- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Mathieu Perreault
Trade Rumors: No rush on Bishop … Perreault didn’t ask for a trade … Case to move Subban … Dubnyk not worried about Luongo rumors
- Andy Strickland via twitter: There is no rush for the Senators to trade goalie Ben Bishop. He’s a valuable asset and they’ll look to maximize any return for him. The Senators may wait for a team that’s desperate for a goalie.
- Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times: Capitals Mathieu Perreault clarified that he didn’t ask for a trade, which was reported by two French reports.
“I didn’t ask for a trade. Obviously I like it here, been around for four years, all my chums are [here]. I don’t wanna go anywhere. All I want is a little bit more ice time and I talked to Adam Oates and George [McPhee] today about it,” Perreault said (listen to full audio here). “All I want is to play. I wanna be here. I don’t wanna go anywhere. If you guys read the article in French it doesn’t say that I asked for a trade. Never.”
“I’m obviously not too happy. No one would be happy to be playing that much minutes,” Perreault said. “The headline says Perreault asks for a trade or something, but I never said I wanted to get traded. All I want is a little more minutes, that’s all.”
- Sean Gordon via twitter: There is a strong case for the Canadiens to trade P.K. Subban if they could get a forward that is capable to scoring 50 goals. Gordon drops Taylor Hall’s name, the quickly adds that it’s not going to happen. Getting another top young defenseman who is already signed to a deal could be an option, players like Tyler Myers or Victor Hedman, but that is unlikely as well. ”Bottom line: if the rumours end up being true, it’s because Bergevin was presented with a deal so good he couldn’t refuse.”
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk on at what point does he think he’ll will have solidified himself as a No. 1 NHL goalie:
“Maybe when I’m 39 or 40 and I’m about to hang them up. I’m sure there’ll probably be some trade rumours and questions about the games I’ve played,” he said with a laugh.“Everybody likes things to talk about and I’m sure it’ll be that way for years to come. It’s certainly frustrating at times, but I’ve always said I’m confident I can do this job. I feel like my teammates feel the same way and so does the organization.”
If Tambellini has pulled Dubnyk aside to tell him that the Roberto Luongo rumors are false.
“No, he hasn’t,” Dubnyk said with a broad grin. “That’s OK. It’s not my spot to worry about.”
There are rumors that the Canucks are looking for a center. Oilers Sam Gagner’s dad works for the Canucks. A “connect-the-dots-moment”
“Me? Jeez, I hadn’t heard that,” said Gagner, who set up Nail Yakupov’s first NHL goal on Tuesday.
“Last year, I went through the trade talk and that was tougher. It was the first time I’d been through it,” he said. “Now? I know what I have to focus on. That’s playing my game, helping the Oilers win. We’ve got a good group and it’s exciting to be part of this.”
“I think my dad wants me to stay away from him,” said Gagner.
Injury updates on Klefbom, Gudbranson and Murray … Crosby thinking about going overseas … Stamkos staying … Tavares to get new deal
- David Staples of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers prospect Oscar Klefbom’s season could be over according to Swedish reporter Johan Eriksson.
“Klefbom will undergo surgery which means his season is over,” Eriksson reports on Twitter. “Should be in Edmonton right now actually.”
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Panthers Erik Gudbranson had his first on-ice workout since September, and said “this is tough.” Gudbranson had been out with a shoulder injury. He did add that,
“It felt really good to be out there. I’m a little surprised at how good it felt.”
“Things are coming along. The training staff I’ve been working out with at home [Ottawa, Ontario] are great. This is a tough thing, but I’m excited about it getting better.”
He’s still on a January timetable, and will join the Panthers AHL team in San Antonio when he’s ready to go. Gudbranson originally got hurt falling while wakeboarding, and told GM Dale Tallon that alcohol was involved. He had called each of teammates to tell them what had happened.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets prospect Ryan Murray will meet with GM Scott Howson this morning to discuss their options with regards to his shoulder injury. Surgery is an option.
- Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Penguins Sidney Crosby hasn’t decided on a team or country yet, but the odds of him playing overseas have increased of late.
“You know what? It’s a lot more possible right now,” Crosby said after a player-organized workout at Southpointe. “I probably hadn’t thought about it quite as much as I have the past few days.
“It’s definitely been something … with the way things are looking now, it’s not looking too good.”
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Jets Ondrej Pavelec signed a 6 game deal with the Pelicans.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Steven Stamkos’ agent said yesterday that Stamkos has no plans on going overseas to play.
- Szymon Szemberg via twitter: Islanders John Tavares’ deal with SC Bern expires in four days. He’s expected to have the deal extended.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Mathieu Perreault will join Helsinki HIFK in Finland.
- Mike Morreale via twitter: James van Riemsdyk’s brother, Brendan, is committed to UNH. He’s 2014 draft eligible.
We’ll be updating all free agent signing for the 5th day of free agency here. We’ll leave it at the top of page. Rumors and notes from today will be below this post.
|Player||’12-13 Team||Contract notes|
|Jay Beagle||Capitals||3 years, $2.7 million|
|Devan Dubnyk||Oilers||2 years|
|David Perron||Blues||4 years, $15.25 million|
|Justin Falk||Minnesota||1 year|
|Mikael Backlund||Flames||1 year, $725,000|
|Ruslan Fedotenko||Flyers||1 year, $1.75 million|
|Bruno Gervais||Flyers||2 years, $1.7 million|
|Mathieu Perreault||Capitals||2 years, $2.1 million|
|Krys Barch||Devils||2 years|
|Jean-Francois Jacques||Panthers||1 year, 2 way|
|Phillippe Dupuis||Penguins||1 year, $600,000|
|Derek Joslin||Canucks||1 year, 2 way|
Morning Free Agent notes: Capitals send out qualifying offers … No buyouts for Sens, not too active on July 1 …”Cutdown” candidates
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: Capitals GM George McPhee confirmed that Mike Knuble and Jeff Halpern won’t be back next season, but wouldn’t say the same for pending UFAs Alexander Semin and Dennis Wideman. If all 4 are not back, that would have made up over $10.6 million in salary last year. The Capitals sent out qualifying offers for Mike Green, John Carlson, Jay Beagle and Mathieu Perreault.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators GM Bryan Murray on Erik Karlsson negotiations: “We have time. We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.” Murray added they don’t plan on buying any players out and that they don’t expect to be too active on July 1st.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Strickland thinks other candidates for “cutdown” arbitration are Nikolai Kulemin, Wojtek Wolski, Peter Mueller and Guilluame Latendresse.