- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Detroit Howard
Rumors and Notes part 3: Blues, Predators, Red Wings, Avalanche, Maple Leafs, Stars, Senators and Nash, Schultz and Jagr
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The Blues will be looking to sign a defenseman. If the Predators lose Ryan Suter, sources are saying that Shea Weber won’t re-sign a long-term deal. GM David Poile couldn’t risk losing both for nothing, and would have to look at trading Weber. Jay Bouwmeester is rumored to be on the trade block, sources are saying no one has approached him about it yet. Sources saying the Red Wings will make a strong push for Ryan Suter, but not as hard for Zach Parise. Don’t be surprised if the Blues look to bring back Carlo Colaiacovo. There is some talk that Flyers defenseman Matt Carle may want to sign with the Avalanche, played college hockey in Colorado. The Blackhawks have serious interest in Justin Schultz. Contract talks between Erik Johnson and the Avs are going smoothly. The Senators are talking contract extension with Chris Neal, who has 1 year left on his deal. The same goes for Mike Fisher and the Predators.
- Mike Brophy of Sportsnet: Brophy lists some Maple Leafs players who may be traded, bought out or buried in the minors: Colby Armstrong, Tim Connolly, Cody Franson, Nazem Kadri, Mike Komisarek, Nikolai Kulemin, Matthew Lombardi, Colton Orr and Jay Rosehill.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Heika thinks that the Stars may be willing to overpay for Zach Parise but not Ryan Suter.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Rutherford thinks that it’s possible that the Blues look at Filip Kuba, doubtful on Bryce Salvador.
- Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen: (from Monday) … Senators and Rick Nash:
“They haven’t told us if we’re close, or asked what we’re willing to part with as far as the parameters of the trade,” Murray said. “And we aren’t close to knowing if Rick Nash wants to come to Ottawa or not, he’s the property of Columbus. That’s all I know.”
“If you have to beg, it’s probably the wrong player that you’re talking to,” Murray said.
The Senators think they have a shot at Justin Schultz.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Oilers are to meet with Justin Schultz in Toronto in the afternoon. Some believe that Schultz will end up in his home province and with the Canucks. Jason Gregor via twitter: Gregor was told the Oilers may not meet with Schultz until Thursday or Friday as they may not get Toronto until 5:00 pm. As of 10 PM last night, the Oilers haven’t been given a time to meet with Schultz.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Jaromir Jagr’s agent is expected to talk with the Flyers today.
- Brian Huddle via twitter: According to Pierre McGuire, Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke told him prior to the draft that they were taking Morgan Rielly if he was available.
Twitter notes: Ott, Hemsky, Nabokov, Spacek, Radulov, Wisniewski, Wallace, Bertuzzi … Stars, Oilers, and Devils lines … starting goalies
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Stars forward Steve Ott on trade rumors: “It’s a compliment if teams are calling and asking for u but it’s nervewracking b/c you’ve been here for a long time.”
- Jason Gregor via twitter: Gregor is hearing that Oilers forward Ales Hemsky would consider a 2 year deal at $10 – $11 million.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Islanders and Evgeni Nabokov continue contract talks this afternoon.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Alexander thinks that Jaroslav Spacek gets traded, and that Bryan Allen stays.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: KHL’s Salavat pursuing Kuznetsov implies that Alex Radulov will leave for the NHL this summer. Chesnokov via twitter: (responding to my question) Alexander Radulov won’t return to the NHL this season, as he is set to play for Russia at the World Championships after the KHL season ends.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski is projected to be in the lineup tomorrow against the Avalanche.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Lightning have claimed Tim Wallace off waivers from the Islanders.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Todd Bertuzzi’s 2 year contract: $1.975 million next year, $2.175 million the following year. $2.075 million cap hit.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder. Ott-Wandell-Vincour. Nostrum-Fiddler-Dvorak. Petersen-Garbutt-Burish.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers lines: Hall-Horcoff-Hemsky, Smyth-Gagner-Eberle, Paajarvi-Belanger-Eager and Hordichuk-Lander-Petrell.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Sykora-Elias-Clarkson; Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Bernier; Carter-Josefson-Palmieri; Boulton-Veilleux-Janssen.
