- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Logan Couture
- Aaron Ward via twitter: Each player will receive a $10,000 stipend from the NHLPA Executive Board.
- Kevin Kurz via twitter: Logan Couture has left his Switzerland team for “personal reason” according to his agent, John Thornton.
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Penguins Tanner Glass will be joining HC Banska Bystrica of the Slovakia Extraliga.
- Szymon Szemberg via twitter: Swiss media is reporting that Ambri-Piotta wants to sign Matt Duchene. Duchene’s deal with Frolunda expires on December 9th.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Wild’s Mikael Granlund will likely to rejoin the AHL Aeros later this week.
Here is a list of players that have signed contracts to play overseas during the NHL lockout.
We will continue to update as long as players keep signing.
|Player||2012-13 NHL Team||Lockout Team||League|
|Artem Anisimov||Columbus||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Nik Antropov||Winnipeg||HC Barys||KHL|
|Anton Babcuk||Calgary||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Nicklas Backstrom||Washington||HC Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Niklas Backstrom||Minnesota||Dynamo Minsk||KHL|
|Matt Beleskey||Anaheim||Coventry||EIHL (UK)|
|Jamie Benn||Dallas||Hamburg Freezers||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Sean Bergenheim||Florida||HIFK Helsinki||SM-liiga|
|Patrice Bergeron||Boston||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Patrik Berglund||St. Louis||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jonathan Bernier||Los Angeles||Heilbronner Falken||ESBG (Ger)|
|Sergei Bobrovsky||Columbus||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Damien Brunner||Detroit||EV Zug||KHL|
|Ilya Bryzgalov||Philadelphia||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Roman Cervenka||Calgary||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Zdeno Chara||Boston||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|David Clarkson||New Jersey||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Erik Condra||Ottawa||EV Fussen||Oberliga (Ger)|
|Logan Couture||San Jose||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Matt D’Agostini||St. Louis||SC Ressersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Pavel Datsyuk||Detroit||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Kaspars Daugavins||Ottawa||Dynamo Riga||KHL|
|Michael Del Zotto||NY Rangers||Rappersil-Jona Lakers||Swiss National A League|
|Jason Demers||San Jose||Oulu||SM-liiga|
|Raphael Diaz||Montreal||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Rick DiPietro||NY Islanders||SC Riessersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Matt Duchene||Colorado||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Christian Ehrhoff||Buffalo||Krefeld||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Lars Eller||Montreal||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alexei Emelin||Montreal||Ak Bars||KHL|
|Cory Emmerton||Detroit||SalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Deryk Engelland||Pittsburgh||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Tyler Ennis||Buffalo||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Jhonas Enroth||Buffalo||Huddinge IK||Sweden Division 1|
|Tobias Enstrom||Winnipeg||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Jonathan Ericsson||Detroit||Sodertalje EK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Viktor Fasth||Anaheim||Tingsryd||Swedish League (T2)|
|Ruslan Fedotenko||Philadelphia||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Eric Fehr||Winnipeg||HPK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Andrew Ference||Boston||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Valtteri Filppula||Detroit||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Kurtis Foster||Minnesota||Tappara||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Cody Franson||Toronto||Brynas||Swedish Elite League|
|Michael Frolik||Chicago||HC Chomutov||Czech Extraliga|
|Sam Gagner||Edmonton||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Sergei Gonchar||Ottawa||Metallurg||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Mikhail Grabovski||Toronto||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Colin Greening||Ottawa||Aalborg Pirates||AL-Bank Ligaen|
|Carl Hagelin||NY Rangers||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Martin Hanzal||Phoenix||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Victor Hedman||Tampa Bay||HC Barys||KHL|
|Ales Hemsky||Edmonton||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Patric Hornqvist||Nashville||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jiri Hudler||Calgary||Lev Praha||KHL|
|Jaromir Jagr||Dallas||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Jesse Joensuu||NY Islanders||Assat||Finnish League|
