- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Kari Lehtonen
Lines and Starting Goalies: Senators, Hurricanes, Leafs, Devils, Blackhawks, Stars, Ducks and Oilers
All from twitter
- Brent Wallace: Senators lines: Latendresse Turris Alfredsson; Greening Zibanejad Silfverberg; Dziurzynski Smith Neil; Kassian Regin Condra. Defensive pairings: Methot Gryba; Wiercioch Gonchar; Phillips Lundin.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes lines: Tlusty-E. Staal-Semin, Skinner-J. Staal-LaRose, Ruutu-Nash-Dwyer, Bowman-Jokinen-Wallace/Westgarth-Brent-Hall.
- David Alter: Maple Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin, Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin, Orr-McClement-McLaren. Defensive pairings: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf, Gardiner-Kostka, Fraser-Franson.
- Tom Gulitti: Devils lines: Elias-Zajac-Clarkson; Henrique-Loktionov-D’Agostini; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Pesonen-Sestito-Kostopoulos; Extra: Barch.
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks lines: Saad-Toews-Frolik; Hayes-Bolland-Kane; Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg; Bollig-Kruger-Mayers.
- Mike Heika: Stars lines: Nystrom-Benn-Jagr. Whitney-Roy-Eriksson. Smith-Eakin-Cole. Roussel-Fiddler-Vincour. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas. Goligoski-Daley. Rome-Larsen.
- Jonas Siegel: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
- Eric Stephens: Viktor Fasth will start in net for the Ducks.
- Edmonton Oilers: Devan Dubnyk will start in net for the Oilers.
- Mike Heika: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche’s Matt Duchene missed last night’s game with a groin injury. The Avs are hoping that it isn’t long-term, but no timetable is set.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Johan Franzen, Brendan Smith and Kyle Quincey are all returning to the Red Wings lineup. Valtteri Filppula was injured on Sunday and it’s hoped that he won’t be out long.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars coach Glen Gulutzan said that Kari Lehtonen is probable for Thursday.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets Derick Brassard left last night’s game with an upper-body injury and didn’t return.
Injury Updates: Nash, Wisniewski, Johansson, Clutterbuck, Bourque, Brodeur, Malone, Lehtonen, Reimer, Frattin, Steen and McDonald
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers Rick Nash doesn’t think he’ll be ready to go tonight. He won’t say what the injury is, saying it was a few things. When asked directly if it was a concussion, Nash said he wasn’t a doctor.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski is out “long term” with a broken bone in his foot.
- Brian McNally via twitter: The Capitals put Marcus Johansson on the IR with an upper-body injury retroactive to February 7th. He can be activated at any time.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild put Cal Clutterbuck on the IR. He’s likely to miss at least 4 more games.
- Montreal Canadiens via twitter: Rene Bourque has a concussion.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will see a doctor today. It’s still possible that he’ll make the trip with the team to Winnipeg.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning’s Ryan Malone said he’s not sure if he’ll travel with the team when they leave on their 4-game road trip, but indicated he could join them at some point on it.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars Kari Lehtonen isn’t ready just yet, but expects to be ready for Thursday.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Maple Leafs James Reimer and Matt Frattin might be available for Thursday’s game against the Islanders. Colton Orr will be ready for tomorrow. Mike Brown is out with a lower-body injury.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Blues Alex Steen and Andy McDonald both went down with an injury on the same drill at practice today.
Injury Notes: Read, Skinner, Howard, Nash, Atkinson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Lehtonen and Daley
- Anthony SanFilippo via twitter: Flyers Matt Read left last night’s game with an upper-body injury and did not return.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes announced that Jeff Skinner has sustained a concussion. He suffered the concussion during Maple Leafs game after taking a couple hard hits and going head first into the boards. Skinner felt okay after the game, and even took part in practice the next day. The Hurricanes had Saturday off and by Sunday he was unable to practice.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that goalie Jimmy Howard is cleared and able to play today. Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Holland said that ”all tests have shown nothing.”
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Rangers Rick Nash didn’t travel with the team to Ottawa as he is “believed to be suffering the after-effects of a blow he took from Milan Lucic in Boston a week ago in which his head was driven into the glass by the Bruins’ winger.”
- Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch: Blue Jackets Cam Atkinson (high ankle sprain) and Artem Anisimov (bruised foot) are expected to return to the lineup tonight against the Red Wings. Brandon Dubinsky injured his left knee on Saturday and “it might be a week or two weeks,” according to coach Todd Richards said. Yesterday’s lines and defensive pairings: Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson, Calvert-Anisimov-Foligno, Prospal-Letestu-Dorsett, Gillies-MacKenzie-Boll; Tyutin-Nikitin, Johnson-Aucoin, Erixon-Wisniewski. Also skating: Moore, Drazenovic and Collins. The Blue Jackets assigned center Nick Drazenovic to the AHL to make room for Atkinson.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers Scott Hartnell has been cleared to return to practice but won’t get back into the lineup for another 7-10 days.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen didn’t skate yesterday but according to coach Glen Gulutzan,
“He’s making progress,” Gulutzan said. “We’re working him out pretty hard and he hasn’t had any problems with it, so the injury hasn’t gotten worse. That’s a good sign. He’s gone hard with therapy and rehab, so he is certainly ahead of the injury that he had last year (which kept him out 12 games). It’s not to the same extent.”
Defenseman Trevor Daly has stiffness in his neck and hopes to return soon.
Injury notes: Hartnell, Leighton, Green, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lehtonen and starting goalies
- Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Flyers Scott Hartnell skated on Friday but there is no change to his 4 to 8 week timetable. He met with doctors on Friday. It’s been 3 weeks since he broke a bone in his foot. Michael Leighton is 7 to 10 days away from returning from an upper-body injury.
- Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times: Capitals defenseman Mike Green made the trip with the team to New York but his status for the game is uncertain due to a lower-body injury.
- George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Mikael Samuelsson will return to the lineup today after missing the last 12 games. The odds of Pavel Datsyuk returning today are greater than 50%. He missed Friday’s game with a bruised shoulder. Johan Franzen was placed on the IR yesterday with a hip flexor. Petr Mrazek will start in net today for the Wings.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: The Flames have re-assisgned goalie Leland Irving and recalled Danny Taylor from Abbotsford of the AHL.
- Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun: The Flame put Blair Jones on waivers. Joey MacDonald will start in net for the Flames against the Stars today.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Kari Lehtonen’s groin injury will keep him out for at least a week. He’s on the IR. Richard Bachman is expect to start today.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Ray Emery will start in net today for the Blackhawks.
Injury notes: Lehtonen, Crawford, Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, Versteeg, Leino, Michalek, Brown and Gardiner
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen left last night’s game in the first period with a groin injury. He’s listed as day-to-day.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Blackhawks Corey Crawford is day-to-day with an upper body injury. Chris Kuc via twitter: Henrik Karlsson has been recalled.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: The Red Wings have put Todd Bertuzzi on the IR and have recalled Gustav Nyquist.
- Harvey Fialkov via twitter: Panthers Ed Jovanovski is out another 2 weeks.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Panthers Kris Versteeg is doubtful for today’s game with a upper-body soreness.
- John Vogl via twitter: Sabres Ville Leino on rehabbing his hip injury: ”You can’t take forever. At some point you’re just going to have to say if it doesn’t work out then there’s nothing much you can do about it.” Leino was comparing his rehab to (inevitable) surgery on his hip.
- Ken Warren via twitter: Senators Milan Michalek is out with a twisted knee. Ottawa Senators via twitter: Michalek won’t be available today, but he could play on Monday.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Maple Leafs activate Mike Brown from the IR. Jake Gardiner is also ready to be recalled but there is not plan to do so at the moment.
Scratches, Lines and goalies: Oils, Rangers, Sabres, Sens, Devils, Caps, Pens, Isles, Ducks, Blackhawks, Stars, Bruins and Jets
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers winger Ryan Smyth and defenseman Ryan Whitney appear to be scratched tonight.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers Brian Boyle will be scratched again. Eminger and Bickel are also out.
