- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Dwayne Roloson
Flames to talk to Iginla … O’Reilly waiting in Russia … Might be the end for some … Hecht signs with Sabres
- Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun: Flames captain Jarome Iginla is in the last year of his 5 year, $35 million deal, and GM Jay Feaster won’t waste any time addressing the situation.
“We determined internally the first day of camp we’re going to address that right off the hop and ask Jarome to do the same,” said Flames GM Jay Feaster.
“We want to make sure everybody (in the media) is there, address it all at that time, and then neither party will talk about it again. Will that stop questions in Detroit and Colorado about it? No, but in saying that, it gives Jarome the ability to say he’s sorry but he already addressed it and won’t talk about it.”
“Jarome has a contract. Donnie and I will sit down and proceed to see if we can get something done. In the meantime, we have a season to get ready for.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: RFA Ryan O’Reilly will remain with Magnitigorsk of the KHL until he receives an offer from the Avalanche.
- Mike Chambers via twitter: Ryan O’Reilly’s agent Mark Guy: “All that I can say at this time is that we are having ongoing discussions.”
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: One source is saying that O’Reilly is looking for a 5 year deal and the Avalanche are only offering 3 years.
- Gary Lawless via twitter: Eric Fehr is on his way to Winnipeg, but not to join the jets. He’s still looking for a job, and if he can’t find one in the NHL, he’ll head back to Finland.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: There are more than 50 players that are unsigned, and most may not play again, including Andrew Brunette and Brian Rolston. Other players whose careers may be over: Jason Blake, Mike Knuble, Jason Arnott, Brendan Morrison, Dwayne Roloson and Sean O’Donnell.
- Mike Harrington via twitter: German web sites are saying that the Sabres have signed Jochen Hecht to a 1 year deal.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: From a player source on Fehr’s meeting on decertification talk: ”it is a serious consideration right now.”
- Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times: Don Fehr updated about 25 players yesterday about were the lockout stands. No bargaining sessions are planned at the moment.
“When we made our proposal on Wednesday, I thought the answer would be yes. But we didn’t get a response which suggests that we are,” Fehr said from Caesars before the Operation Hat Trick charity game. “When you make a move towards them, if you’re going to have an agreement, somebody has to say, ‘Yes and now I can do this.’ Instead they said, more or less, ‘Yes and what else can you do for me?”
There was some talk between the two sides on Friday, and more is expected either today or tomorrow.
“Everybody understands that negotiation is a process, that’s about all I can say. So far, we seem to be doing all the negotiating,” Fehr said. “When you say, we have to have with the right hand and I’m going to give you with the left hand, that’s one thing, if they say we have to take with the right hand and we’re going to take with the left hand, too, that becomes very difficult.”
Fehr on the decertification option,
“There are two sets of laws that govern these situations and what happens is that, from time to time, unions and sports unions have essentially said that there are circumstances in which members would be better off without a union and taking action under the antitrust laws,” he said. “And that’s all I can say about it. You can check what’s happened in the other sports.”
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: If/when the lockout ends, the Roberto Luongo situation will consume Vancouver. Most think he’ll be moved, but management has said that they would be fine with having both Luongo and Cory Schneider at training camp. Luongo had said in the summer that a trade was in the best interest of all sides, but later said it’s okay if he came back. Some believe the Canucks should keep Luongo for their Cup run, but that could be a big risk. Nobody is sure how a Luongo-Schneider tandem would work, with each playing 50 percent of the time. What if he struggles this year? How difficult would it to trade him then? If they were to move him, it would make them a more complete team, especially if they get younger and add a 3rd line center. If they did move him, they would need to a backup goalie, and the market is weak. Dan Ellis is on a tryout deal with the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL. Other free agent options are Dwayne Roloson, Brent Johnson and Ty Conklin. The Maple Leafs might be willing to include Ben Scrivens in a Luongo trade. The Canucks have Eddie Lack playing in Chicago, but is he ready?
- ESPN: Blackhawks David Bolland retweeted on Friday “can I get a RT for wanting Bettman dead?” Bolland later deleted the retweet and offered up an apology.
“It was a mistake, I never meant to retweet that out,” Bolland told ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. “I like to retweet for a lot of my fans, and I just retweeted the wrong thing. I feel bad about it.”
