- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Mikhail Grabovski
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs Phil Kessel will have a $5.4 million salary and cap hit. He can’t sign an extension until after July 5th, and Koshan thinks the Leafs would foolish to not extend him. Kessel’s agent indicated that he wants to remain with the Leafs.
- Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: Leafs GM Dave Nonis will have some offseason questions to consider. Do the Leafs look to extend Phil Kessel, Dion Phaneuf and James Reimer. Kessel could look for upwards of $7 million a season. Can the Leafs even ask their captain to take a pay cut from his $6.4 million salary? Reimer would be due for a big raise from his $1.8 million salary if he’s a No. 1 goalie.
The Leafs UFA list includes: Tyler Bozak, Clarke MacArthur, Colton Orr, Ryan O’Byrne and Mike Kostka. Bozak could be looking for Mikhail Grabovski-type money. MacArthur didn’t have good regular season and the Leafs are deep on the wings. Orr will likely be back. O’Bryne will likely be gone. Kostka’s play declined as the season went on, but could be brought back for depth.
The Leafs RFA list includes: Nazem Kadri, Cody Franson, Leo Komarov, Joe Colborne, Matt Frattin, Carl Gunnarsson and Mark Fraser. The Leafs could play hardball with Kadri in attempt to keep his salary low. Franson led the Leafs defenseman in scoring. The others are likely to be back. Frattin could be MacArthur’s replacement on the third line. Colborne appears to be ready for the next step.
Compliance Buyout Possibilities: Mikhail Grabovski, Mike Komisarek and John-Michael Liles. Komisarek may be no-brainer, freeing up his $4.5 million cap hit. Liles has 3 years at $3.875 million a season. Grabovski has 4 years left at $5.5 million a season. Nonis may look to trade both Liles and Grabovski.
- Howard Berger of Berger Bytes: Berger thinks the Leafs should save the money on Tyler Bozak, give Joe Colborne Bozak’s spot, and sign David Clarkson or make a trade.
“Colborne has enviable skill,” an Eastern Conference scout told me this week. “If he can bring his emotional game to a similar level – even half the time – Leafs won’t have to worry about a No. 1 center. From what I hear, they like the kid, and I think he’s worthy of a long look in the NHL. There aren’t going to be a lot of centers with decent price-points on the market in July.”
UFA center options are not that young: Patrick Elias (37), Andy MacDonald (35), Nik Antropov (35) and Mike Ribeiro (33). Stephen Weiss and Derek Roy are 30, and will want more money.
The Leafs and Devils could talk about Clarkson before July 5th about obtaining his rights to discuss a long-term deal before he hit the open market.
The NHL suspended Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference for one game for his illegal check to the head of Toronto Maple Leafs center Mikhail Grabovski.
Nick Kypreos: Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference will have a hearing this afternoon for his elbow on Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski.
Will Ference get suspended? If so, how many games do you think he SHOULD get? How many games do you think he WILL get?
From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Bill Hoppe: Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers broke his leg Thursday night and is out for the season.
- Paul Hendrick: Maple Leafs Joffrey Lupul isn’t cleared for contact yet. He might be ready to go next week. David Alter: Coach Randy Carlyle said he feels that Lupul has been cleared for contact. Still out day-to-day. David Alter: Carlyle thought that Lupul was cleared for contact, Lupul confirms that he hasn’t been yet. Jonas Siegel: Carlyle confirmed that Lupul did suffer a concussion.
- David Alter: Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski remained in New York and is being examined for gastro intestinal issues. Terry Koshan: Dave Poulin on Grabovski: “We just wanted to have things cleared up after his weight loss. He has been cleared to play.”
- Stephen Whyno: Capitals Martin Erat is feeling better and could play today.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers Daniel Briere said he’s ready to go today.
- Michael Vega: Bruins Patrice Bergeron (concussion) took part in the optional skate yesterday.
“Bergy will travel with us,’’ Julien said. “He’s skating now and he’s skating with us and he’s better off to work out with us than to stay behind.’’
Claude Julien on if Bergeron will play on Saturday,
“I don’t think so. We’re certainly going to be cautious with him. He’s had a history [of concussions] and we’re not going to take a gamble with it.
“We’re being extremely careful with Bergy and we’re going by the protocol. Never will this organization risk a player’s health for any reason. But he felt pretty good this concussion was moderate, and from what I’ve been told, it’s had a zero [effect] on the major one that he’s had and a zero issue on his brain.’’