- Iain MacIntyre via twitter: Roberto Luongo will start in net against the Red Wings. Cory Schneider will start on Friday against the Devils.
- David Alter via twitter: Looks like Antti Niemi will start in net for the Sharks. Elliotte Friedman via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Leafs.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Justin Peters will start in net for the Hurricanes tonight.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils on Friday against the Canucks.
Hawks looking for trade partners … Options for Pacific teams … Carle could cash in … Koivu could be in … MacDonald close, Steen unknown
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman would love to find a trading partner.
“There’s a lot of guys looking for players and not a lot willing to part with players,” he said during a Tuesday phone conversation. “I don’t know if it’s going to change a ton the next couple weeks.”
The Lightning and Islanders aren’t ready to be sellers just yet.
“Teams that are out of it are looking more towards the future,” Bowman said. “If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do. Those teams are looking at the summer and going, ‘You know what? Why are we going to trade him away?’”
If the right center was made available, they would be interested despite recently acquiring Brendan Morrison. They will target defensemen. Canadiens Hal Gill would be an option.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Garrioch thinks the Blackhawks could end up trading for Islanders goalie Evgeni Nabokov to become their starter.
- Corey Masisak of NHL.com: The Sharks might be looking for a 3rd line energy guy who can kill penalties. They could deal Antero Niittymaki, but they won’t get much return for him. The Kings will be looking to add scoring. They have Jonathan Bernier to trade, but they’ll want a big return for him. The Coyotes could use some scoring up front. If they become sellers, they have Ray Whitney and Daymond Langkow to move. If the Stars are buyers, they could use a top 6 forward. If they become sellers they may look to move Nicklas Grossman and/or Sheldon Souray. If the Ducks won’t make Teemu Selanne or Saku Koivu available, they could consider moving any of Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan and Lubomir Visnovsky.
- Dave Lozo of NHL.com: The Red Wings have room to take on $24 million in cap space. Travis Moen and Ales Hemsky could be options.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: It’s unclear if the Flyers and defenseman Matt Carle have held serious contract talks. Carle will be a UFA and there is belief that he could get a deal similar to James Wisniewski’s 6 years, $33 million on the open market.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild center Mikko Koivu practiced yesterday and could return tonight. Coach Mike Yeo on a possible trade:
“The one thing our entire team needs right now is just to go out on the ice with the idea that we’re good enough because we are. Obviously, if we can do things to make our team better I know there’s not a GM in the league who’s working harder than Chuck [Fletcher] on this. But having said that, we’ve beaten all the good teams in the West. We’ve proven ourself. When we play our game, we’ve proven what we can do.”
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Blues forward Andy MacDonald should be back either Sunday or Tuesday. Alex Steen hasn’t skated this week, so his return is unknown.
- Eric Francis via twitter: Francis thinks the Flames can’t afford NOT to re-sign center Olli Jokinen.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: The Blue Jackets signed Vinny Prospal to a 1 year contract extension worth $2.5 million. He also got a no-trade clause.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Scouting the Ducks-Hurricanes game last night: Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Lightning, Coyotes, Flyers, Predators, Rangers and Blues.
- Rich Chere of Star-Ledger: Johan Hedberg said he will start in net for the Devils tonight.
- Jay Zawaski of Chicago Now: Marian Hossa has started skating with the Blackhawks, but is not expected to return until the end of November. They are also not going to rush Toews back.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: The play of James van Riemsdyk and Matt Carle has moved them both into consideration for US Olympic team according Brian Burke.
- Scott Morrison of CBCSports.ca: The Detroit Red Wings might be starting to look at trading for a goalie as they don’t appear to be that happy with the play of both Chris Osgood and Jimmy Howard.
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: The Maple Leafs top 2 goalies appear to be back healthy for the moment, but how they will fair remains to be seen. According to Burke, “If one of [Gustavsson or Toskala] doesn’t emerge as the guy or both of them, if they can’t emerge as a tandem, then we’re going to have to go look for a goaltender. We can’t fix the goaltending situation until we figure out what we have.”