- Ken Warren via twitter: Tyler Myers will return to the Sabres lineup tonight.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators lines: Michalek-Zibanejad-Alfredsson;Greening-Turris-Silfverberg;Condra-Smith-Neil;Daugavins-Da Costa-O’Brien. Defensive pairings: Karlsson-Methot; Gonchar-Lundin;Wiercioch-Phillips. Benoit could be sitting.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils lines: Matteau-Zajac-Kovalchuk; Elias-Henrique-Clarkson; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Barch-Josefson-Butler.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Chimera-Ribeiro-Ovechkin, Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Fehr-Perreault-Ward, Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb.
- Edmonton Oilers via twitter: Oilers lines: Hall-RNH-Eberle Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky Paajarvi-Belanger-Hartikainen Eager-Smyth-Petrell.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Boychuk-Malkin-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams (Tangradi, Vitale). Defensive pairings: Orpik-Martin Engelland-Bortuzzo Despres-Reese Niskanen-Letang.
- New York Islanders via twitter: Islanders lines:Moulson-Tavares-Boyes, Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo, Grabner-Aucoin-McDonald-Reasoner, Ullstrom-Cizikas-Martin-Boulton.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks lines: Kyle Palmieri-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry, Emerson Etem-Bobby Ryan-Teemu Selanne, Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Daniel Winnik. Matt Beleskey-Nick Bonino-Brad Staubitz. Defensive pairings: Sheldon Souray-Francois Beauchemin, Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman, Bryan Allen-Ben Lovejoy.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Chicago lines: Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp-Dave Bolland-Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell-Andrew Shaw-Viktor Stalberg, Brandon Bollig/Jamal Mayers-Marcus Kruper-Michael Frolik. Defensive pairings: Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalarmasson-Johnny Oduya, Nick Leddy-Michal Rozsival.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines: Morrow-Benn-Jagr, Eriksson-Roy-Ryder, Smith-Eakin-Vincour, Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas, Rome-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen.
- Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Bruins lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Scott Clemmensen will be in net for the Panthers against Braden Holtby and the Capitals.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks Viktor Fasth will face Corey Crawford and the Blackhawks.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars Kari Lehtonen will face Devan Dubnyk and the Oilers.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Henrik Lundqvist will be in net for the Rangers tonight.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators.
- Update: Gary Lawless via twitter: Al Montoya will start in net for the Jets tonight.
Quick Hits: Grabovski, waivers, Malone, Johansson, Laich, lines and starting goalies for today and tomorrow
- Bob McKenzia via twitter: There will be no supplemental discipline for Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski. The NHL said that it couldn’t determine conclusively if Grabrovski bit Max Pacioretty or not. Darren Dreger via twitter: The safety department said that it went to great lengths in search of the truth.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: Sabres Matt Ellis clears waivers. The Oilers put Darcy Hordichuk on waivers.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Ryan Malone suffered a lower-body injured before the Lightning-Rangers game. He was injured during their “pregame kick-around with a soccer ball.”
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Marcus Johansson will not travel with the team on their trip to Florida. He’s day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Brooks Laich will travel with the team to Florida. As of this morning, coach Adam Oates wasn’t sure if he has been cleared for contact yet.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Canadiens lines: Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta; Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher; Prust-Desharnais-Cole, Moen-Eller-Armstrong.
- Brent Wallace via twitter: Senators lines: Michalek Zibanejad Alfredsson; Silfverberg Turris Greening; Condra Smith Neil; O’Brien Da Costa Daugavins
- NY Islanders via twitter: Rick DiPietro will start in net for the Islanders tonight.
- David Alter via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- David Pollak via twitter: Steve Mason will start in net for the Blue Jackets tonight. Kevin Kurz via twitter: Thomas Greiss is expected to start tonight.
- Jon Rosen via twitter: Jonathan Bernier was the first off the ice for the Kings, and likely starter.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Braden Holtby will start in net for the Capitals tomorrow.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tomorrow.
- Wayne Scanlan via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tomorrow.