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Sidney Crosby hasn’t skated since breaking his jaw. He’s been cleared to fly and traveled with the team on their Florida trip. Kris Letang returned to the lineup after dealing with a broken toe and groin injury. The groin is the bigger concern. Defenseman Paul Martin (broken bone in hand) skated this week, but hasn’t stick-handled. He could be ready for the start of May when the playoff start.
From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Randy Miller of the Courier-Post: Flyers Ilya Bryzgalov is a candidate to be bought out after the season with the salary cap dropping to $64.3 million. Bryzgalov’s thoughts:
“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said. “Really, I don’t care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?”
On if he’d like to be a Flyer next year.
“You know, I have no control in this,” he said. “I can’t read the people’s mind. I can’t project things what they’re thinking, that’s why I’m not worried about things I can’t control. I maybe want one thing and they want a different thing.”
- James Mirtle: Mirtle thinks it will be interesting to see if the Maple Leafs will keep both Tyler Bozak and Mikhail Grabovski next season.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings have moved Valtteri Filppula from the wing to center in hope generating more offense. He’ll center the third line between Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner.
- Shawn Mitchell: The Blue Jackets reassign defenseman Cody Goloubef and center Michael Chaput to the AHL.
- Kirk Luedeke: The Bruins have signed Carl Soderberg and expect him to arrive in the next 7 days for so.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators coach Barry Trotz indicated that Pekka Rinne could start all of their remaining games. That would mean Rinne would have started 45 of their 48 games, and appearing in 46.
- Kevin McGran via twitter: McGran is thinking that Maple Leafs center Tyler Bozak could get between Ryan Getzlaf’s $8.25 million and Mikhail Grabovski’s $5.5 million.
- Chris Johnson via twitter: Getzlaf’s contract breakdown: $6.5 million next year then $8.75 million, $9.25 million, $9.25 million, $9.025 million, $8.95 million, $8.275 million and $6 million.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Andrej Sekera is not likely to play on Sunday. Forward Ville Leinois also out according to coach Ron Rolston.
“We’re just trying to get him back into practice and get him quality practice time,” Rolston said. “Really grinding, get him in more competitive situations. It will be close. I don’t know when. I would doubt Sunday but certainly next week a strong possibility.”
- Jim Mamieson of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks are hoping to get top prospect Nicklas Jensen playing with their AHL affiliate in Chicago. They need to get permission from the OHL’s Oshawa Generals, who hold his CHL rights.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Jake Allen will start in net for the Blues against the Sharks. Jaroslav Halak will start against the Ducks.
- Tyler Bozak: The Maple Leafs would like to sign Bozak, but Mikhail Grabovski makes $5.5 million a year. MacLean thinks the Leafs should keep him. They could lose him to unrestricted free agency. Kypreos thinks the Leafs can’t afford to keep him, may cost $4 – $4.5 million to re-sign him. MacLean lists the Canucks and Flames as possible landing spots. Kypreos lists the Canucks, Red Wings, Blues and Predators as possible landing spots.
- Roberto Luongo: Teams are still interested, but his contract is making it difficult. MacLean thinks Florida is the only option at the moment. Brian Lawton lists the Canucks, Lightning or a possible buyout.
Quick Hits: Grabovski, waivers, Malone, Johansson, Laich, lines and starting goalies for today and tomorrow
- Bob McKenzia via twitter: There will be no supplemental discipline for Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski. The NHL said that it couldn’t determine conclusively if Grabrovski bit Max Pacioretty or not. Darren Dreger via twitter: The safety department said that it went to great lengths in search of the truth.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: Sabres Matt Ellis clears waivers. The Oilers put Darcy Hordichuk on waivers.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Ryan Malone suffered a lower-body injured before the Lightning-Rangers game. He was injured during their “pregame kick-around with a soccer ball.”
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Marcus Johansson will not travel with the team on their trip to Florida. He’s day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals Brooks Laich will travel with the team to Florida. As of this morning, coach Adam Oates wasn’t sure if he has been cleared for contact yet.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Canadiens lines: Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta; Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher; Prust-Desharnais-Cole, Moen-Eller-Armstrong.
- Brent Wallace via twitter: Senators lines: Michalek Zibanejad Alfredsson; Silfverberg Turris Greening; Condra Smith Neil; O’Brien Da Costa Daugavins
- NY Islanders via twitter: Rick DiPietro will start in net for the Islanders tonight.
- David Alter via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- David Pollak via twitter: Steve Mason will start in net for the Blue Jackets tonight. Kevin Kurz via twitter: Thomas Greiss is expected to start tonight.
