- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond
- Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun: Jarome Iginla will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. GM Jay Feaster addressed the Iginla situation on Day 1 of training camp, and won’t do so again.
“The directive here in Calgary, the objective here in Calgary, has not changed. From ownership right on through, our goal and our intent is to have Jarome Iginla spend his entire playing career with the Calgary Flames.
“The one thing we don’t want is to talk to Jarome’s contract every day.”
Jarome added to that:
“I don’t want it to be a distraction to the team, to myself. We have a goal and a mission. We’ve been out of the playoffs three years, with a shortened, intense season, we don’t need a distraction,” said Iginla, who didn’t skate Sunday due to a groin strain. “I believe in this organization and this team.”
“My preference would be to play here on a great team and win. I think we can do that. My focus is going to be on helping this team to the playoffs and ultimately win.”
- Louis Jean via twitter: (tweeted at 5:41 PM) Agent Don Meehan said there was no contact with the Canadiens about P.K. Subban [yesterday].
- Tim Wharnsby of CBC: Wharnsby thinks the Avalanche will have a more difficult time getting Ryan O’Reilly signed, than the Stars will with Jamie Benn and the Canadiens with P.K. Subban. O’Reilly is getting a pro-rated $4 million to play for Metallurg Magnitogorsk of the KHL. Metallurg may also be willing to increase his salary if he remains in Russia. O’Reilly and the Avalanche are believed to be far apart. He has 5 goals and 10 points in 10 games.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos is working on the Dmitry Kulikov deal according to GM Dale Tallon. Tallon said he didn’t know if Kulikov is in Russia or not.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Mirtle thinks that Phil Kessel could easily get $7.5 million a year on a long-term contract. Does a contract extension like that work for the Leafs this July?
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Ducks sign Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond to a 2-way, $550,000 contract.
- Iain MacIntyre via twitter: The Canucks sign Jim Vandermeer to a 2-way deal.
Grier retires … Nothing new on Canes trade front … Daily waivers … McCabe update … Staal skates again … Hawks/Caps lines
- Joe Yerdon via twitter: Mike Grier has retired from the NHL.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said there is nothing new on the trade front. “We’re talking to teams but right now it’s hard to make any deals.” Sutter says players aren’t worried about trades, “A coaching change is fresh start for everyone. It’s relieving to go out and play.”
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Predators have put Teemu Laakso on waivers. Flyers put Matt Walker on re-entry waivers. Tyler Plante of the Panthers get the $125 buyout.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (CAL) and Andre Deveaux (NYR) clear waivers.
- Dustin Leed via twitter: Defenseman Bryan McCabe is likely to stay in the NY area. His family is settling in the area and he likely wouldn’t accept a deal outside the NY. That could always change at some point though.
- Larry Brooks via twitter: Rangers defenseman Marc Staal is skating with the scratches today.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: Alexandre Picard was on an emergency recall for the Penguins, so he won’t have to clear waivers.
- Larry Brooks via twitter: Rangers forward Mike Rupp is skating for the 1st time since his knee surgery.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Blackhawks lines at practice: Kane w/ Toews, Stalberg, Kruger centering Sharp, Hossa; Smith w/ Frolik, Bickell; Carcillo-Mayers-Brunette.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers lines: Hart-G-Jagr; Read-Briere-Simm; Talbot-Schenn-Vor; Shell-Cout-Rin. (Harry Z prob scratch)
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Capitals tonight against the Penguins. Lines at the morning skate: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer, Eakin-Johansson-Semin, Chimera-Laich-Ward, Hendricks-Halpern-Knuble.
The Canucks goalie situation … On waivers today … Hedman to get extension … Perron close … Injury updates … Starting goalies
- Pierre LeBrunn and Scott Burnside of ESPN: Canucks goalie Cory Schneider trade value continues to rise, but the question is, should they trade him? Burnside would be shocked if they moved him this season, if at all. LeBrun says that through his talks with Canucks management, they still believe in Roberto Luongo. LeBrun would wait until the off-season before deciding how to handle the goaltending future. Burnside wonders what market their would be for Luongo. He mentions a Luongo-Lecavalier possibility. LeBrun shoots down Lecavalier and the Canucks with “You’re on crack” if you think they’d touch his contract.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Flames put Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond on waivers. The Rangers put Andre Deveaux on waivers. Devils Brad Mills and Avs Joakim Lindstrom clear waivers.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Lightning are expected to announce a contract extension today for defenseman Victor Hedman. The extension could be around 5 years at around $4 million per year, give or take $100,000.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars Brenden Morrow and Trevor Daley will be out a couple more games.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Blues forward David Perron is not expected to play on Friday, but Saturday could be a possibility.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators forward Nikita Filatov’s nose isn’t complete broken, x-ray revealed a fracture. Filatov says he should be able to go tomorrow against the Stars. He didn’t return last night because he had a headache/dizziness from the hit.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators forward Chris Neal (sprained ankle) said he could play tomorrow, but the Sens may be cautious with him.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Colby Armstrong is 7-10 days away from returning from an ankle injury.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Lines at Leafs practice: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel. MacArthur-Connolly-Kulemin. Crabb-Colborne-Frattin. Rosehill-Grabovski-Dupuis. Steckel.
- Rich Chere via twitter: NJ Devils lines: Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Sykora-Elias-Zubrus; Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson; Boulton-Sestito-Janssen.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils against Semyon Varlamov and the Avalanche.
- Tony Ambrogio via twitter: Tim Thomas will start in net for the Bruins tonight against the Maple Leafs.
Brendan Shanahan puts out videos explaining Jody Shelly and Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond’s suspensions
Brendan Shanahan explains Jody Shelly’s suspension of 5 regular season games and the remainder of the pre-season.
Shanahan explains the reasoning behind Flames Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond’s 1 regular season game and the remainder of the pre-season suspension.