|Marcus Johansson||Washington||BIK Karlskoga||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jussi Jokinen||Carolina||Oulu||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Roman Josi||Nashville||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Tomas Kaberle||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Evander Kane||Winnipeg||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Patrick Kane||Chicago||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Erik Karlsson||Ottawa||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anton Khudobin||Boston||HC Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL|
|Jakub Kindl||Detroit||CSOB Pojistovna Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Rostislav Klesla||Phoenix||Trinec||Czech Extraliga|
|Tomas Kopecky||Florida||HK Dukla Trencin||Slovak Extraliga|
|Mikko Koivu||Minnesota||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anze Kopitar||Los Angeles||Mora||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Lauri Korpikoski||Phoenix||TPS||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Sergei Kostitsyn||Nashville||Avangard Omsk||KHL|
|Ilya Kovalchuk||New Jersey||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|David Krejci||Boston||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Pavel Kubina||Philadelphia||HC Vitkovice Steel||Czech Extraliga|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Florida||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Gabriel Landeskog||Colorado||Djargarden||Swedish Elite League|
|Brooks Laich||Washington||Kloten Flyers||Swiss National A League|
|Philip Larsen||Dallas||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anders Lindback||Tampa Bay||Ilves||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Clarke MacArthur||Toronto||ETC Crimmitschau||ESBG (Ger)|
|Andrew MacDonald||NY Islanders||HC Karlovy Vary||Czech Extraliga|
|Andrei Markov||Montreal||HC Vityaz||KHL|
|Radek Martinek||Columbus||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Ryan McDonagh||NY Rangers||HC Barys||KHL|
|Milan Michalek||Ottawa||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Brendan Mikkelson||Tampa Bay||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Drew Miller||Detroit||Braehead Clan||EIHL (UK)|
|Douglas Murray||San Jose||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Tyler Myers||Buffalo||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Rick Nash||NY Rangers||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Michal Neuvirth||Washington||Sparta Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Frans Nielsen||NY Islanders||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Nikita Nikitin||Columbus||Avangard Omsk Oblast||KHL|
|Andreas Nodl||Carolina||HC TWK Innsbruck||EBEL (Austria)|
|Patrick O’Sullivan||Phoenix||HIFK Helsinki||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alex Ovechkin||Washington||Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Max Pacioretty||Montreal||Ambri Piotta||Swiss National A League|
|Ondrej Pavelec||Winnipeg||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Lennart Petrell||Edmonton||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Rich Peverley||Boston||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Tomas Plekanec||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Roman Polak||St. Louis||HC Vitkovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Alexei Ponikarovsky||Winnipeg||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Corey Potter||Edmonton||Vienna Capitals||EBEL (Austria)|
|Vinny Prospal||Columbus||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Tuukka Rask||Boston||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Matt Read||Philadelphia||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Peter Regin||Ottawa||Langenthal||Swiss National B League|
|Pekka Rinne||Nashville||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Stephane Robidas||Dallas||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Michal Roszival||Chicago||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Kris Russell||St. Louis||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Mike Santorelli||Florida||Tingsryds AIF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Luca Sbisa||Anaheim||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Tom Sestito||Philadelphia||Sheffield Steelers||EIHL (UK)|
|Tyler Seguin||Boston||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Dennis Seidenberg||Boston||Adler Mannheim||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Andrej Sekera||Buffalo||HC Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Alexander Semin||Carolina||Sokol Krasnoyarsk||VHL (Russia)|
|Wayne Simmonds||Philadelphia||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Jack Skille||Florida||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Ladislav Smid||Edmonton||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Craig Smith||Nashville||KalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Vladimir Sobotka||St. Louis||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Jason Spezza||Ottawa||Rapperswil-Jona||Swiss National A League|
