- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Jaroslav Halak
- Mike Keenan: Will coach Magnitogorsk of the KHL next season.
- Craig Custance: Teemu Selanne after last night’s game: “I don’t really have to play but this has been so much fun. I just have to decide when it’s time.”
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher on head coach Mike Yeo.
“He’s our coach, he’s our coach,” Fletcher said by phone this morning.
Yeo will return for his third year. The Wild will also have decisions on UFA Niklas Backstrom.
“Like anybody pending unrestricted free agency, they’re going to have a vote in the matter too. We’ll sit down and talk with all of them and see whether they want to be here and what they’re looking to do and see what fits. That’s what the next two months will be about. We’ll obviously have to make some decision, but before, we have to break down our year and see where we need to put the money the most.”
No decision has been made if they’d buyout Dany Heatley or anyone else.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues GM Doug Armstrong said their goaltending situation is “cloudy” with Jaroslav Halak, Brian Elliott and Jake Allen.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Multiple sources have said that Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock “had a heated disagreement outside the club’s locker room” in the morning before Game 4. Halak was late for a meeting, then vented about lack of ice during the season. Halak was unhappy about not getting into the last game of the season after returning from a groin injury. Halak’s unhappiness was noted by the organization as early as Game 1, as he wasn’t giving full effort during their morning skate. He has only one year left on his deal with a $4.5 million salary and $3.75 million cap hit. Brian Elliott has one year left with a $1.9 million salary and $1.8 million salary cap hit. Jake Allen will be a RFA after this season.
- Arthur Staple of Newsday: Both Travis Hamonic and Josh Bailey (RFAs) are almost certain to return, but UFAs Mark Streit and Evgeni Nabokov and are not as certain. Streit is looking for a three year deal worth around $16 million. UFA Brad Boyes could be back, but only if he’s looking for a reasonable number.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: On what the Flyers could do come draft day. The Flyers could use a cornerstone defenseman. Many mocks have them targeting a tough Dman, either Rasmus Ristolainen or Darnell Nurse. With the 11th pick, GM Paul Holmgren is “confident” they’ll get a good player.
Roster and Goalie Notes: Senators, Canes, Bruins, Pens, Leafs, Canucks, Devils, Caps, Panthers, Blues and Predators
- Darren Dreger: Senators confirm that Erik Karlsson will be in the lineup tonight. Sidney Crosby is having more dental work done today.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Alexander Semin has a concussion.
- Boston Bruins: Nathan Horton not on the ice today. Last update, still day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Will DePaoli: Penguins Paul Martin is with the team. Pittsburgh Penguins: Martin won’t play tonight, but is hopeful for Saturday. Penguins: Brooks Orpik (lower-body), Joe Vitale (lower-body) and Sidney Crosby (dental work), remained in Pittsburgh. James Neal and Martin are back to full practice, but won’t play tonight.
- Michael Traikos: Looking like both Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren won’t play tonight for the Maple Leafs. Chris Johnston: McLaren has some neck soreness.
- Farhan Lalji: Canucks Keith Ballard will play forward tonight.
- Andrew Gross: Jared Staal will be on a line with Jordan Staal and Tuomo Ruutu.
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators lines: Greening-Smith-Alfredsson; Michalek-Turris-Conacher; Condra-Zibanejad-Silfverberg; Latendresse-Pageau-Neil. Brent Wallace: Defensive pairings: Methot Karlsson; Gryba Phillips; Gonchar-Cowen.
- Tom Gulitti: Devils lines: Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk; Elias-Zajac-Clarkson; Zubrus-Josefson-Sullivan; Carter-Gionta-Kostopoulos.
- Randy Sportak: Flames lines: Cammalleri-Stajan-Stempniak; Baertschi-Backlund-Hudler; Byron-Horak-Cervenka; Reinhart-Jones-Jackman. Randy Sportak: Defensive pairing: Giordano-Wideman; Brodie-Cundari; Butler-Babchuk.
- Stephen Whyno: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals.
- Steve Goldstein: Jacob Markstrom will start in net for the Panthers tonight.
- Lou Korac: Brian Elliott will start in net for the Blues, with Jaroslav Halak backing him up.
- Randy Sportak: Joey MacDonald will start in net for the Flames.
- Preds Radio: Chris Mason will start in net for the Predators.
- Mike Morreale: Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils.
