- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Jhonas Enroth
- Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press: Two sources have said that Jets RFA forward Alex Burmistrov has no-intention of re-signing with the team. Burmistrov wanted to be traded at the deadline and the Jets were trying too. Head coach Claude Noel and Burmistrov have had issues for two years, and hit a low when he was made a healthy scratch for four straight games. Names that reportedly came up when the Jets held talks with the Senators (Jakob Silfverberg), Sabres (Drew Stafford) and Islanders (Kyle Okposo). GM Kevin Cheveldayoff won’t let him go for nothing, but his market value is getting muddy. Burmistrov’s agent Mark Gandler would only say that he wasn’t going to sign in the KHL. The Jets haven’t held talks with RFA Zach Bogosian.
- David Staple of the Edmonton Journal: Should the Oilers buyout Shawn Horcoff? The 35-year old Horcoff’s game has been on the decline and he’s been injured in two of the past three seasons. Horcoff could also be blocking Anton Lander, if the Oilers feel he’s ready. If his salary cap hit isn’t an issue this year, than he still may be a valuable bottom-six forward to have. His salary cap hit may become an issue for season, so if he’s bought out, it would likely be next year and not this summer.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Jhonas Enroth on whether he’s ready to be the No. 1 in Buffalo if Ryan Miller is moved: “I’m ready.”
“I’ve been growing a lot,” Enroth said. “I want to play more. My goal is to be a starter one year in the NHL, and right now Ryan is the starter here. It’s kind of hard to take the job from him here, but we’ll see what happens.”
The Sabres could be dealing at the draft, which could include Miller, though moving goaltenders isn’t always easy.
“We get to the draft, and everything’s unpredictable,” Miller said. “I mean, everyone thought Luongo was going to get traded, and look where he is. He’s right where he is. … It’s just a weird landscape.”
- Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun: Pap lists possible coaching candidates for the Canucks: Dallas Eakins, Lindy Ruff, Dave Tippett, Scott Arniel and Tom Renney.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins Nathan Horton won’t travel with the team due to an upper-body injury he sustained in the fight with Jarome Iginla.
- Ian Mendes: Unlikely that Senators Erik Karlsson is in the lineup tonight.
- Will DePaoli: Penguins Kris Letang and Marc-Andre Fleury won’t be in the Penguins lineup tonight. Pittsburgh Penguins: Letang has foot poisoning. Beau Bennett has an upper-body injury. Fleury’s wife is expecting. Sidney Crosby, James Neal, Paul Martin and Evgeni Malkin all skated today.
- Kirk Penton: Jets Evander Kane didn’t skate this morning.
- Joanne Ireland: Oilers Magnus Paajarvi was hit in the foot with a shot against the Avalanche, and won’t be in the lineup. Eric Belanger will be in the lineup. Ryan Whitney will also play.
- Jim Jamieson: Canucks lines: Sedins-Burrows; Higgins-Roy-Kesler; Weise-Ebbett-Kassian; Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen.
- Kevin Kurz: Sharks defensive pairings: Vlasic/Stuart, Hannan/Boyle, Irwin/Braun.
- Bruce Garrioch: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tonight.
- John Vogl: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres.
- Dave Molinari: Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Penguins.
- Joanne Ireland: Nikolai Khabibulin will be in net for the Oilers.
- Jim Jamieson: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks.
- Eric Stephens: Viktor Fasth will start in net for the for the Ducks.
- Michael Russo: Niklas Backstrom will start in net for the Wild.
- Chris Kuc: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater thinks that the Avalanche will have to trade one of their centers at some point. Paul Stastny and Ryan O’Reilly are likely the two they’ll consider trading. O’Reilly can’t be moved until Feb. 28th of next year. If the Avalanche don’t finish last and therefore the No. 1 pick, they could try to trade up. They could offer up Stastny and their first for the No. 1 pick and a roster player.
- Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News: It looks like Ryan Miller’s time with the Buffalo Sabres may be at the end of the line. It’s hard to see Miller coming back next season after the way Friday’s game ended. Miller has a year left at $6 million, and there is little chance that he gets an extension from the team. He’s been very good through stretches, but only average in others. Miller said after Friday’s game that it reminded him of what Patrick Roy went through in Montreal.
“Well, I would love to have what happened after that,” Miller said. “Just saying. It doesn’t mean I want to leave, but if that’s what you’re getting at. [Roy] won two Stanley Cups after that so, hey, why not?”
Trading Miller would allow the Sabres to see if Jhonas Enroth could be a No. 1 goalie.
- Brendan Savage of MLive: The Red Wings will have to figure out if they want to re-sign Damien Brunner, and if so, for how much. He started off with 10 goals and six assists in the first 19 games, but only has 1 goal and 5 assists since. GM Ken Holland said that talks were put off until the offseason. Ansar Khan thinks they should re-sign him, but possibility to a shorter term contract and maybe for in the $2.5 million per year range. Savage is thinking a 4 year, $10 million deal.
- Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun: Oilers coach Ralph Krueger said UFA Ryan Jones needs to show that the Oilers should keep him around for next season and beyond.
“It’s very important for us to take a really good look at Ryan Jones,” said Krueger, who scratched the winger five times this season. “Give him the opportunity to be the player he can be for the Edmonton Oilers.”
Jones, also needs to decide if he wants to stay in Edmonton.
“It’s a two-way street,” he said. “It’s a matter of the team trying to decide whether or not I have a role here, and also me trying to decide whether or not this is going to be a place that’s best for my career moving forward.
“I like being here and I’m passionate about the organization, but it has to be healthy for me as a person and moving forward in my career. It’s not an automatic. It’s a two-way street and we’ll deal with it when the season ends.”
Lines and Starting Goalies: Devils, Jets, Hurricanes, Lightning, Bruins, Jackets, Isles, Rangers, Kings, Sabres and Blues
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Kovlachuk; Elias-Henrique-Clarkson; Matteau-Loktionov-Bernier; Carter-Gionta-Kostopoulos. Barch. Defensive pairings: Salvador-Volchenkov; Greene-Harrold; Tallinder-Zidlicky; Fayne-Larsson.
- Gary Lawless via twitter: Jets lines: Ladd-Little-Wheeler, Kane-Olli-Burm, Wright-Antro-Mittens, Tangradi-Slater-Welly
- Michael Smith via twitter: Justin Peters will start in net for the Hurricanes.
- Gary Lawless via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net for the Lightning.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Anton Khudobin will start in net for the Bruins.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Sergei Bobrosky will start in net for the Blue Jackets.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Johan Hedberg will start in net for the Devils.
- NY Islanders via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Henrik Lundqvist will start in net for the Rangers.
- Lisa Dillman via twitter: Jonathan Quick will start in net for the Kings.
- Buffalo Sabres via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues.
Lines and Starting goalies: Caps, Sens, Devils, Habs, Flames, Lightning, Flyers, Wings, Leafs, Isles, Sabres and Panthers
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Wolski-Ribeiro-Ovechkin, Chimera-Backstrom-Brouwer, Johansson-Crabb-Ward, Hendricks-Beagle-Fehr. Defensive pairings: Alzner-Green, Poti-Carlson, Schultz-Kundratek.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Zibanejad-Turris-Alfredsson, Michalek-Smith-Silfverberg, Greening-Regin-Neil, Condra-Da Costa-O’Brien.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk; Elias-Henrique-Clarkson; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Barch-Josefson-Butler. Extras: Matteau, Darche. Defensive pairings and goalies: Salvador-Fayne; Greene-Larsson; Volchenov-Zidlicky; Tallinder-Harrold. Goalies; Brodeur, Hedberg.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Pacioretty – Desharnais – Cole; Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta; Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher; Moen – Eller/White – Armstrong. Defensive pairings: Markov – Emelin; Gorges – Diaz; Bouillon – Subban; Kaberle – Weber.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Flames lines: Cammalleri-Tanguay Iginla-Cervenka Stajan Hudler-Glencross Backlund Stempniak-Begin Jones Comeau- Tim Jackman Out.
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: Lightning lines: Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis, Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell, Thompson-Hall-Crombeen, Pouliot-Pyatt-Labrie. Tyrell out. Defensive pairings: Hedman-Salo, Carle-Brewer, Aulie-Lee. Bergeron out.
- Wayne Fish via twitter: Flyers defensive pairings: Timonen-Schenn, Coburn-Gervais, Foster-Grossmann.
- George Sipple via twitter: Tomas Tatar will be on a line with Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Jimmy Howard will start in net for the Red Wings tonight against the Flames.
- Chuck Gormley via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals against the Maple Leafs.
- Kevin McGran via twitter: Ben Scrivens will start net in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Dave Isaac via twitter: Ilya Bryzgalov will start in net for the Flyers.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders against the Penguins.
- John Vogl via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres against the Senators.
- Harvey Fialkov via twitter: Scott Clemmensen will start in net for the Panthers.
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: Andres Lindback will start in net for the Lightning.
Lines, defensive pairing and starting goalies: Senators, Panthers, Red Wings, Sabres, Hurricanes, Blues, Predators, Lightning and Devils
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg, Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson, Greening-Smith-Neil, O’Brien-Regin-Condra. Daugavins will be a scratch. Defensive pairings: Karlsson-Methot, Gonchar-Philllips, Wiercioch-Benoit.