Roster notes and Starting goalies: Sens, Sabres, Isles, Panthers, Stars, Leafs, Rangers, Flyers, Pens and Wild
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators Jason Spezza didn’t practice yesterday, and didn’t take part in the morning skate. Brett Wallace via twitter: Spezza is out. Daniel Alfredsson and Mika Zibanejad are in.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Sabres Thomas Vanek will be back in the lineup tonight. Mike Harrington via twitter: Sabres Robyn Regehr is out tonight with a lower-body injury. Weber and Brennan are in.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Maple Leafs defesneman Mike Komisarek got a fibreglass chip in his eye at practice yesterday. (Won’t play tonight)
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Canadiens defenseman Tomas Kaberle is back in the lineup tonight. Yannick Weber will sit.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Casey Cizikas will be in the lineup for Eric Boulton. Travis Hamonic is a game-time decision.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers Drew Shore is back in the lineup. Strachan and Santorelli will be scratched.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Eller – Desharnais – Cole; Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher; Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta; Moen – White – Armstrong; Blunden out.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Johan Hedberg will start in net tonight for the Devils against the Bruins.
- David Alter via twitter: Ryan Miller is first off the ice, and likely starter for the Sabres against the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Henrik Lundqvist will start of the Rangers against Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Marc-Andre Fleury will start in net for the Penguins tonight.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders tonight against the Penguins.
- George Richards via twitter: Jose Theodore will start in net for the Panthers tonight.
Lines and Starting goalies: Capitals, Maple Leafs, Stars, Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Avalanche and Bruins
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals lines: Ovechkin-Beagle-Crabb, Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer, Chimera-Ribeiro-Ward, Hendricks-Perreault/Johansson-Fehr.
- David Alter via twitter: Maple Leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, McClement-Grabovski-Kulemin, Frattin-Kadri-Komarov, Brown-Steckel-Orr. MacArthur missing. Defensive pairings: Phaneuf-Kostka; Gunnarsson Komisarek; Liles-Franson; Gardiner-Fraser.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars lines this morning: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt. Defensive pairings: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy, out with a groin injury, is not on the trip. Rich Evans via twitter: Jamie Benn’s visa was settled, he’ll be playing tonight.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tonight against the Blue Jackets. Columbus Dispatch: Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net for the Blue Jackets tonight.
- Dave Vest via twitter: Chad Johnson will start in net for the Coyotes tonight against the Predators.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals tomorrow. His fourth straight start.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Semyon Varlamov will start in net for the Avalanche tonight against the Oilers.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Anton Khudobin will start in net for the Bruins against the Hurricanes.
Kari Lethonen signed a 5 year contract extension with the Dallas Stars worth $29.5 million. A $5.9 million salary cap hit.
John Carlson signed a 6 year contract extension with the Washington Capitals worth $23.8 million. Mike Morreale via twitter: Carlson will get $3.8 million in 2012-13 and $4 million from 2013-14 through 2017-18.
Morning notes: Sedin, Hall, Horcoff, Sutton, Gagne, Parise, Harding, Spurgeon, Backstrom, Vokoun, Zuccarello and Keith suspension video
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Henrik Sedin said Daniel suffered his first concussion.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers Taylor Hall has been off the ice for the last 2 days. He won’t play on Sunday. Captain Shawn Horcoff left last night’s game with a sore back. Defenseman Andy Sutton has a minor knee issue.
- Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider: Kings Simon Gagne has been out since December 26th with a concussion, continues to skate but hasn’t practiced and won’t travel with the team on their 4 game road trip. If he’s not cleared for practice soon, the chances of him playing this year are not high. When asked if Gagne will play again this year, GM Dean Lombardi said “Doubt it.”
- The Fouth Period: It’s believed the Wild will try to sign Zach Parise this offseason if he’s not re-signed by the Devils before July 1st. Goalie Josh Harding is expected to test the open market and is not likely back with the Wild. The Lightning, Maple Leafs, Blue Jackets and Senators could take a look at Harding.
- Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune: Wild Jared Spurgeon is out with a concussion. Niklas Backstrom and Matt Kassian didn’t travel with the team.
- Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post: Capitals goalie Tomas Vokoun skated yesterday for 30 minutes and took some shots.
“Hopefully it stays the same and I can do a little bit more tomorrow,” Vokoun said after an extremely sparsely attending morning skate. “Then we’ll see, maybe shoot for some time next week.”
- Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News: Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello fractured his left wrist last night.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tonight.
- Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith was suspended for 5 games for his elbow on Canucks Daniel Sedin.