- Damien Cox: The simple facts are: the Leafs talked to the Canucks this week about Roberto Luongo, they have some interest, and the price has dropped. Darren Dreger: Sources say the Canucks called the Maple Leafs to revisit talks. The Flames hope to have a better gauge on Miikka Kiprusoff this weekend. Dreger thinks that although there is interest in goalie options for the Maple Leafs, they are likely to nothing. TSN Radio: Bob McKenzie thinks the Maple Leafs want to bring in a veteran goaltender.
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: If someone offers a draft pick and a low-end prospect, the Canucks wouldn’t take it. They still think they can get a player that can help them now, and a piece or two for the future. The goalie market is crowded. Mike Smith, Jimmy Howard and Niklas Backstrom could all be free agents. The trade market could include Ryan Miller, Jonathan Bernier, Jaroslav Halak and either Ben Bishop or Craig Anderson.
- Bruce Garrioch: The Sabres are listening to offers for defenseman Robyn Regehr, but they haven’t ruled out giving him a contract extension.
- The Fourth Period: The Blackhawks had sent multiple scouts to watch Keith Yandle this week. He has three years left at $5.25 million. It’s unclear how deep talks have been. The Red Wings, Oilers and Flyers also like Yandle. The Blackhawks could offer Niklas Hjalmarsson, a young NHL player or top prospect and a draft pick. The Blackhawks are also interested in Derek Roy.
- Kevin Paul Dupont: An agent on the possibility of trading Martin St. Louis,
“No way,’’ said the agent. “Yzerman’s got kids there who he wants to be around St. Louis. He’s not going anywhere.’’
The Bruins could look at Sharks Dan Boyle, if they want to make their blue line a priority.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks GM Bob Murray is keeping quiet on their needs. They’ve gotten by without a second line center so far this season. Mike Ribeiro could be a rental option if he doesn’t re-sign with the Capitals. Derek Roy and Derick Brassard are other options.
Jaroslav Halak – St. Louis Blues: March 24th
Possible destinations: Blues and Capitals
Possible destinations: Blackhawks, Red Wings, Capitals, Islanders, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Coyotes, and Devils
Possible destinations: Flyers, Canucks, Kings, Islanders, Wild and Devils
Possible destinations: Flames, Panthers, Maple Leafs, Devils and Capitals
- Steve Simmons via twitter: Two scouts told Simmons Thursday night that the Blues Jaroslav Halak was on the trade block. Simmons asked GM Doug Armstrong who said: ”He’s not going anywhere.”
- Michael Smith via twitter: Hurricanes Eric Staal in visors: ”Why am I going to wait until that happens to me to put one on? Why not just put one on now?”
- Hockey Central via twitter: Kings GM Dean Lombardi on trade calls for Jonathan Bernier: ”I don’t know how much I can listen to them for how well he’s playing…. He’s been a critical part for us.”
- Hockey Central via twitter: GM Lombardi on trade deadline mind-set: ”Parity has kept everyone in the hunt, which means they’re not going to throw in that towel.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Internal management talks for the Kings over potential moves. They could be fairly active at the deadline.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: Sharks Ryane Clowe won’t play today, hopes to return on Monday. Clowe could be targeted by the Bruins, Canadiens and Maple Leafs.
“I hear it, like everyone else,” Clowe said. “I don’t pay too much attention to it. I‘m in the same position as Boyler, I really like it here. I understand things happen, but I would obviously like to stay here, too, and see this through. I haven’t had the year I’ve wanted, but that’s not affecting me, the trade rumors.”
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: (chat) Heika thinks that if the Stars make some moves, they’ll look to add prospects and draft picks. If they move Roy, they should look acquire the best 18-21 year old that they can from that team.
- Adam Kimelman of NHL.com: Pros and Cons of the Flames trading Mike Cammalleri. One season left on his deal with a $6 million cap hit. Nearly a point-per-game and the Flames may not be in full-scale roster overhaul. Any team that is looking to upgrade their second or third line should look at him. A proven goal-score that can play both wing and center.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: The Rick Nash trade cut into the Rangers depth, but they are built to win now.
“We’re always aggressive,” said Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton. “We’re always trying to get something that’s going to put us over the top and help us immediately and in the future.”
The Rangers are said to be interested Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, but are talking to more teams.
“We like to call as many teams as possible, see who’s available and don’t leave any stone unturned,” Gorton said. “We’re aggressive.”
