- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Raphael Diaz
Injury Notes: Kesler, Malkin, Diaz, Gustafsson, Smith, Khabibulin, Duchene, Johnson, WIlson, Wingles and Havlat
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: Canucks Ryan Kesler played six games with a broken foot. He initially suffered the injury back on Feb. 15th and will now be out for 4 to 6 weeks with a fractured right foot.
“He has blocked a few shots and that foot had taken two X-rays that were negative, but the scan gave us another version,” said Canucks coach Alain Vigneault.
“Other than some discomfort, he was handling it well. Any fracture is four to six weeks, depending on the nature and some are less with hairline fractures.”
- Dan Rosen via twitter: Evgeni Malkin staked for about 30 minutes yesterday. He didn’t report any concussions symptoms on Tuesday.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Canadiens Raphael Diaz is out with a concussion.
- Sarah Baicker of CSN Philly: Flyers defenseman Erik Gustafsson blocked a shot in the 2nd period and didn’t return.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith was hit by Dustin Penner last night.
“It was more whiplash than anything,” Smith said. “But, he did get me in the shoulder, and it was the same shoulder. I came back, so it wasn’t too bad, but – the puck wasn’t even around, so that was what was interesting about the whole thing.”
Smith was sore but is expected to play tonight against the Sharks.
- Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun: The Edmonton Oilers have put goalie Nikolai Khabibulin on the injured reserve with a bad groin. He’ll be on the IR for at least a week.
“It is a little frustrating, in my situation especially,” said the 40-year-old veteran, who had been in world class form. “Coming from a big injury, rehabbing and getting ready, starting to feel good and actually getting playing time — and now this happens.
“It’s not too serious, but it needs to be taken care of. It’s just really annoying, that’s what it is.”
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avalanche center Matt Duchene didn’t skate yesterday due to a groin injury, but hasn’t been ruled out of tonight’s game against the Flames. Avs defenseman Erik Johnson skated with teammates yesterday, which may have been his first time since suffering a concussion on Feb. 11th. Defenseman Ryan Wilson, out with an ankle injury, is still not ready to begin skating.
- Kevin Kurz via twitter: Sharks Tommy Wingels is doubtful for today and Martin Havlat is probable.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: “insurance is a huge factor for players looking to play overseas, and it’ll prevent a lot of guys from going.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: KHL’s Ak Bars Kazan said they won’t sign NHLers. It was reported yesterday that Pavel Datsyuk was signing with them. Also reports of Ak Bars getting Alex Burmistrov, so there are some conflicting reports out there. Ken Wiebe via twitter: Burmistrov said he’s fine with being assigned to St. John’s of the AHL, “I have to go there and play hockey.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: A KHL source said that CSKA has stepped up bid for Alex Ovechkin. Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ovechkin’s agent said they’ll negotiate with Dynamo Moscow today. Has also had contact with CSKA.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Max Pacioretty said via a text regarding playing overseas, “Trying to, but there’s no Jobs.”
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Alexander Semin hasn’t signed with a KHL team, and has no immediate plans to sign with one according to his agent.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Rick Nash and Joe Thornton have agreed to deals with HC Davos of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pekka Rinne is finalizing a deal with Karpat of SM-Liiga in Finland.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Should know in the next 24 hours if an Anze Kopitar deal with Mora (Tier 2 Sweden) gets done. Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League in the mix if Mora deal falls through.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Raphael Diaz signed with EV Zug of the Swiss League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Logan Courture has agreed to a deal with Geneve-Servette HC.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Ales Hemsky has a deal with Pardubice of the Czech League, his dad is the GM.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Joe Pavelski said he wasn’t sure if he’ll play overseas, but is considering it.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: TJ Oshie on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but I’m definitely open to it though.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Wojtek Wolski on possibility of playing overseas, “Not sure yet, but trying to get something done as soon as possible.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Zdeno Chara is still unsure if he’ll play overseas during the lockout.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ilya Kovalchuk will officially sign with SKA tomorrow.
A list of all players/teams who have filed for salary arbitration. All players signed before their arbitration hearing.
|Team||Player||Date and/or Contract Notes|
|Anaheim Ducks||Nick Bonino||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $1.4 million|
|Colorado Avalanche||Jamie McGinn||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $3.55 million|
|Dallas Stars||Richard Bachman||Signed before hearing. 1 year, $625,000|
|Mark Fistric||Signed before hearing. 1 year, $1.475 million|
|Detroit Red Wings||Kyle Quincey||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $7.55 million|
|Edmonton Oilers||Sam Gagner||Signed before hearing. 1 year , $3.2 million|
|Florida Panthers||Kris Versteeg||Signed before hearing. 4 years, $17.2 million|
|Montreal Canadiens||Raphael Diaz||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $2.45 million|
|Nashville Predators||Sergei Kostitsyn||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $6 million|
|New Jersey Devils||Mark Fayne||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $1.6 million|
|New York Rangers||Anton Stralman||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $3.4 million|
|Ottawa Senators||Kaspars Daugavins||Signed before hearing. 1 year, $635,000|
|St. Louis Blues||T.J. Oshie||Signed before hearing. 5 years, $20.875 million|
|David Perron||Signed before hearing. 4 years, $15.25 million|
|San Jose Sharks||T.J. Galiardi||Signed before hearing. 1 year, $950,000|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||Nikolai Kulemin||Signed before hearing. 2 years, $5.6 million|
|Vancouver Canucks||Dale Weise||Signed before hearing. 1 year, $615,000|