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Blues Kevin Shattenkirk signed with TPS of SM-liiga according to MTV3.
Hall out 5-6 months … No contact yet for Toews … Roster notes for Pens, Devils, Preds, Wings … Starting goalies
- Edmonton Oilers via twitter: Oilers Taylor Hall will not return to this season as he’ll be having labral shoulder surgery. According to Steve Tambellini: “Recovery time will be between five and six months, so our hope is that Taylor will be ready for the start of next season.”
- Mike Morreale via twitter: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Jonathan Toews still hasn’t been cleared for contact.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Some college UFAs could be signing in the next day or 2. UMD’s J.T. Brown, Miami’s Cam Schilling, Maine’s Spencer Abbott and others. Washington has just signed Cam Schilling to an entry level contract.
- Pens Inside Scoop: Penguins defenseman Kris Letang is day-to-day with a lower body injury. Ben Lovejoy had knee surgery and will be out 3-4 weeks.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Penguins forward Steve Sullivan said he should be ready to get back in the lineup.
- Mike Morreale via twitter: Devils rookie Adam Larsson will be a healthy scratch. Peter Harrold will be in the lineup.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Predators coach Barry Trotz said Martin Erat is out with an upper body injury.
- Brian Hedger via twitter: Word is that Johan Franzen will return tomorrow night. Jonathan Ericsson is questionable. The plan is to have Jimmy Howard to return on Friday.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Martin Brodeur will face Corey Crawford tonight.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Bruins. Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Tim Thomas will start in net for the Bruins.
- Joe Yerdon via twitter: Braden Holtby will start in net for the Capitals.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers Scott Clemmensen was the 1st off the ice and likely starter.
- James Mirtle via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
GM meeting next week … Notes on the Maple Leafs, Datsyuk practicing, Wild goalie injuries, Mason gets stitches, Souray injured
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The GM meetings are next week. They’ll talk about putting the red-line back in, video review for goalie interference, concussions and CBA talk.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Drafting in the top 10 could be good thing for the Leafs. Or they could trade the pick for a top forward and other needed pieces.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: The Maple Leafs may be looking for a #1 goalie this offseason. The UFA list isn’t spectacular. Martin Brodeur, Dwayne Roloson and Johan Hedberg are at the end of their careers. Tomas Vokoun puts up good numbers but seems to miss the playoffs. Do the Leafs take a chance on Evgeni Nabokov, Ray Emery or Al Montoya? Trading for a goalie is an option, but how big is the price for Kings Jonathan Bernier? There has been animosity between the Canucks and Maple Leafs, so a Cory Schneider deal may be hard to see.
- Terry Koshan of the Toront Sun: Maple Leafs ‘bubble boys’ heading into next season could be Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi, Joey Crabb, Nikolai Kulemin, Tim Connolly and Jay Rosehill, along with Jonas Gustavsson (UFA) and James Reimer.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk practiced with the team yesterday, and Nicklas Lidstrom skated before. Both are out tonight, and unlikely for Saturday.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild goalie Josh Harding “tweaked something” in his lower body last night causing him to leave in the 2nd period. The severity of the injury isn’t known yet. Niklas Backstrom is already out with a groin injury. Their 4th goalie on their depth charts suffered an injury over the weekend and could be done for the year.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason took 15-20 stitches to his blocker hand. He was cut by the skate for defenseman John Moore, and is not expected to play this weekend. He’ll be re-evaluated this morning. Derek Dorsett left in the 3rd period with an upper body injury.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars defenseman Sheldon Souray is day-to-day with a lower body injury. He left last night’s game in the 2nd period. Defenseman Mark Fistric left with a hand injury in the 3rd, x-rays were negative and he should be able to go. Steve Ott missed last night’s game with back spasms.
