- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged J-S Giguere
Quick Hits: Ekman-Larsson, Leafs, Scouting Flyers-Devils, Ryder, Grigorenko, Allen, Giguere and Luongo
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Oliver Ekman-Larsson signed a 6 year, $33 million contract extension with the Coyotes, a $5.5 million salary cap hit.
- Michael Traikos via twitter: Korbinian Holzer, Nazem Kadri and Leo Komarov are the only Maple Leafs that do not have to clear waivers. The team has a “gentleman’s agreement” that Komarov won’t be sent to the AHL. Not an issue right now, but if/when the Leafs recall Jake Gardiner, they have only two options (aside from a trade).
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: On the scouts seating chart for the Flyers-Devils game: Canadiens, Blackhawks, Stars, Red Wings, Flames and Capitals.
- John Bartlett via twitter: Canadiens Michael Ryder will miss their game against the Devils with a lower-body injury.
- Greg Wyshynski via twitter: The Sabres have sent Mikhail Grigorenko back to the QMJHL.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: J.S. Giguere is scheduled to start for the Avalanche tonight against the Wild.
- Brad Ziemer via twitter: Roberto Luongo is expected to start for the Canucks.
Roster notes, lines, goalies: Sulzer, Miller, Giguere, Backes, Devils, Senators, Leafs, Stars, Oilers PP, Flyers, Bruins and Blue Jackets
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres defenseman Alexander Sulzer will be scratched tonight.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Rangers Chris Kreider is being returned to the CT Whalers of the AHL. Looks like J.T. Miller is sticking with the team.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche goalie J.S. Giguere has left the team for personal reason. He’ll return on Sunday. Calvin Pickard has been recalled.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Blues David Backes has a groin strain: ”We’ll see how it goes hour to hour. Hopefully I can play tonight. I think it passed the test.”
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Kovalchuk; Elias-Henrique-Clarkson; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Matteau/Barch-Josefson-Butler.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Condra-Turris-Silfverberg, Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson, Daugavins-Smith-Neil, Dziurzynski-Grant-O’Brien. Greening is the extra skater. Defensive pairings: Gryba-Methot, Wiercioch-Phillips, Lundin-Gonchar are defence pairings.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, McClement-Grabovski-Kulemin, MacArthur-Kadri-Komarov, Orr-Steckel-McLaren-Brown.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Probable Blues lines: Blues Perron Backes Oshie-Schwartz Berglund Stewart -McDonald Steen Tarasenko-Sobotka Nicol Reeves.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Morrow-Benn-Jagr, Smith-Roy-Eriksson, Roussel-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers powerplay: Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov-Eberle-Whitney + Hall-RNH-Hartikainen-Hemsky-Potter.
- Dave Isaac via twitter: Ilya Bryzgalov will start in net for the Flyers.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Anton Khudobin will start in net for the Bruins tonight against the Sabres.
- Jeff Rimer via twitter: Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net for the Blue Jackets against the Kings.
Could the Avs hold onto Ryan O’Reilly until the Summer? E. Johnson out indefinitely … Franzen out … Caps lines
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Dater wouldn’t be surprised if Ryan O’Reilly isn’t traded until the summer or beyond. Especially since the Avs season has basically blown up already.
- B.D. Gallof via twitter: A source said that O’Reilly is looking for a 6 year deal and between $5 and $6 million per year.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson is out indefinitely with a head injury. Johnson, along with Gabriel Landeskog won’t accompany the team to their 2 game road trip. Defenseman Matt Hunwick and center John Mitchell will return to the lineup.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings Johan Franzen will miss tonight’s game with a hip flexor. Patrick Eaves returns to the lineup.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Chimera-Ribeiro-Ovechkin, Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Fehr-Perreault-Ward, Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: JS Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche against the Wild.
Lines and Starting goalies: Flyers, Penguins, Stars, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, Blues, Avalanche, Maple Leafs
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers lines: Briere-G-Simmonds; Read-Couts-Knuble; McGinn-Schenn-Vor; Fed-Talb-Rinaldo.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Penguins lines: Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis, Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal, Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy, Glass-Vitale-Adams.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars lines: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr; Whitney-Eakin-Ryder; Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour; Morrow-Roussel-Garbutt. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas; Rome-Daley; Oleksiak-Goligoski; Benn-Larsen.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Beagle-Crabb, Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Chimera-Ribeiro-Ward, Hendricks-MJ90/Perreault-Fehr.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders tonight.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tonight.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Brian Elliott will start for the Blues [today] and Jaroslav Halak will start on Friday.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Pretty sure that J.S. Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche [today] against the Flames.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals.