- Jon Rosen via twitter: Jonathan Bernier was the first off the ice for the Kings, and likely starter.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Braden Holtby will start in net for the Capitals tomorrow.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tomorrow.
- Wayne Scanlan via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tomorrow.
- Kevin McGran via twitter: Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski’s hearing was pushed back until this morning. Dave Stubbs via twitter: Hearing will be by phone at 11 am. Stubbs is thinking no suspension, just a fine. John Shannon via twitter: The Canadiens sent pics of Max Pacioretty’s forearm.
- Mark Zwolinski of the Toronto Star: Zwolinski notes on some trends in the NHL at the quarter mark. The Maple Leafs still need a big No. 1 center. The Senators are expected to make a trade for a center to fill in for Jason Spezza. The Stars may start dealing their veterans. Roberto Luongo is likely to stay in Vancouver. The NHL will expand to 32 teams at some point. Trade rumors will heat up on Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Stephen Weiss and Jarome Iginla. The Oilers have lost 3 of their top 4 centers to injuries.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: If the Avalanche were to sign Ryan O’Reilly to a one-year deal and he played in six games, he would become arbitration eligible this summer. If that happened, it might land him the big contract he wants. The Avs are likely not wanting this to happen and wouldn’t offer him a one-year deal because of this. Most people that are around O’Reilly are expecting him to be dealt now.
- Scott Brunside of ESPN: At the end of last season, Penguins GM Ray Shero pulled defenseman Paul Martin into his office and asked him if he wanted to be traded. Martin said:
“I basically told him I have a lot of pride in what I do,” Martin told ESPN.com. “I came here for a reason. It wasn’t just because of the money. [He had more lucrative offers.] I came here because I wanted to win a Stanley Cup.”
- Patrick Caisse via twitter: Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers was a healthy scratch again last night.
- Detroit Free Press via twitter: The Red Wings put goalie Joey MacDonald on waivers.
The NHL will most likely be looking into Canadiens Max Pacioretty’s allegations that Maple Leafs center Mikhail Grabovski bit him last night.
What do you think ‘Chompers’ Grabovski? Suspension? What do you expect when you put an arm in someone’s mouth?
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: The only untouchable for the Maple Leafs should be their 2013 1st round pick. Phil Kessel is off to slow start, it’s becoming more difficult to imagine Kessel remaining with the Leafs beyond this season. It will be easier for Nonis to trade Kessel, than it would have been for Burke. There are some who would call for a Dion Phaneuf trade as well, but at least in that deal, they basically stole him from Calgary. The 25 year old Kessel will be an unrestricted free agent after next season. There should be a market for him and his $5.4 million salary cap hit ($5.1 million salary) at the trade deadline. They could look for something like the Blue Jackets got for Jeff Carter, Jack Johnson and a 1st round pick. He would be an excellent secondary scoring threat for someone.
- Damien Cox via twitter: “Re Kessel: ppl don’t get it. Not about him, or how he’s playing. He does what he does well. Its about managing assets and team-building. Understand Kessel’s contract, and you understand why they have little choice but to move him.”
- Steve Buffery of the Toronto Sun: Buffery thinks the Leafs No. 1 priority should be a center.
“The bottom line is this: Without a front-line centre, Kessel’s talents are being wasted. He was a 37-goal scorer last year but with a bonafide first-line centre, he might be a 50-goal scorer. Further to that, the Leafs will not take the next step in becoming a threat to go deep into the playoffs until they address the first-line centre situation.”
Buffery notes that if they are going to give up young assets (hopefully not Nazem Kadri or Jake Gardiner), it’s for a center and not a goaltender. They have young depth on the blueline with prospects Gardiner, Morgan Rielly, Stuart Percy, Jesse Blacker and Matt Finn. Tyler Bozak is not a number 1 center on a good team. Mikhail Grabovski is a good 2nd line center. Buffery also suggest moving Kadri to the first line and dropping Bozak back the third line.
Here is a list of players that have signed contracts to play overseas during the NHL lockout.