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford has been actively looking for a defenseman. Justin Faulk’s injury adds to the urgency. There currently aren’t a lot of top-four defenseman available, and if one comes available, the price will be high.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Teams are calling about Ryane Clowe and Dan Boyle more than the Sharks are dangling them. It will take a substantial package to get either. The Sharks are trying to figure out how to keep Clowe more than trying to trade him. Teams are also calling about defenseman Douglas Murray, who will be a UFA at the end of the season.
Lines and Starters: Isles, Leafs, Rangers, Canadiens, Devils, Canucks, Hawks, Kings, Ducks, Flyers, Lightning and Blues
- NY Islanders via twitter: Islanders lines: Moulson-Tavares-Boyes, Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo, Cizikas-Aucoin-McDonald, Martin-Reasoner-Boulton-Joensuu. Defensive pairings: MacDonald-Hamonic, Streit-Martinek, Hickey-Visnovsky, Finley-Carkner.
- David Alter via twitter: Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, Lupul-Kadri-Frattin, MacArthur-Grabovski-Orr, Komarov-McClement-Kulemin-McLaren. Defensive pairings: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf, Liles-Holzer, Fraser-Franson, Komisarek-Kostka
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Nash-Richards-Gaborik Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan Miller-Boyle-Pyatt Haley-Halpern-Powe.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Ryder – Plekanec – Gionta;Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher;Galchenyuk – Eller – Dumont;Moen-White-Armstrong/Blunden.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Ponikarovsky-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Pesonen-Elias-Clarkson; Carter-Zajac-Bernier; Barch-Gionta-Kostopoulos. Devils pairings: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Volchenkov-Harrrold; Fayne.
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Canucks lines: Sedins-Burrows; Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen; Sestito-Lapierre-Pinizzotto; Higgins-Lapierre-Weise. Lappy double shifting.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Ray Emery will start in net for the Blackahawks tonight against the Avalanche.
- Jon Rosen via twitter: Jonathan Quick is the first off the ice and likely starter.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Viktor Fasth will start in net for the Ducks against the Sharks.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: It will be Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers against Anders Lindback and the Lightning.
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks against the Wild.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues tomorrow night against the Canucks. Jaroslav Halak will start against the Oilers.
- Kevin McGran via twitter: McGran is thinking that Maple Leafs center Tyler Bozak could get between Ryan Getzlaf’s $8.25 million and Mikhail Grabovski’s $5.5 million.
- Chris Johnson via twitter: Getzlaf’s contract breakdown: $6.5 million next year then $8.75 million, $9.25 million, $9.25 million, $9.025 million, $8.95 million, $8.275 million and $6 million.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Andrej Sekera is not likely to play on Sunday. Forward Ville Leinois also out according to coach Ron Rolston.
“We’re just trying to get him back into practice and get him quality practice time,” Rolston said. “Really grinding, get him in more competitive situations. It will be close. I don’t know when. I would doubt Sunday but certainly next week a strong possibility.”
- Jim Mamieson of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks are hoping to get top prospect Nicklas Jensen playing with their AHL affiliate in Chicago. They need to get permission from the OHL’s Oshawa Generals, who hold his CHL rights.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues against the Sharks. Jaroslav Halak will start against the Ducks.
Lines: Canes, Devils, Pens, Stars, and Avs … Goalies: Wings, Avs, Blues, Isles, Leafs, Devils, Sens and Lightning
- Michael Smith via twitter: Hurricanes lines: Tlusty-E. Staal-Semin, Skinner-J. Staal-LaRose, Jokinen-Nash-Dwyer, Dalpe/Bowman /Brent/Westgarth/Wallace. Defensive pairings: Harrison-Faulk, Corvo-McBain, Gleason-Sanguinetti.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk; Elias-Zajac-Clarkson; Ponikarovsky-Gionta-Bernier; Matteau-Sestito-Butler. Defensive pairings: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Tallinder-Fayne.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis Cooke-Jeffrey-Kennedy Glass-Vitale-Adams. Defensive pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Bortuzzo Eaton-Despres.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars lines: Morrow-Benn-Jagr; Roussel-Roy-Eriksson; Smith-Eakin-Cole; Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas; Benn-Daley; Goligoski-Oleksiak.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Avalanche’s morning lines: McGinn Mitchell Palushaj-Landeskog Stastny hejduk-McLeod Olver Jones -Bordeleau kobasew Palushaj. Defensive pairings: O’Byrne. Hunwick-Barrie Hejda-Zanon O’Brien.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get his first start for the Red Wings tonight.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Semyon Varlamov will start in net for the Avs against the Flames.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues tonight.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders tonight against the Maple Leafs.