- George Richards via twitter: Alex Kovalev has joined Stephen Weiss and Tomas Fleischmann on the Panthers top line. Tomas Kopecky joins Jonathan Huberdeau and Peter Mueller.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Panthers lines: Fleischmann-Weiss-Kovalev, Huburdeau-Mueller-Kopecky, Upshall-Matthias-Shore and Skille-Smithson-Parros.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings defensive pairings: Kronwall-Lashoff, Quincey-Smith: Huskins-Kindl.
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres defensive pairings: Ehrhoff-Sulzer, Regehr-Myers and Leopold-Sekera. Weber and Brennan extras.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Looks like Ben Scrivens will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Jose Theodore is expected to start in net for the Panthers against the Senators.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tonight. Ben Bishop will likely start tomorrow against the Lightning.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Cam Ward is first off the ice and likely starter for the Hurricanes.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will be in net for the Sabres tonight.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks tonight.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jaroslav Halak will start in net for the Blues tonight.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Pekka Rinne will start in net for Predators.
- Tampa Bay Lightning via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net tomorrow against the Senators.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tomorrow against Capitals.
- European teams are on a 2 week break for national team play. Many NHLers who are playing overseas will be heading back to North America.
- Ted Kulfan via twitter: Red Wings Darren Helm will not need surgery.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jussi Jokinen appears to be heading back to Karpat on a short-term deal. Jokinen confirms it’s a 6 game deal.
- Jason Gregor via twitter: The Oilers Theo Peckham signed with the San Francisco Bulls of the ECHL.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Sabres Thomas Vanek has said goodbye to Austria and is returning to Buffalo. He scored 5 goals and added 10 assists in 11 games for Graz. He’ll wait to see how the negotiations go before deciding on whether to return Austria or not.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Sabres Jhonas Enroth has signed with the Almtuna in Sweden. The deal runs through January 6th, and likely has an out clause if the lockout ends.
- Pavel Lysenkov via twitter: Lightning prospect Andrei Vasilevsky said yesterday that he’ll play in North America next season.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Tomas Vokoun doesn’t have an agreement with Karlovy Vary despite what the team is announcing. He has no immediate plans to head overseas.
Player notes on Jensen, Hartnell, Enroth, Kaberle and Frattin … Rangers fine with Islanders move … No relocation, expansion planned
- Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun: Canucks prospect Nicklas Jensen will likely stay in Sweden if the NHL lockout ends, playing the entire season with AIK of the SEL.
“As our team is positioned right now we have a couple of extra forwards,” Gillis said. “He is doing extremely well there and to bring him over here for a short training camp, he’d be flying for 18 hours, you get here and it’s going to be pretty hard for him to crack our lineup.”
- Juha Hiitela via twitter: Savon Sanomat newspaper is reporting that Scott Hartnell will join KalPa of the Finnish league on November 15th. He’s a part owner of the team.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Hockeysverige is reporting that Jhonas Enroth signed with Huddinge of Sweden’s 3rd league, a 2 game contract.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Tomas Kaberle’s 1 month contract with Kladno has expired.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Maple Leafs Matt Frattin took part in his 1st full practice with the Marlies main group.
- Dan Rosen via twitter: Bettman said that the Brooklyn group are discussing ways to get the seating up to 15,000+, from the 14,500 currently for hockey.
- Kattie Strang via twitter: Sources say the Rangers need to approve the Islanders move to Brooklyn. It hasn’t officially been granted, but there doesn’t appear to be an issue.
- Dan Rosen via twitter: The Islanders move to Brooklyn doesn’t require the Board of Governors approval as they are moving within their own territory.
- Jesse Spector via twitter: Bettman, “We’re not looking to relocate franchises.” NHL also not considering expansion.
Blue Jackets getting closer … Vultures circling Avs … Roy can be had … Ward out with LBI … Nabokov – Isles to talk contract
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson: “We’re waiting for the right deals. We’re getting closer. But we’re not there yet.”
- The Globe and Mail: Burke has said he isn’t interested in adding a goalie at this point. They could look for one in the summer. Jhonas Enroth or Anders Lindback or any other goalie not going to Columbus could be available.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: “The vultures are circling around the Avs.” They could begin selling soon.
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun: The Sabres are looking to move Derek Roy. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he won’t be looking to add another goalie.
“I like our goalies,” Holmgren said, presumably with a straight face. “They believe they are going to play better. They are not happy with their performances either. They both realize they have to play better.”
Colorado could be sellers by the end of the week, and JS Giguere could be available. He carries $1.25 million cap hit, and has 1 year left on his deal.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News: Derek Roy’s days in Buffalo could be numbered. He has another year at $4 million, which may make him attractive to some.
“Right now, this is my team,” Roy said. “I’m not a GM. I have no idea what they’re going to do. All I can do is play for my team, play for my linemates, go out every night like it was my first year and play as hard as I can every game.”