Wings OK with not making any more trades, but could look for a forward … What do Sens do in net? Markov practices … Kostitsyn wants to stay
- John Niyo of the Detroit News: Wings GM Ken Holland on Thursday, “If we do nothing between now and Monday, I’m OK with it.” They have the cap space to make a move if they find one they like, which would likely be forward but the pickings are slim. Canadiens Travis Moen, Sabres Paul Gaustad and Blue Jackets Sammy Pahlsson would be nice rental additions.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: So Craig Anderson severed a tendon in his right finger cutting chicken. GM Bryan Murray wants to take the weekend to decide if he needs to go get a goalie. Alex Auld will start tonight, and Robin Lehner has been recalled. The Sharks called Senators and Leafs to see if they have any interest in picking Antero Niittymaki off waivers. Dwayne Roloson could be another option. Anderson had surgery on Thursday and could be 6-8 weeks, but Murray said he could be back on the ice next week.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: The Kings are still active on the trade front.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov practiced with teammates yesterday for the first time since December 5th. He said he isn’t experiencing any pain, but there is no timetable for his return, but he hopes to return before the end of season.
“I have to try a full contract practice,” he said. “I feel pretty good on the ice right now. As soon as I feel like I’m ready to play, I’ll play.”
- Sean Gordon of the Globe and Mail: Canadiens forward Andrei Kostitsyn, “I want to stay.” Kostitsyn said earlier this season that he’d take a pay cut to remain with the Canadiens.
- Globe and Mail podcast: Roundtable talking about Jeff Carter trade and other possible moves.
- Tarik El-Bashir via twitter: Capitals GM George McPhee said that defenseman Mike Green will travel with the team and could play this weekend.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said that Jimmy Howard will start on Sunday against the Sharks. Danny Cleary had fluid drained from his knee on Tuesday and is on track to return this week or next.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Nicklas Backstrom is doing off ice work, but not ready for skating yet. His return is uncertain.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Bruins Rich Peverley is heading back to Boston to have his right knee examined.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Ott-Benn-Vincour. Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder.Nystrom-Fiddler-Dvorak. Dowell-Wandell-Burish. Kari Lehtonen will start in net.
- David Pollak via twitter: Dwyane Roloson and the Lightning will face Antti Niemi and the Sharks.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Niklas Backstrom will start in net for the Wild.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Ilya Bryzgalov will start in net for the Flyers.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Martin Biron is the first off the ice and likely starter.
Sunday morning rumors and injuries: the Lightning, Canadiens, Weber, van Riemsdyk, Koivu, Skinner, DiPietro and NHL Sources Say Video
- Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune: Lightning goalies Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon have a combined GAA of 3.37. Some want the Lightning to trade for Evgeni Nabokov or Antero Niittymaki, or any other goalie who’ll be a UFA at the end of the year. Minor league goalie Dustin Tokarski is playing well in the AHL, but he’s not the answer right now. Trading for guys like Cory Schneider or Jonathan Bernier usually don’t happen during the season, and would cost a significant player/prospect and a high draft pick. In the offseason they could also look at free agent goalies like Brian Elliott and Josh Harding.
- Toronto Sun: The Canadiens may not be done dealing. Defenseman Hal Gill has seen his ice time decrease as of late and may interest a cup contender who is looking for a big stay at home Dman. Forwards Travis Moen and Andrei Kostitsyn will be UFAs at the end of the season. Defenseman Yannick Weber may get some interest someone who is looking to boost their PP.
- Randy Miller via twitter: Miller thinks it may cost the Flyers James van Riemsdyk, Sean Couturier and a top pick for Predators defenseman Shea Weber. The Preds would be aiming for that.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk is out with a concussion. “James was hit in the head in each of our last two games,” Holmgren said in a statement. “He reported yesterday not feeling like himself. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion.”
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild center Mikko Koivu left last night’s game in the 1st period after taking a hit from Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka. Koivu appears to have a left shoulder injury. He left the arena with a sling on.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner is likely to return today against the Capitals.
- Brian Compton via twitter: Islanders Rick DiPietro is expected to miss 10 weeks after his sports hernia surgery. His knee also has swelling.
- HNIC Hotstove link: The panel talks about the Cammalleri trade and Sidney Crosby.
- NHL Sources Say: Talk on next year’s Winter Classic, All-Star game captains and fantasy draft, Blues ownership situation, the Oilers rink situation, and Zach Parise.