|Jared Spurgeon||Minnesota||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Viktor Stalberg||Chicago||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Alexander Steen||St. Louis||Modo||Swedish Elite League|
|Chris Stewart||St. Louis||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Mark Streit||NY Islanders||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Vladimir Tarasenko||St. Louis||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Tomas Tatar||Detroit||SHK 37 Piestany||Slovak Extraliga|
|John Tavares||NY Islanders||SC Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Joe Thornton||San Jose||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Jiri Tlusty||Carolina||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Thomas Vanek||Buffalo||Graz 99ers||EBEL (Austria)|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Lubomir Visnovsky||NY Islanders||Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Jakub Voracek||Philadelphia||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|Tom Wandell||Dallas||Severstal Cherepovets||KHL|
|Yannick Weber||Montreal||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Blake Wheeler||Winnipeg||EHC Munchen||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Tommy Wingels||San Jose||Kookoo||Mestis (Div II)|
|Marek Zidlicky||New Jersey||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Henrik Zetterberg||Detroit||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Sources: TSN, The Fourth Period and others.|
* Updated: Oct 12th
* Niklas Backstrom had signed with Dynamo Minsk, but he got injured and they went with Pekka Rinne instead.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: “insurance is a huge factor for players looking to play overseas, and it’ll prevent a lot of guys from going.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: KHL’s Ak Bars Kazan said they won’t sign NHLers. It was reported yesterday that Pavel Datsyuk was signing with them. Also reports of Ak Bars getting Alex Burmistrov, so there are some conflicting reports out there. Ken Wiebe via twitter: Burmistrov said he’s fine with being assigned to St. John’s of the AHL, “I have to go there and play hockey.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: A KHL source said that CSKA has stepped up bid for Alex Ovechkin. Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ovechkin’s agent said they’ll negotiate with Dynamo Moscow today. Has also had contact with CSKA.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Max Pacioretty said via a text regarding playing overseas, “Trying to, but there’s no Jobs.”
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Alexander Semin hasn’t signed with a KHL team, and has no immediate plans to sign with one according to his agent.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Rick Nash and Joe Thornton have agreed to deals with HC Davos of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pekka Rinne is finalizing a deal with Karpat of SM-Liiga in Finland.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Should know in the next 24 hours if an Anze Kopitar deal with Mora (Tier 2 Sweden) gets done. Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League in the mix if Mora deal falls through.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Raphael Diaz signed with EV Zug of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Logan Courture has agreed to a deal with Geneve-Servette HC.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Ales Hemsky has a deal with Pardubice of the Czech League, his dad is the GM.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Joe Pavelski said he wasn’t sure if he’ll play overseas, but is considering it.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: TJ Oshie on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but I’m definitely open to it though.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Wojtek Wolski on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but trying to get something done as soon as possible.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Zdeno Chara is still unsure if he’ll play overseas during the lockout.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ilya Kovalchuk will officially sign with SKA tomorrow.
- John Buccigross via twitter: Buccigross was told that the Sabres 4 year, $30 offer to Shane Doan is legit. The Coyotes are only looking to go 2 years for now. Mike Harrington via twitter: Harrington notes again that the Sabres may not be that attractive to Doan if he hasn’t signed the big 4 year offer already.
- Kevin Durz of CSN Bay Area: Jeff Skinner’s 6 year contract with an annual cap hit of $5.725 million will be of interest for Sharks forward Logan Couture, who is entering the first year of a 2 year deal that paid him $5.75 over 2 years. Skinner beat out Couture for the Rookie of the Year in 2010-11.
