- Free Agents
- 2014 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2014 UFA Centers
- 2014 UFA Left Wingers
- 2014 UFA Right Wingers
- 2014 UFA Defenseman
- 2014 UFA Goalies
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- Hall of Fame
- A. Joseph (Joe) Primeau
- Adam Oates
- Al Arbour
- Al MacInnis
- Albert Charles (Babe) Siebert
- Alex Connell
- Alexander Peter (Alex) Delvecchio
- Alfred E. (Alf) Smith
- Allan Herbert Stanley
- Allan M. (Scotty) Davidson
- Allan W. Pickard
- Anatoli V. Tarasov
- Anders Borje Salming
- Andrew James (Andy) Bathgate
- Andy Van Hellemond
- Angela James
- Angus D. Campbell
- Anthony James (Tony) Esposito
- Arthur Edmund (Art) Coulter
- Arthur F. Farrel
- Arthur Howie (Art) Ross
- Arthur M. Wirtz
- Aubrey V. (Dit) Clapper
- Aurel Emile Joliat
- Bernard Allan Federko
- Bernard Joseph Andre (Boom Boom) Geoffrion
- Bernard Marcel (Bernie) Parent
- Bill Torrey
- Blair Russel
- Bob Gainey
- Bob Johnson
- Bob Pulford
- Bobby Bauer
- Brendan Shanahan
- Brett Hull
- Brian Francis O’Neill
- Brian Kilrea
- Brian Leetch
- Bruce A. Norris
- Bruce Stuart
- Bryan Aldwyn Hextall
- Bryan Trottier
- Bun Cook
- Cam Neely
- Cammi Granato
- Capt. James T. Sutherland
- Carl P. Voss
- Cecil Henry (Babe) Dye
- Cecil R. (Tiny) Thompson
- Charles Adams
- Charles Graham Drinkwater
- Charles Hay
- Charles Joseph Sylvanus (Syl) Apps
- Charles Robert (Chuck) Gardiner
- Charles Thomas (Tom) Hooper
- Charles William (Charlie) Conacher
- Chris Chelios
- Clarence (Happy) Day
- Clarence S. Campbell
- Clark Gillies
- Claude C. Robinson
- Claude Earl (Chuck) Rayner
- Cliff Fletcher
- Clinton James Smith
- Clinton S. Benedict
- Conn Smythe
- Craig Patrick
- Cyril Joseph (Cy) Denneny
- Dale Hawerchuk
- Darryl Glen Sittler
- Daryl K. Seaman
- David (Sweeney) Schriner
- David Michael Keon
- Denis Potvin
- Denis Savard
- Dick Duff
- Didier Pitre
- Dino Ciccarelli
- Donald H. (Dan) Bain
- Doug Gilmour
- Douglas Bradford (Brad) Park
- Douglas Norman Harvey
- Douglas Wagner (Doug) Bentley
- Duncan McMillan (Mickey) MacKay
- E. S. (Chaucer) Elliott
- Earl Walter Seibert
- Ebenezer Ralston (Ebbie) Goodfellow
- Ed Belfour
- Ed Chynoweth
- Edgar Laprade
- Edouard (Newsy) Lalonde
- Edward (Eddie, Fast Eddie) Giacomin
- Edward George (Eddie) Gerard
- Edward M. Snider
- Edward Reginald (Reg) Noble
- Edward William (Eddie) Shore
- Elmer James Lach
- Emile (Butch) Bouchard
- Emile P. Francis
- Ernest (Ernie) Russell
- Ernest (Moose) Johnson
- F. J. (Mickey) Ion
- Father David Bauer
- Ferdinand Charles (Fernie) Flaman
