a veteran.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Injuries are taking toll on some Ottawa Senators; Kovalev has a bad knee, Milan Michalek has had knee issues since being drafted, Daniel Alfredsson rarely practices, and Mike Fisher has a bad shoulder. The Columbus Blue Jackets in search of a offensive defenseman have inquired about NY Rangers Michael Del Zotto. They may have been offering former Rangers, Fedor Tyutin, but it would take more. Nikita Filatov? The Philadelphia Flyers have been trying to clear some cap space, including Daniel Carcillo, Nikolai Zherdev or James vanRiemsdyk. They want a 1st round draft pick plus another pick for James vanRiemsdyk.
Terry Frei of the Denver Post: Colorado Avalanche defenseman Kyle Quincey will undergo season ending shoulder surgery. Team doctor, “After physical and diagnostic tests, the decision has been made to repair his shoulder at this time.”
Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: The St. Louis Blues activated defenseman Roman Polak from IR yesterday and returned Ian Cole to the AHL. The Blues also announced that Dave Scatchard will be out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.