- TSN: Ryan Rishaug is reporting that the Oilers are close to signing Taylor Hall to a contract extension, and negotiations with Jordan Eberle are ongoing.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: Not everyone likes Scott Hartnell’s 6 year, $28.5 million extension, mainly the agents who feel he sold himself short,
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell has a limited no-movement clause. He may have been able to $5.5 million plus if hit the open market next summer, though he may not have gotten the 6 years.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: The Maple Leafs were interested in Jonathan Bernier at the draft, then interest waned a bit, but a source said their interest as picked up again. It’s not clear if an actual offer was made, but Matt Frattin’s name may be involved. Bernier carries a $1.25 million cap hit this year, and will be a RFA next year. Andy Strickland via twitter: Sources are saying that the Kings GM Dean Lombardi wants a specific player from the Maple Leafs and a pick for Jonathan Bernier. Michael Traikos via twittter: Traikos asks Strickland if it could be Nikolai Kulemin? (I didn’t see a response)
- James Murphy of ESPN: The Ducks and Bruins had “exploratory” talks regarding Ryan, but Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli let them know that David Krejci and Milan Lucic are not available. The Bruins have dropped out of the Rick Nash sweepstakes. Reports are that the asking price was any combination of Krejci, Lucic, Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton. Chiarelli had already let it be known that Seguin and Hamilton were non-starters.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: According to a source, the Sharks haven’t had any discussions with the Blue Jackets regarding Rick Nash in “months.” The Blue Jackets haven’t come down from their insistence of Logan Couture, which is a non-starter. Rumors surfaced that the Sharks offered Dan Boyle to the Rangers for Marian Gaborik shortly after the season, but it fell through when he needed shoulder surgery that will keep him out until December.
- Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald: The Flames still have some items on their to-do list. One of their top priorities is to trade for some muscle and physical presence.
“We’re still having conversations with teams just to see what teams are thinking about and what teams need,” the Calgary Flames general manager said Wednesday. “We know we haven’t addressed our need to be a harder, tougher team to play against. Depending upon what other deals are out there, that’s something we’re still looking at.”
The Flames have a surplus of defenseman, 9 Dmen on 1-way deals. Jay Bouwmeester’s name is still rumored to be available.
“It’s been interesting,” Feaster said. “I thought when Suter went off the market, and even Parise, that you would see more. It’s been slow.”
“I think there are a number of reasons for that,” he said. “I think one of them is now the wait is, ‘what’s Shane Doan going to do.’ And then I also think, there’s still a wait and see on where are things going from a CBA perspective. And do you want to commit money? How close to $70 million do you want to get?”
- Luke Fox of Sportsnet: Fox looks at 6 teams that could trade for Rick Nash. Boston Bruins: They still believe they are a contender and could take a run at their 2nd cup in 3 years. Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic, and Dougie Hamilton would likely be targeted by the Blue Jackets. Detroit Red Wings: The Wings lost out on Suter, Parise, Salo, Carle and Schultz and have the cap room to add Nash. They have prospects Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar that might interest the Blue Jackets. They may not be interested as they have a bigger hole on the blueline. Alexander Semin is still available and may be a short term fix. Why would the Blue Jackets trade within their division? New York Rangers: The Rangers have lots of young talent and the Blue Jackets are reportedly interested in Ryan McDonagh and Chris Kreider. They don’t score a lot of goals and will be without Marian Gaborik for a bit as he recovers from shoulder surgery. They may not do a deal because they may not find it worth giving up so many young assets. Philadelphia Flyers: The Flyers have the assets (Sean Couturier and/or Brayden Schenn) to make a deal that could improve their chances on getting a cup now. May not happen as they likely won’t want to trade Schenn since they traded for his brother. They may not want to give up Couturier since the moved a young forward in James van Riemsdyk to the Leafs. Pittsburgh Penguins: The trade of Jordan Staal means they have more ice available for an impact forward. Sidney Crosby could use a scoring winger. The Pens could be worried what the Rangers and Flyers would be like if they had Nash. Deal breaker could be Paul Martin. The Pens may have to move his salary in a deal, but the Blue Jackets seem to be looking for forwards over defenseman. It’s doubtful that Martin and prospects would be enough. San Jose Sharks: They are deep in forwards, and the Blue Jackets like Logan Couture. The Sharks don’t want to include Couture. Would the Sharks be willing to a accept a deal included Ryane Clowe instead of Couture?
- Gord Stellick via twitter: With Ryan Suter and Zach Parise going to the Wild and not a “top contender,” it has taken some heat off the better teams to not overpay for Rick Nash and Bobby Ryan.