- Foster W. Hewitt
- Francis (Frank) McGee
- Francis Charles (Frank) Brimsek
- Francis M. (King) Clancy
- Francis Nelson
- Francis William (Frank) Mahovlich
- Francois X. (Frank) Boucher
- Frank A. Griffiths
- Frank A. Patrick
- Frank Buckland
- Frank C. Foyston
- Frank Calder
- Frank D. Smith
- Frank Dilio
- Frank Fredrickson
- Frank J. Selke
- Frank Nighbor
- Frank Rankin
- Frank S. Mathers
- Frank Udvari
- Frank Xavier (Moose) Goheen
- Fred C. Waghorne (builder) n/a
- Fred G. (Steamer) Maxwell
- Fred J. Hume
- Fred Shero
- Frederick (Cyclone) Taylor
- Frederick Hugh (Hughie) Lehman
- Frederick Page
- Frederick Whitcroft
- Fredrick (Fred) Scanlan
- G. A. (Al) Leader
- Gen. John R. Kilpatrick
- George (Buck) Boucher
- George (Punch) Imlach
- George Edward (Chief) Armstrong
- George Hainsworth
- George Hayes
- George McNamara
- George Reginald (Red) Horner
- George Richardson
- George S. Dudley
- George V. Brown
- George William Hay
- Georges Vezina
- Gerald Michael (Gerry) Cheevers
- Geraldine Heaney
- Gilbert (Gil) Perreault
- Glen Sather
- Glenn Anderson
- Glenn Henry Hall
- Gordon (Gordie) Howe
- Gordon Allan (Phat) Wilson
- Gordon Arthur Drillon
- Gordon Blanchard (Duke) Keats
- Gordon Roberts
- Gordon W. Juckes
- Grant Fuhr
- Gunther Sabetzki
- Guy Damien Lafleur
- Guy Gerard Lapointe
- Hamilton Livingston (Billy) Gilmour
- Harley Hotchkiss
- Harold (Harry) Oliver
- Harold E. Ballard
- Harold Hugh (Harry) Cameron
- Harold Joseph (Bullet Joe) Simpson
- Harrold M (Harry) Hyland
- Harry (Apple Cheeks) Lumley
- Harry (Hap) Holmes
- Harry (Rat) Westwick
- Harry E. (Moose) Watson
- Harry J. Sinden
- Harry L. (Punch) Broadbent
- Harry Percival (Whipper) Watson
- Harvey (Busher) Jackson
- Harvey Pulford
- Hector (Toe) Blake
- Henry Judah (Harry) Trihey
- Henry Vernon (Harry) Howell
- Herb Brooks
- Herbert (Herbie) Lewis
- Herbert Martin (Herb) Gardiner
- Herbert William (Buddy) O’Connor
- Hobart Amery Hare (Hobey) Baker
- Howard William (Howie) Morenz
- Hubert George (Bill) Quackenbush
- Ian “Scotty” Morrison
- Igor Larionov
- Irvine Wallace (Ace) Bailey
- Ivan Wilfred (Ching) Johnson
- J. A. (Jack) Butterfield
- J. A. (Jimmy) Dunn
- J. Ambrose O’Brien
- J. C. V. (Jim) Hendy
- J. Cooper Smeaton
- J. D. (Jack) Ruttan
- J. F. (Bunny) Ahearne
- Jacques Gerard Lemaire
- James D. Norris
- James Dickenson (Dick) Irvin
- James Henry (Jimmy) Gardner
- James Norris Sr.
- Jari Pekka Kurri
- Jean Arthur Beliveau
- Jean Baptiste (Jack) Laviolette
- Jim Devellano
- Jim Gregory
- Joe Nieuwendyk
- Joe Sakic
- John A. Ziegler, Jr.