- Mark Masters via twitter: Looking like James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils.
- Don Brennan via twitter: Robin Lehner will start in net for the Senators.
- Katie Strang via twitter: Mathieu Garon will be in net for the Lightning tonight against the Rangers.
- Pat Leonard via twitter: Rangers lines: “Hag-Step-Call, Pyatt-Rich-Gab, Miller-Boyle-Powe, Kreid-Halp-Nash (Nash in blue tho; could just be skating in Ash place”
- Wes Gilbertson via twitter: Flames lines: Tanguay-Stajan-Iginla, Glencross-Cammalleri-Stempniak, Hudler-Comeau-Baertschi, Aliu-Begin-Jackman
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- John Hoven via twitter: Jonathan Bernier will start in net for the Kings against the Red Wings.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Vitale-Adams.
- Gene Principe via twitter: Oilers lines and defensive pairings: Hall-RNH-Eberle,Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky,Eager-Belanger-Smyth,Hartikainen-VandeVelde-Paajarvi,Schultz-Schultz, Smid-Whitney,Fistric-Petry.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Morrow-Benn-Jagr. Smith-Roy-Eriksson. Roussel-Eakin-Ryder. Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt. Fraser odd man out. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas. Rome-Goligoski. Jordie Benn-Larsen. Trevor Daley (shoulder) not out there.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: New Canucks defensive pairings: Hamhuis-Bieksa, Tanev-Elder, Ballard-Garrison
- Chris Kerber via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues tonight.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Penguins.
Quick Hits: Kiprusoff, Reimer, Halak, Allen, Cammalleri, Malone, Letang, Regin, Carcillo, Montador, Kubina, Hordichuk, Taylor and Pandolfo
- Sportsnet 960 via twitter: The Flames are saying that Miikka Kiprusoff will be out approximately 2 more weeks with a sprained MCL.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer has a strained MCL and is out at least a week.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Blue goalie Jaroslav Halak (groin) will probably be out for a week. Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: The Blues have recalled goalie Jake Allen from the AHL.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames Mike Cammalleri is “good to go” on Wednesday against the Stars.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning Ryan Malone will now be out 3 to 4 weeks with a lower-body injury according to coach Boucher.
- Chris Nichols via twitter: Penguins defenseman Kris Letang could be a game-time decision tomorrow night against the Penguins.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Senators put Peter Regin on the IR retroactive to Saturday.
- Brian Hamilton via twitter: Blackhawks Daniel Carcillo skated today and could join teammates at practice later this week.
- Brian Hamilton via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Steve Montador (concussion) skated before practice today.
- Igor Eronko via twitter: Defenseman Pavel Kubina signed with Geneve-Servette the Swiss National League A.
- Ryan Rishaug via twitter: Oilers Darcy Hordichuk clears waivers.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: The Flames have put Danny Taylor on waivers. The Bruins put Jay Pandolfo on waivers.
- Anaheim Ducks via twitter: From Bruce Boudreau: Jonas Hiller’s lower-body injury is improving and should skate today. Defenseman Cam Fowler, out with an upper-body injury, is unlikely to play on the rest of their road trip.
- Chris Johnston of Sportsnet: Maple Leafs James Reimer was helped off the ice by John-Michael Liles with a leg injury and will undergo tests today.
“We don’t think it’s that serious at this point,” said Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. “He shouldn’t miss any extended period of time. … He’s probably going to miss some time, but it won’t be a long drawn out process.”
- Lou Korac via twitter: Blues Jaroslav Halak re-injured his groin in warmups. Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know Halak’s status moving forward.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning GM Steve Yzerman doesn’t think that Ryan Malone’s injury will be long-term. He’s been battling with the injury and it flared up during the pregame warmup.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left in the 3rd period of last night’s game after taking a check from Coyotes Martin Hanzal. He appeared to injury his shoulder or chest. Patrick Bordeleau also left the game with a hand injury. Matt Duchene, Milan Hejduk and Jamie McGinn left during the game but did return.