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal: Willis wonders if the Flames would trade Jay Bouwmeester to the Oilers? Flames GM Jay Feaster:
“When all the dust settles after the first week of free agency, if there are teams still looking on their blueline, we’re going to get a lot of phone calls. I do believe that’s one of the things that will happen is that the trade market will open up.”
Pierre McGuire said that Bouwmeester would be a fit for the Oilers, and they may try to trade for him. Starting points for a deal could be Ales Hemsky, Ryan Whitney and Nick Schultz. The Flames are looking to shed salary, so Schultz would get the nod over Hemsky, and they would need some prospects. Sam Gagner is one possible player, but it’s hard to image the Oilers trade him within their division. Willis doesn’t think it will happen. Both sides would be worried that a deal could blow up in their faces.
It’s a gridlock … Suter’s offer from the Wings … Wings tried for Salo … Nash and Luongo’s could expand … Jagr talking with Stars
- Darren Dreger of TSN: Free agency is a gridlock waiting for Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to sign. The trade market is also at stand still. The Rangers, Wings and Flyers are the top 3 Nash trade targets. The Hurricanes are also interested and may intrigue Nash if he decides to expand his list. The Sharks won’t make a deal if Logan Couture has to be included. GM Scott Howson is counting on a bidding war once Parise signs.
- Detroit Free Press via twitter: The Red Wings initial offer to Suter was 13 years and $80 million, but is now up to $90 million. They Red Wings made a 2 year offer to Sami Salo on Sunday but lost out to Tampa Bay.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: If not traded by mid-July, Nash’s “approved” list could be expanded. Mark Spector via twitter: Spector adds that they suspect Roberto Luongo’s list could expand too.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Multiple teams were interested in Bryce Salvador, 6 at one point.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Source saying Jaromir Jagr isn’t interested in the Canadiens or Bruins. Talking with the Stars.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets will likely head into next season with Sergei Bobrovsky and Steve Mason.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets GM Howson expects contract talks to begin soon with recently acquired RFA Nick Foligno.
Blues looking at Dmen … Suter and Preds communicating, but will test market … Nash trade could wait for Parise … Panthers and Luongo
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The Blues still need to address their defense, and will do so through trade or free agency. They are looking for someone to play with Alex Pietrangelo. They may not be able to afford Matt Carle who will be looking for $4+ million. Bryce Salvador could be an option, though he may return to New Jersey. The Blue have told defenseman Ian Cole that he has a top 7 position, but it’s up to him to crack the top 6. Jamie Langenbrunner and Scott Nichol could both re-sign this week or next. Sources are saying that Ryan Suter has been in close communication with Predators GM David Poile. Suter has been told by the team that they plan to be aggressive in free agency. Suter wants to see what the Predators are able to do. If they strike out, he may move on. Zach Parise will give the Devils every opportunity to re-sign him.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: He lists the chances of the Canadiens drafting Filip Forsberg with the 3rd overall pick at 40%. The Canadiens may be more interested in getting help up the middle.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Predators GM David Poile to ESPN:
“It appears that Suter is going to go to July 1,” Poile told ESPN.com Tuesday afternoon from Las Vegas. “I’m going to meet with Neil on Friday, and we’re going to talk again next week to see where we are. But it appears that’s where he’s heading. I’m keeping the faith. I don’t think I’m going to trade his rights. It’s all based on the fact that there’s no indication to me that Ryan doesn’t think Nashville is the right fit for him.”
“I don’t know how it’s going to pan out, but we’re going to do the best we can to keep talking and keep believing that we’re the right choice,” Poile said. “Hopefully, when he compares it to other teams July 1 and compares it to Nashville, what’s important to him in his life and for his family, I think we’re a real good fit on and off the ice. I don’t see where the grass is any greener.”