We will continue to update as long as players keep signing.
|Player||2012-13 NHL Team||Lockout Team||League|
|Artem Anisimov||Columbus||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Nik Antropov||Winnipeg||HC Barys||KHL|
|Anton Babcuk||Calgary||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Nicklas Backstrom||Washington||HC Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Niklas Backstrom||Minnesota||Dynamo Minsk||KHL|
|Matt Beleskey||Anaheim||Coventry||EIHL (UK)|
|Jamie Benn||Dallas||Hamburg Freezers||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Sean Bergenheim||Florida||HIFK Helsinki||SM-liiga|
|Patrice Bergeron||Boston||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Patrik Berglund||St. Louis||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jonathan Bernier||Los Angeles||Heilbronner Falken||ESBG (Ger)|
|Sergei Bobrovsky||Columbus||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Damien Brunner||Detroit||EV Zug||KHL|
|Ilya Bryzgalov||Philadelphia||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Roman Cervenka||Calgary||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Zdeno Chara||Boston||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|David Clarkson||New Jersey||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Erik Condra||Ottawa||EV Fussen||Oberliga (Ger)|
|Logan Couture||San Jose||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Matt D’Agostini||St. Louis||SC Ressersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Pavel Datsyuk||Detroit||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Kaspars Daugavins||Ottawa||Dynamo Riga||KHL|
|Michael Del Zotto||NY Rangers||Rappersil-Jona Lakers||Swiss National A League|
|Jason Demers||San Jose||Oulu||SM-liiga|
|Raphael Diaz||Montreal||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Rick DiPietro||NY Islanders||SC Riessersee||ESBG (Ger)|
|Matt Duchene||Colorado||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Christian Ehrhoff||Buffalo||Krefeld||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Lars Eller||Montreal||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alexei Emelin||Montreal||Ak Bars||KHL|
|Cory Emmerton||Detroit||SalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Deryk Engelland||Pittsburgh||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Tyler Ennis||Buffalo||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Jhonas Enroth||Buffalo||Huddinge IK||Sweden Division 1|
|Tobias Enstrom||Winnipeg||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL (Aus)|
|Jonathan Ericsson||Detroit||Sodertalje EK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Viktor Fasth||Anaheim||Tingsryd||Swedish League (T2)|
|Ruslan Fedotenko||Philadelphia||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Eric Fehr||Winnipeg||HPK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Andrew Ference||Boston||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Valtteri Filppula||Detroit||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Kurtis Foster||Minnesota||Tappara||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Cody Franson||Toronto||Brynas||Swedish Elite League|
|Michael Frolik||Chicago||HC Chomutov||Czech Extraliga|
|Sam Gagner||Edmonton||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Sergei Gonchar||Ottawa||Metallurg||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Mikhail Grabovski||Toronto||CSKA Moscow||KHL|
|Colin Greening||Ottawa||Aalborg Pirates||AL-Bank Ligaen|
|Carl Hagelin||NY Rangers||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Martin Hanzal||Phoenix||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Victor Hedman||Tampa Bay||HC Barys||KHL|
|Ales Hemsky||Edmonton||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Patric Hornqvist||Nashville||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jiri Hudler||Calgary||Lev Praha||KHL|
|Jaromir Jagr||Dallas||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Jesse Joensuu||NY Islanders||Assat||Finnish League|
|Marcus Johansson||Washington||BIK Karlskoga||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Jussi Jokinen||Carolina||Oulu||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Roman Josi||Nashville||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Tomas Kaberle||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Evander Kane||Winnipeg||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Patrick Kane||Chicago||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Erik Karlsson||Ottawa||Jokerit||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anton Khudobin||Boston||HC Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL|
|Jakub Kindl||Detroit||CSOB Pojistovna Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Rostislav Klesla||Phoenix||Trinec||Czech Extraliga|
|Tomas Kopecky||Florida||HK Dukla Trencin||Slovak Extraliga|
|Mikko Koivu||Minnesota||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anze Kopitar||Los Angeles||Mora||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Lauri Korpikoski||Phoenix||TPS||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Sergei Kostitsyn||Nashville||Avangard Omsk||KHL|