- James Mirtle via twitter: James Reimer will start in for the Maple Leafs against the Capitals.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Tomas Vokoun was the first goalie off the ice for the Penguins and likely starter.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Peter Forsberg will be retiring from hockey today after 2 games with the Avalanche. A 2:30 MT press conference has been called.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers will be looking for defenseman with a heavy shot or a PP QB and a center for Marian Gaborik. The Rangers may look at Bryan McCabe but won’t give up a top pick and top prospect to get him. Same goes for Tomas Kaberle who “is a poor defender hardly worth the price it would cost to get him” according to Brooks. The Rangers won’t be interested in Jason Spezza and Stephen Weiss as they are under contract beyond this season, and they will likely target Brad Richards if he becomes a UFA. They have Washington’s 2nd round pick, and may be interested in sending to New Jersey for Jason Arnott.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Look for there to be a couple deals this week, teams want to make some moves before the deadline.
- George Richards via twitter: Teams scouting the Panthers-Sharks game last night: Kings had 5 scouts, and 1 for Hurricanes, Devils, Senators, Penguins, Canadiens and Blackhawks.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Panthers GM Dale Tallon will not talk contract extensions with any of their UFA’s until after the season, but would consider talking to their RFAs, Keaton Ellerby, Mike Santorelli, Steve Bernier, and Jack Skille. UFA’sChris Higgins, Marty Reasoner, Darcy Hordichuk and Radek Dvorak could get some interest but don’t have a lot of value. Tomas Vokoun, Cory Stillman, and Bryan McCabe are also UFA’s that could bring back higher return.
- James Mirtle via twitter: James Reimer likely to get the start against the Bruins, JS Giguere will go against the Sabres on Wednesday.
Details to be released as available.. The posts will be as up-to-date as possible.
Update 1:01 JS Giguere for Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake. No pick involved, confirmed.
Players contracts below;
JS Giguere – $6 million salary, $6.5 million cap number. $7 million next season.
Vesa Toskala – UFA at seasons end. $4 million salary and cap number this year.
Jason Blake – $4.5 million this season. Cap number is $4 million. Under contract for 2 more years.
Update 12:34: JS Giguere and first round pick for Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake. Not confirmed.
Update 12:01: Confirmed moves include Ian White, Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Nic Hagman to Calgary Flames for Dion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom, and prospect Keith Aulie to the Leafs.
Players contracts below;
Matt Stajan – UFA at the end of the season. His contract is $1.75 million this season, his cap number is the same.
Niklas Hagman – $3 million this season, cap number is the same. 2 more years on his contract.
Ian White – RFA at the end of the season. $950,000 this year, cap number is $850,000
Jamal Mayers – UFA at the end of the season. $1.4 million this year, cap number is $1.333 million.
Phaneuf – $6.5 million this year (cap number the same). $7 million next year, $6.5 million in 11-12 and 12-13, $5.5 in 13-14.
Sjostrom – $750,000 this season, cap number the same. Under contract next season as well.
Aulie – signed an entry level contract this year. Playing the AHL.
Update 11:53: Phaneuf and a Calgary prospect to Toronto for Ian White and Matt Stajan. Prospect not named yet.
Update 11:46: Dion Phaneuf from Calgary Flames to Toronto Maple Leafs for Ian White and Matt Stajan. Details to be released as available..
Update 11:45 am: Vesa Toskala traded to Anaheim for J.S. Giguere and a first round pick.
Update 11:40 am: J.S. Giguere to Leafs..Details not released yet.
Update 11:25 am: Dion Phaneuf has been traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Details to follow…
“While details are few, sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs are on the verge of completing at least one trade today that will be viewed as a “major change.”
Specifics as to whether the deal will be for an upgrade in goal, or for offensive help, weren’t provided, however this deal and potentially others are very close to being completed.
When asked if these “major changes” were imminent, the source replied, “they should start happening today.”
Details to follow on TSN.ca”(Source: Darren Dreger of TSN)
Something has to give in the Big Smoke of Toronto, and according to Darren Dreger (who is a very reliable source for inside information) today is going to be very active, in fact “major changes” are imminent.
We’ll be covering this situation closely as the story breaks….
Brian Burke was a guest on the Fan 590 and Sportsnet’s ‘Hockey Central at Noon’ today (listen to interview). Burke shoots down Damian Cox’s article idea that adding Brendan Shanahan would be a good idea for the Leafs. He also states that if the Leafs have to, they will find a new goaltender, Burke and Wilson have talked about it. Burke’s not too worried about the Leafs finishing in dead last this season.
Darren Millard after the interview brought up the rumor that’s been floating in cyberspace for a long time, that the Leafs might look at bringing in J-S Giguere. Giguere is under contract for this season and next, at a cap number over $6 million.