If the Blue Jackets don’t get what they want for Rick Nash this weekend, they may wait until the Zach Parise free agent period ends. The Flyers are part of the “in” crowd when it comes to Nash. The Sharks are interested, but not if Logan Couture is involved. The Hurricanes are interested in Jordan Staal and Nash, but can’t do both. LeBrun believes the Panthers and Canucks have talked about Roberto Luongo, but the Panthers would require salary to head back the other way. The Kings are not in a hurry to move Jonathan Bernier and are fine with keeping him next year if they have to. The Kings and Jarret Stoll could have a deal within a week. They have also had talks with Colin Fraser, and are still deciding on Dustin Penner. The Sharks could dangle a defenseman, maybe Jason Demers, in a deal for a winger. The Red Wings offered Brad Stuart 3 and 4 year deals worth more than the $3.6 million per year he got from the Sharks after the trade.
Twitter NHL rumors and notes: Maple Leafs draft, Bouwmeester, Nash, Sharks, Blackhawks, Garrison, Devils, Souray and Blues
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke said he’s willing to trade up or down a couple picks. Dan Rosen via twitter: Burke added the thinks they may have to address their needs through trade, and all looks quiet on that front right now. Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Burke said he might consider drafting for need instead of the best player for the first time. Dan Rosen via twitter: Burke added he hasn’t had discussions with the Oilers about the #1 pick. He also isn’t looking for someone who can play right away.
- Jim Matheson via twitter: There is no way the Flames would send Jay Bouwmeester to the Oilers. If Bouwmeester is moved, it will be to a contender. The Flames will have to take back a contract.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets would like 3 to 5 assets in return for Rick Nash. The return varies with each team, depending on their assets.
- David Pollak via twitter: Rick Nash won’t be heading to the Sharks as long as Logan Couture is included in the asking price, and for now that appears to be the case.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman: “If there are deals to be made we’re not hesitant to do that.” Bowman on Marian Hossa and Steve Montador: “They’re both on the mend and starting their summer training programs.”
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers GM Dale Tallon said they have made a contract offer to UFA defenseman Jason Garrison.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Monday that defenseman Mark Fayne has received a contract offer, but not all RFAs will.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Heika is hearing that the Stars and Sheldon Souray were discussing a 1 year, $3 million deal. Deal wasn’t offered, therefore not officially declined.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues have extended qualifying offers to T.J. Oshie and David Perron.
Deadline notes … Rangers made one last offer for Nash, Blue Jackets wanted different players … Panthers weren’t close on deals
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Sharks will be getting Douglas Murray and Martin Havlat back before the playoffs. Talks between them and the Blue Jackets for Rick Nash hit a roadblock when the Sharks refused to include Logan Couture. The Sharks did inquire about James van Riemsdyk. The Stars received about “12 to 14″ inquires over the past couple weeks for Steve Ott. The Canucks were offering Mason Raymond, but that wasn’t enough. The Stars were not going to trade Ott for picks or prospects. Burke didn’t trade any of his players for 1st round picks as he didn’t want to send the message to his players that they were giving up on the playoffs. The Capitals took calls on Roman Hamrlik but didn’t find a fit. The Red Wings looked at Paul Gaustad but didn’t have a 1st.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson said he’ll continue to try and trade Rick Nash in the offseason. “This is too important for our franchise and our fans to do a deal that is not in our best interest.” The Rangers made a late offer of Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas and a 1st round pick. Howson added:
“I’ve had many teams express that they would have a ton more interest in the offseason,”“I just think it was the right thing to do, the truthful thing to do,” Howson said.“We wanted to make sure that everybody understood where everybody was on this issue because it’s a very important issue for our franchise.
“I think things will continue to be amicable between Rick and the organization.”
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Brooks also noted the Rangers upped their offer to Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas and a 1st round pick. Howson was after Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto, Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin, Chris Kreider, and a 1st round pick.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Panthers GM Dale Tallon said he didn’t come close to making a deal. There was talk that they might move pending UFA defenseman Jason Garrison, but decided against it.
“We made a lot of phone calls and identified what we wanted to add to our lineup,’’ Tallon said. “We couldn’t get what we wanted without mortgaging our future. There just wasn’t a lot of activity. … I’m happy with our team. We improved it. We’re going to stay with the team that has 70 points, is in first place and is battling for a playoff spot.’’