|Ilya Kovalchuk||New Jersey||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|David Krejci||Boston||Pardubice||Czech Extraliga|
|Pavel Kubina||Philadelphia||HC Vitkovice Steel||Czech Extraliga|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Florida||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Gabriel Landeskog||Colorado||Djargarden||Swedish Elite League|
|Brooks Laich||Washington||Kloten Flyers||Swiss National A League|
|Philip Larsen||Dallas||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Anders Lindback||Tampa Bay||Ilves||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Clarke MacArthur||Toronto||ETC Crimmitschau||ESBG (Ger)|
|Andrew MacDonald||NY Islanders||HC Karlovy Vary||Czech Extraliga|
|Andrei Markov||Montreal||HC Vityaz||KHL|
|Radek Martinek||Columbus||Ceske Budejovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Ryan McDonagh||NY Rangers||HC Barys||KHL|
|Milan Michalek||Ottawa||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Brendan Mikkelson||Tampa Bay||Vasteras||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Drew Miller||Detroit||Braehead Clan||EIHL (UK)|
|Douglas Murray||San Jose||Djurgardens IF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Tyler Myers||Buffalo||EC KAC||EBEL (Aus)|
|Rick Nash||NY Rangers||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Michal Neuvirth||Washington||Sparta Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Frans Nielsen||NY Islanders||Lukko||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Nikita Nikitin||Columbus||Avangard Omsk Oblast||KHL|
|Andreas Nodl||Carolina||HC TWK Innsbruck||EBEL (Austria)|
|Patrick O’Sullivan||Phoenix||HIFK Helsinki||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Alex Ovechkin||Washington||Dynamo Moscow||KHL|
|Max Pacioretty||Montreal||Ambri Piotta||Swiss National A League|
|Ondrej Pavelec||Winnipeg||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Lennart Petrell||Edmonton||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Rich Peverley||Boston||JYP||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Tomas Plekanec||Montreal||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Roman Polak||St. Louis||HC Vitkovice||Czech Extraliga|
|Alexei Ponikarovsky||Winnipeg||HC Donbass||KHL|
|Corey Potter||Edmonton||Vienna Capitals||EBEL (Austria)|
|Vinny Prospal||Columbus||NC Mountfield||Czech Extraliga|
|Tuukka Rask||Boston||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Matt Read||Philadelphia||Sodertalje SK||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Peter Regin||Ottawa||Langenthal||Swiss National B League|
|Pekka Rinne||Nashville||HC Dinamo Minsk||KHL|
|Stephane Robidas||Dallas||HIFK||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Michal Roszival||Chicago||HC Plzen||Czech Extraliga|
|Kris Russell||St. Louis||TPS Turku||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Mike Santorelli||Florida||Tingsryds AIF||HockeyAllsvenskan|
|Luca Sbisa||Anaheim||HC Lugano||Swiss National A League|
|Tom Sestito||Philadelphia||Sheffield Steelers||EIHL (UK)|
|Tyler Seguin||Boston||EHC Biel||Swiss National A League|
|Dennis Seidenberg||Boston||Adler Mannheim||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Andrej Sekera||Buffalo||HC Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Alexander Semin||Carolina||Sokol Krasnoyarsk||VHL (Russia)|
|Wayne Simmonds||Philadelphia||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Jack Skille||Florida||Rosenborg||GET-Ligaen (Nor)|
|Ladislav Smid||Edmonton||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Craig Smith||Nashville||KalPa||SM-Liiga (Fin)|
|Vladimir Sobotka||St. Louis||Slavia Praha||Czech Extraliga|
|Jason Spezza||Ottawa||Rapperswil-Jona||Swiss National A League|
|Jared Spurgeon||Minnesota||SC Langnau||Swiss National A League|
|Viktor Stalberg||Chicago||Frolunda HC||Swedish Elite League|
|Alexander Steen||St. Louis||Modo||Swedish Elite League|
|Chris Stewart||St. Louis||Bili Tygri Liberec||Czech Extraliga|
|Mark Streit||NY Islanders||Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Vladimir Tarasenko||St. Louis||SKA St. Petersburg||KHL|
|Tomas Tatar||Detroit||SHK 37 Piestany||Slovak Extraliga|
|John Tavares||NY Islanders||SC Bern||Swiss National A League|
|Joe Thornton||San Jose||Davos||Swiss National A League|
|Jiri Tlusty||Carolina||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Thomas Vanek||Buffalo||Graz 99ers||EBEL (Austria)|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||HC Lokomotiv||KHL|
|Semyon Varlamov||Colorado||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl||KHL|
|Lubomir Visnovsky||NY Islanders||Slovan Bratislava||KHL|
|Jakub Voracek||Philadelphia||HC Lev Praha||KHL|
|Tom Wandell||Dallas||Severstal Cherepovets||KHL|
|Yannick Weber||Montreal||Geneva-Servette||Swiss National A League|
|Blake Wheeler||Winnipeg||EHC Munchen||Deutsche Eishockey Liga|
|Tommy Wingels||San Jose||Kookoo||Mestis (Div II)|
|Marek Zidlicky||New Jersey||Kladno||Czech Extraliga|
|Henrik Zetterberg||Detroit||EV Zug||Swiss National A League|
|Sources: TSN, The Fourth Period and others.|
* Updated: Oct 12th
* Niklas Backstrom had signed with Dynamo Minsk, but he got injured and they went with Pekka Rinne instead.