- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Jiri Tlusty
Granlund out 2-4 weeks, Brodin out 8 … Korpikoski re-ups with TPS … Tlusty could head to KHL … DiPietro says he’s not injured
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild’s Mikael Granlund will be out 2 to 4 weeks with a lateral right ankle sprain. He’s in a walking boot and rehabbing in Houston.
“He’ll be able to start doing more next week and is walking pretty good, but we wanted to make sure, and mercifully, this is not the worst case scenario,” Fletcher said. “It’s relatively good news. It’s not a knee or high ankle sprain or anything like that. It’s a common ankle sprain.”
In the same game that Granlund was injured, Jonas Brodin broke is clavicle and is out for at least 8 weeks. Brodin was meeting with doctors yesterday afternoon to determine if they’ll allow the bone to heal by itself or to insert a plate.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Coyotes Lauri Korpikoski signed a 6 game contract with TPS. He had played 5 games for them already, scoring 4 goals and adding 6 assists.
- Jason Lockhark of SF Bulls.com: The SF Bulls signed Ryane Clowe yesterday, and he’ll practice with the team on Thursday.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Jiri Tlusty may be leaving Kladno to head to Atlant Mytishchi of the KHL soon. He could return to Kladno in January if the lockout continues.
- Brett Cyrgalis of the NY Post: Rick DiPietro said it’s “not true at all” of the reports from a German newspaper that he has a groin injury. “I’m feeling good,” DiPietro wrote in a text message, “and I’m looking forward to the next game.”
- Szymon Szemberg via twitter: The coach/GM/owner of Geneva-Servette of the Swiss league said he’s in negotiations with Anze Kopitar.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Jason Demers will be playing Oulu in SM-liiga in Finland.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Nikolai Kulemin will be finalizing a deal with Metallurg. Michal Handzus will play with Banska Bystrica in Slovakia.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Ondrej Pavelec will play with HC Trinec of the Czech League.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Andrei Markov is not going to the KHL. Evgeni Nabokov is entertaining offers.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Jussi Jokinen has a contract with Karpat in Finland for 1 month. He’ll be taking it 1 month at a time.
- Juha Hittela via twitter: Scott Hartnell said he wants to play in KalPa. Kalpa’s GM said that Adam Hall is a possibility.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pekka Rinne, Mikko and Saku Koivu, and Teemu Selanne are getting interest from Finnish clubs.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Alexei Ponikarovsky will play with Donbass Donetsk of the KHL. Ruslan Fedotenko also signed with Donbass.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jiri Tlusty said last week he’s probably heading to Kladno.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues would like Vladimir Tarasenko to stay until at least November.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Weaker rumors of players going overseas: M. Koivu, Korpikoski to TPS; Filppula, Selänne to Jokerit; Ekman-Larsson to Tingsryd; Grossmann to Södertälje.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: “Those asking SB do count against cap. His cap hit will be far less over entire contract. Yr 1 of 12M/2M salary guarantee’s Parise lockout $” … “#NHL teams presenting will also be asked to pay 2nd 12M SB to Parise next July 1st. That’s 24M guaranteed over 1 yr Nice eh. “
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Senators and Maple Leafs are just 2 of the teams that have contacted the Sharks about Doug Murray. Burke made an offer at the draft for Murray.
- Craig Custance via twitter: No last minute deal for Matt Carle and Flyers. He’ll hit the open market.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: The Lightning will be pressing hard for a top 4 Dman today. If they can’t sign one, they’ll look to trade for one.
- Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun: The Flames may be looking for a top 6 forward, but with the looks of the UFA market, they may have to go the trade route. Jaromir Jagr could be one free agent they look at. Forwards they could consider are: Jiri Hudler, Alex Semin, Shane Doan, Brad Boyes, Brandon Prust, Jordin Tootoo and Zenon Konopka. Jay Bouwmeester trade rumors are still out there. It would be ideal if someone would take Anton Babchuk.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: The Wild will be trying to do everything they can to sign Zach Parise, and will look to make a move quickly. They’ll be going head-to-head with the Penguins and Red Wings. The Wild may have a better chance to sign Ryan Suter, who’s not in a hurry to sign a deal. If waiting on Suter and your plan B is Jason Garrison or Matt Carle, you may miss out on them. The Wild could be interested in Dustin Penner, Peter Mueller, Brandon Prust, Torrey Mitchell. They are expected to make a run at Jamie Langenbrunner.
- Farhan Lalji via twitter: Kevin Bieksa re-signs with the Canucks for 5 years, $23 million. It’s a $4.6 million cap hit.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Andreas Nodl re-signs with the Flyers for 2 years, at $845,000 per season.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Heard at the draft that Lightning and Steven Stamkos are not close on a deal. Teams can submit offer sheets July 1st.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Flyers have traded Darroll Powe to the Wild for a 2013 3rd round pick.
- Philadelphia Flyers via twitter: Jonathon Kalinski, Wayne Simmonds and Jakub Voracek receive qualifying offers from the Flyers.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Alzner, Varlamov, Brouwer, Perreault and Bouchard receive qualifying offers from the Capitals.
- St. Louis Blues via twitter: TJ Oshie, Ben Bishop and Ryan Reaves receive qualifying offers from the Blues.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jiri Tlusty and Troy Bodie were not given qualifying offers by the Hurricanes, but either or both could be re-signed.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Alexandre Picard wasn’t given a qualifying offer and will become a UFA.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Smaby, Lundin, Mahalik, Quick (signed AHL contract), Berry, Giliati, Levi Nelson and Szczechura were not given qualifying offers by the Lightning. Lundin talks continue, and a deal could be done by Friday.
It was a game that left you shaking your head if you’re a fan, and a light chuckle if you’re an Islanders fan. Dwayne Roloson, 1-6 versus the Leafs heading in to the game, came up with a career game. It ended up a 4-3 OT victory for the Isles, but it was the shots on goals numbers that stood out; Isles 21, Leafs 61. The Leafs could not buy goal.
Speaking of buying, the Leafs have been rumored to be trying to use their financial clout and bring in Brent Sopel for a high draft pick. There are 2 takes on this
In the “Leafs Report” of Mark Zwolinski’s Toronto Star article (Mark might not have written the Leafs Report), a Jiri Tlusty to Chicago for Brent Sopel and a 2nd round draft trade still has some legs.
From Steve Simmons Toronto Sun article: Burke thought he was close to completing 2 trades, one of which was Sopel, but as of Monday both deal appeared dead.
In Simmons article, Burke once again talks about sending big contracts to the minors, a threat he can make happen without consulting ‘The Board”, but a threat he’s been saying since last April. Once again saying, “If we keep losing, that’s the next step”. Someone threw out Jason Blake’s name as a player who’s contract could be buried, Burke responded with “Does anyone on this team work harder than Jason Blake? There has to be an element of fairness in this.”My first thought to this was, ‘Does anyone on this team work so hard and accomplish so little?’. I’m sure you could call up someone $3.5 million dollars cheaper, to work hard and accomplish little.
Also in last night’s heartbreaking loss, the Leafs lost John Mitchell and Vesa Toskala to injury (Zwolinski article). Toskala pulled him self from the game after allowing 3 goals on 7 shots in the second period with an apparent groin injury, Joey MacDonald will be at practice today. Mitchell’s injury may be more serious and could be out for an extended period of time, but it won’t be confirmed until they get the MRI results.