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: Ty Conklin has been put on waivers by the Red Wings.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Justin Peters will start in net for the Hurricanes tonight as Cam Ward is out with a lower-body injury. “I’m not going to take any chances (with Ward),” Muller said. “We’ve got a lot of games in March. … We need to assess (the injury) and stay on it and make sure it doesn’t get worse. Before he goes back in the net he needs to be 100 percent and ready to go.”
- Arthur Staple of Newsday: Evgeni Nabokov’s agent, Don Meehan, said that negotiations with the Islanders will “start soon.” Isles GM Garth Snow would not comment.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning center Vinny Lecavalier left practice with a lingering upper-body injury. It’s not believed to be serious.
- Gene Principe via twitter: Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin will be out 7-10 days with a groin injury. Yann Danis has been recalled. Dan Tencer via twitter: Potential trade partners for Khabibulin don’t like the extra year on his deal.
- Jeff Veillette via twitter: The Blue Jackets and Senators are scouting the Leafs AHL team today.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Perreault-Brouwer, Chimera-Johansson-Semin, Hendricks-Laich-Knuble, Beagle-Halpern-Ward.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators. Zenon Konopka and Matt Carkner are scratches.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Mathieu Garon will start in net for the Lightning tomorrow against the Ducks.
- Rob Longley via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net for the Maple Leafs tomorrow. Joffrey Lupul and Carl Gunnarsson will be in.
- Tarik El-Bashir via twitter: Capitals GM George McPhee said that defenseman Mike Green will travel with the team and could play this weekend.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said that Jimmy Howard will start on Sunday against the Sharks. Danny Cleary had fluid drained from his knee on Tuesday and is on track to return this week or next.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Nicklas Backstrom is doing off ice work, but not ready for skating yet. His return is uncertain.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Bruins Rich Peverley is heading back to Boston to have his right knee examined.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Ott-Benn-Vincour. Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder.Nystrom-Fiddler-Dvorak. Dowell-Wandell-Burish. Kari Lehtonen will start in net.
- David Pollak via twitter: Dwyane Roloson and the Lightning will face Antti Niemi and the Sharks.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Niklas Backstrom will start in net for the Wild.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Ilya Bryzgalov will start in net for the Flyers.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Martin Biron is the first off the ice and likely starter.
Afternoon notes involving Nabokov, Blue Jackets, Kovalchuk, Green, Zetterberg, Connolly, Komisarek, Hagman and Starting goalies
- Chris Botta via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov is dying to leave the Islanders. The Islanders are dying to get down to 2 goalies. His family is still in California.
- Katie Strang via twitter: As of 9 am this morning, Evgeni Nabokov hasn’t been asked to waive his no-trade clause.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: It’s looking like no further trades are imminent for the Blue Jackets. They are in talks that could lead to further moves. “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils winger Ilya Kovalchuk won’t play in either game this weekend. Martin Brodeur will start in net tonight, Johan Hedberg will go against Washington. Forward lines: Sykora-Elias-Zubrus; Parise-Henrique-Palmieri; Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson; Zharkov-Mills-Janssen.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals defenseman Mike Green will be a game-time decision. Katie Carrera via twitter: Sources are saying that Green will play tonight.
- Bill Roose via twitter: Mike Babcock said that Henrik Zetterberg will be a game-time decision.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said that Tyler Kennedy won’t be in the lineup tonight, and that Eric Tangradi is in.
- Vicki Hall via twitter: Niklas Hagman has cleared waivers and assigned to the AHL.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs center Tim Connolly is at least a week away from returning.
- Lance Hornby via twitter: Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek is getting x-rays done today on his hand after taking a slash from Jason Arnott. Cody Franson would get back into the lineup if Komisarek is out.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres tonight against the Senators. Ryan Miller will be in net tomorrow against the Bruins.
- Seth Rorabaugh via twitter: Marc-Andre Fleury will be in net tonight. Tomorrow’s start has not been named.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines at practice: Lupul-Connolly-Kessel, MacA-Grabo-Kulie, Crabb-Bozak-Lombardi, Dupuis-Steckel-Brown, Orr-Rosehill.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Likely Senators lines: Michalek-Spezza-Greening, Foligno-Da Costa-Butler, Daugavins-Smith-Neil, Filatov-Winchester-Condra
- Roger Millions via twitter: Henrik Karlsson will start in net for the Flames tonight against the Sabres. John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres.
- Lou Korac via twitter: Brian Elliott will start in net for the Blues tonight against the Canucks.
- Nick Williams via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start in net for the Lightning tonight.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Looking like Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals tonight against the Hurricanes.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Josh Harding will start in net for the Wild tomorrow against the Blues.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tomorrow against the Jets.