More on Flyers-Leafs … Roy could come up in discussions … Hemsky’s trade value … Iggy staying … Carter to IR … Lines and Starting goalies
- Darren Dreger of TSN (mailbag): It has been reported that the Flyers and Leafs have talked. That James van Riemsdyk is a big bodied forward that the Leafs are interested. JVR would be easier to get than a Ryan Getzlaf. There have been no offers made by either side, and Luke Schenn “most definitely hasn’t been offered.” If and when the likes of Ryan Suter or Shea Weber aren’t made available, the Flyers may go back to the Leafs. “Toronto, without question would include Schenn in a trade if JVR is the return.” Dreger thinks the Sabres could move Derek Roy, or at least will be in talks with other clubs about him. A Ryan Miller trade is not likely to happen ‘in-season’ if they are considering it at all. The Senators won’t alter their long-term plans, but if they are able to add a forward, probably a top 9, Murray might make a move. Oilers Ales Hemsky’s trade value will depend on how he plays from now until the trade deadline. The Oilers will want a young player for Hemsky and possibly a draft pick depending on the player.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: “Don’t be surprised if Burke meets with Schenn today. If deal doesn’t go down soon, I expect Burke will tell Luke its not happening.”
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Flames GM Jay Feaster: “That’s correct. Iggy is going nowhere and we are going for it.”
- Capgeek via twitter: Once all Flames become healthy, it’s estimated they’ll need to clear $2.5 million in cap space.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Penguins Sidney Crosby received clearance to begin skating earlier this week.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Custance names some top candidates who could be GMs soon: Julien BriseBois (TB), Paul Fenton (NASH), Ron Hextall (LA), Jeff Gordon (NYR) and Jim Nill (DET)
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Wild have put Colton Gillies on waivers. The Red Wings have put Chris Minard on waivers. Coyotes Cal O’Reilly clears waivers.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: The Blue Jackets have put Jeff Carter on the IR.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers goalie Jose Theodore will likely be back on Monday against the Bruins.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers confirm that Brandon Dubinsky will be a game-time decision.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik, Prust-Richards-Callahan, Hagelin-Boyle-Mitchell, Rupp-Anisimov-Fedotenko.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Johansson-Semin, Knuble-Laich-Brouwer, Hendricks-Halpern-Ward, Chimera-Eakin-Beagle.
- Scott MacArthur via twitter: Leafs defensive pairings: Aulie-Phaneuf, Gunnarsson-Schenn, Komisarek-Franson.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will face Ryan Miller tonight. Sabres center Derek Roy is back in the lineup. No lineup changes for the Leafs.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Capitals. Stephen Whyno via twitter: Tomas Vokoun will start in net tonight for the Capitals.
- Marc Antoine Godin via twitter: Carey Price will start in net for the Canadiens against the Senators.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues against the Wild.
- Mark Spector via twitter: It will be Nikolai Khabibulin against Jonas Hiller tonight.
- Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch: Curtis Sanford will start in net for the Blue Jackets tonight.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Senators forward Nikita Filatov will be joining CSKA Moscow of the KHL. Bob McKenzie via twitter: He has been “assigned” by the Senators, so they will retain his NHL rights. Andy Strickland via twitter: The Senators knew weeks ago that he’d be heading back to Russia. It’s surprising they waited so long to make it official.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Sharks Andrew Desjardins has a disciplinary hearing today for his boarding hit last night.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers Sean Couturier is centering Jaromir Jagr and Scott Hartnell at practice.
- Tony Ambrogio via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Connolly-Armstrong, Frattin-Grabovski-Kulemin, Crabb-Dupuis-Steckel. Orr and Rosehill extra Fwds.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Sykora-Elias-Clarkson; Zubrus-Carter-Palmieri; Boutlon-Sestito-Tedenby.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin. Brouwer-Johansson-Halpern. Chimera-Laich-Ward. Henrdicks-Eakin-Perreault-Knuble.
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres lines: Vanek-Szczechua-Pominville; Ennis-Roy-Stafford; Adam-Leino-Kassian; McCormick-Gaustad-Ellis/Kaleta. Stuart gone Weber skating.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will get the start tonight for the Lightning against the Devils.
Afternoon notes involving Bergfors, Islanders, Eaton, Schenn, Maple Leafs, Miller and some starting goalies
- Dirk Hoag via twitter: The Predators have placed Niclas Bergfors on waivers.