Nash asked for a trade … Leafs offered 1sts for 4 players … Lupul not part of Nash talks … Wings were in on Gaustad
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson said that Rick Nash approached him about a trade.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs have offers of 1st round picks for Luke Schenn, Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke MacArthur, and Mikhail Grabovski.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Burke expects to have Mikhail Grabovski signed to an extension by the end of the season.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pagnotta was told that Lupul was never part of the Rick Nash discussions.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The Red Wings inquired about Paul Gaustad but didn’t have a 1st round pick.
- Curtis Zupka via twitter: Ducks GM Murray on Selanne: “He was going to have to come to me and make me do something. It was never going to come to that.”
- Andy Strickland via twitter: “The Blues financial situation is bad..they’re not bleeding, they’re hemorrhaging. It’s been widely ignored and today is another example”
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames GM Jay Feaster: “We still believe we’re a team that can make the playoffs.”
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Sharks Logan Couture is questionable for tomorrow.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: The asking price for Sabres Derek Roy is a younger forward that has top 6 potential and a prospect or pick.
- Spector’s Hockey via twitter: LeBrun claims Jaroslav Spacek is likely to be dealt. John Shannon via twitter: Hurricanes confirm that Bryan Allen is off the market.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Is hearing rumors (unconfirmed) that the Red Wings are sending Brad Stuart to the Rangers for picks. Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Insiders say Wings are not trading Stuart to Rangers.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Stars are telling people they won’t trade Steve Ott unless it’s a “great” offer. Lots of interest, could happen.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Maple Leafs assistant GM Dave Nonis said they’ve had a few more calls, a “minor deal” could happen.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Brian Burke: “We believe we’ll be able to work something out contractually with” Grabovski … He won’t be traded. Burke added he won’t acquire a goalie today. Lance Hornby via twitter: At his point, Burke isn’t expecting a deal … 2 hrs, 45 min to go.
- Kevin McGran via twitter: Burke said there is interest in Clarke MacArthur but they are happy to have him.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Predators saying Anders Lindback is not in play.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: 10 teams have inquired about Steve Ott. Canucks on the list but won’t overpay.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Islanders shopping Al Montoya.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Jets claim Grant Clitsome off waivers. The Canadiens claim Brad Staubitz.
- Bob McKenzie vai twitter: Clearing waivers: Rolston (NYI), Boulton (NJD), Ryan Russell (CBJ), Kolanos (CGY)
- Tony Ambrogio via twitter: Brian Burke “turned down flat” a trade offer for James Reimer. Burke on adding a top 6 forward: I don’t think so. I don’t sense we are going to be able to do what we wanted.”
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Burke says all is quiet, and doesn’t expect to get Grabovski re-signed today.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Sharks adjusted their Rick Nash offer this morning, Logan Couture a non-starter.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Sources saying that PA Parenteau is probably looking for a 4 year deal. Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Islanders were asking for a 1st round pick last night for Parenteau.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The Predators may not be done trading, still looking if the price is right.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Panaccio was told Antti Niemi wasn’t offered to the Flyers.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Winnipeg is considering the interest in Johnny Oduya. Boston is interested. Bruins also like David Jones.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Tomas Vokoun hasn’t been asked to waive his no trade clause. He left practice. Chuck Gormley via twitter: Vokoun left practice because they were working on the power play.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: With regards to Ryan Malone to Boston rumors, Bruins would need to move a roster player back, no 2nd or 4th round picks.
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: One report is saying the Red Wings won’t acquire Paul Gaustad, another says they are heating up.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Leafs are getting close on a deal, nothing final yet (posted about 11 am)
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Tencer doesn’t see Khabibulin moving. Cam Barker and Ryan Jones are available.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders getting calls on PA Parenteau, Milan Jurcina and Mark Eaton. Expect one or both Dmen to move.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: No movement clause may be sticking point on Islanders-Nabokov negotiations.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Contract talks between Ryan Smyth and Edmonton Oilers are expected to resume today.