- Chris Botta via twitter: Isles GM Garth Snow has full authority to make any changes to save the season. Arthur Staple via twitter: Snow: “I have no intention to replace our coach.”
- Jesse Spector via twitter: Islanders defenseman Mark Eaton is out 6 weeks with a sprained MCL.
- Philadelphia Flyers via twitter: The Flyers have activated Brayden Schenn from the IR and loaned him and defenseman Kevin Marshall to the AHL.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Looking like Mike Brown won’t be in the Leafs lineup tonight. Clarke MacArthur will be back. Matt Frattin drops to the 3rd line with Joe Colborne and Joey Crabb. Rosehill is with Steckel and Dupuis. MacArthur skating on a line with Tim Connolly and Nik Kulemin.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Leafs forward Matthew Lombardi is out with an upper-body injury for at least 3 weeks. There is talk that he suffered a dislocated shoulder that may require surgery now or at the end of the season. A full recovery could take months.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said that Ryan Miller is doing “OK” in his concussion recovery.
- Rich Hammond via twitter: Jonathan Bernier will start in net for the Kings tonight. Trevor Lewis and Brad Richardson will be healthy scratches. 3rd line will be Clifford, Stoll and Hunter. 4th line will be Moreau, Fraser and Westgarth.
- Lance Hornby via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Maple Leafs. Jonas Siegel via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks tomorrow.
Leafs getting offers for Franson … Kovalchuk to return … 2 to waivers … Grabovski out 2 weeks … Schenn practices … Starting goalies
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs have been offered a player and a 2nd round pick from an undisclosed team for defenseman Cody Franson. Tony Ambrogio via twitter: Leafs GM Brian Burke told the Fan 590 that he’s getting “deluged with trade offers” for Franson but has no plans to deal him. Fan 590 audio: Brian Burke on the Fan.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Spector thinks the Oilers have been calling about Maple Leafs defenseman Cody Franson. He thinks there is a trade to be made there.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils Ilya Kovalchuck will be back in the lineup. He’ll play RW with Zach Parise and Adam Henrique. Nick Palmieri will be on a line with Ryan Carter and David Clackson.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Blackhawks have put Rostislav Olesz on waivers. The Blue Jackets put Cody Bass on waivers.
- John Lu via twitter: Penguins captain Sidney Crosby won’t be playing tomorrow in Tampa Bay, but will be traveling with the team.
- Paul Hendricks via twitter: Leafs forwards Clarke MacArthur and Mikhail Grabovski are expected to miss at least 2 weeks. Matt Frattin was given a personal day today. Jonas Siegel via twitter: Coach Ron Wilson is unsure on MacArthur’s status. Leafs likely to dress 7 defenseman tomorrow against the Predators.
- Tony Ambrogio via twitter: Maple Leafs lines at practice: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, Crabb-Connolly-Kulemin, Lombardi-Steckel-Brown, Rosehill-Dupuis.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Flyers Brayden Schenn was back practicing with the team for the 1st time since fracturing his foot on Oct. 26th.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tonight against the Sabres.
- Paul Hendricks via twitter: Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs tomorrow.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tomorrow. There is a “minimal” chance that Ryan Malone plays, unsure on Teddy Purcell according to coach Guy Boucher.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues tomorrow.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Ales Hemsky will be in the lineup on a line with Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Smyth. Magnus Paajarvi will be a healthy scratch. Cam Barker is in on the blueline.
- Adam Jahns via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith will be in the lineup tonight. John Scott and Steve Montador are the 3rd defensive pairing. Sean O’Donnell and Sami Lepisto will be scratches.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning put Mattias Ritola on $125 waivers which will make him eligible to have his contract terminated.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils Rod Pelley and Mark Fraser have cleared waivers.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines at practice: Parise-Henrique-Clarkson/Kovalchuk; Sykora-Elias-Zubrus; Tedenby-Carter-Palmieri; Pelley-Mills-Janssen. Martin Brodeur to start in net.
- Biran McNally via twitter: Capitals defenseman Mike Green will miss his 6th game in the row. Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Caps against the Stars.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net for Maple Leafs. Jose Theodore will start in net for the Panthers.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Flyers.
- Mike Harrington via twitter: Ryan Miller likely to start tonight for the Sabres.