- John Bower (Bouse) Hutton
- John C. (Jack) Marshall
- John Calverley (Jake) Milford
- John D’Amico
- John G. Ashley
- John James (Jack) Adams
- John L. (Jack) Gibson
- John Mariucci
- John P. Bickell
- John Paul (Johnny) Bucyk
- John Phillip (Jack) Walker
- John Proctor (Jack) Darragh
- John Ross Robertson
- John Sherratt (Black Jack) Stewart
- John William (Johnny) Bower
- Joseph Cattarinich
- Joseph Gilbert Yvon (Jean) Ratelle
- Joseph Henri (Pocket Rocket) Richard
- Joseph Henri Maurice (The Rocket) Richard
- Joseph Henry (Joe) Hall
- Joseph Jacques (Jake the Snake) Plante
- Joseph Jacques Hughes Laperriere
- Joseph Mullen
- Jospeph Lynn Patrick
- Keith Allen
- Kenneth Joseph (Kenny) Reardon
- Kenneth Wayne Dryden
- Lanny McDonald
- Larry Murphy
- Larry Robinson
- Leo J. V. Dandurand
- Leo Joseph Boivin
- Leonard Patrick (Red) Kelly
- Lester Patrick
- Lionel Conacher
- Lloyd Turner
- Lord (of Preston) Stanley
- Lorne John (Gump) Worsley
- Lou Lamoriello
- Luc Robitaille
- M. I. (Matt) Pavelich
- Maj. Frederic McLaughlin
- Marcel Elphege Dionne
- Marcel Pronovost
- Mario Lemieux
- Mark Howe
- Mark Messier
- Martin (Marty) Walsh
- Martin A. (Marty) Barry
- Mats Sundin
- Maurice Joseph (Joe) Malone
- Maxwell Herbert Lloyd Bentley
- Mervyn (Red) Dutton
- Michael (Mike) Grant
- Michael J. Rodden
- Michel Goulet
- Mike Bossy
- Mike Gartner
- Mike Ilitch
- Miles Gilbert (Tim) Horton
- Milton Conrad (Milt) Schmidt
- Monsignor Athol (Père) Murray
- Murray Bert Olmstead
- Murray Costello
- Neil McNeil Colville
- Neil P. Armstrong
- Nelson (Old Poison) Stewart
- Norman R. (Bud) Poile
- Norman Victor Alexander (Norm) Ullman
- Oliver Levi Seibert
- Pat LaFontaine
- Patrick Joseph (Paddy) Moran
- Patrick Roy
- Paul Coffey
- Paul Loicq
- Pavel Bure
- Percy LeSueur
- Peter Stastny
- Philip Anthony (Phil) Esposito
- Philip D. Ross
- Pierre Paul Pilote
- R. A. (Red) Storey
- R. W. (Bobby) Hewitson
- Ralph (Cooney) Weiland
- Ray Scapinello
- Raymond Bourque
- Reginald (Hooley) Smith
- Richard R. (Dickie) Boon
- Richard Winston (Dickie) Moore
- Robert (Bob) LeBel
- Robert Blake Theodore (Ted) Lindsay
- Robert Earle (Bobby) Clarke
- Robert Gordon (Bobby) Orr
- Robert Marvin (Bobby) Hull
- Rod Langway
- Rodrigue Gabriel (Rod) Gilbert
- Roger Paul Neilson
- Ron Francis
- Roy (Shrimp) Worters
- Roy Conacher
- Rudy Pilous
- Russell (Barney) Stanley
- Russell (Dubbie) Bowie
- Sam Pollock
- Samuel Russell (Rusty) Crawford
- Scott Niedermayer
- Scott Stevens
- Scotty Bowman
- Sen. Donat Raymond
- Sen. Hartland deM. Molson
- Serge Aubrey Savard
- Seymour H., III Knox
- Sidney Gerald (Sid) Abel
- Silas Seth (Si) Griffis
- Sir Montagu Allan
- Sprague Cleghorn
- Stanley (Stan) Mikita
- Stephen John Shutt
- Steve Yzerman
- Sydney Harris (Syd) Howe
- Sylvio Mantha
- T. F. (Tommy) Lockhart
- T. Franklin Ahearn
- T. P. (Tommy) Gorman
- Terrance Gordon (Terry) Sawchuk
- Theodre Samuel (Ted Teeder) Kennedy
- Thomas Christian (Tom) Johnson
- Thomas Dunderdale
- Thomas J. Smith
- Thomas N. (Tommy) Phillips
- Thomas N. Ivan
- Valeri Kharlamov
- Viacheslav Fetisov
- Vladislav Aleksandrovich Tretiak
- W. L. (Bill) Chadwick
- W. M. (Bill) Jennings
- Walter (Babe) Pratt
- Walter A. Brown
- Walter Bush
- Walter Edward (Turk) Broda
- Wayne Gretzky
- Weston W. Sr. Adams
- Wilfred Thomas (Shorty) Green
- William (Bill) Cook
- William (Bill) Hanley
- William (Bill) John Smith
- William (Bill) Mosienko
- William (Billy) Burch
- William Alexander (Bill) Gadsby
- William Charles (Bill) Barber
- William George (Billy) McGimsie
- William H. (Hod) Stuart
- William M. Northey
- William Mailes (Bill) Cowley
- William Milton (Riley) Hern
- William Ronald (Bill) Durnan
- William Thayer Tutt
- William W. Wirtz
- Woody Dumart
- Yvan Serge (Roadrunner) Cournoyer
Posts Tagged Ray Whitney
- Missy Zielinski: Lightning’s Steven Stamkos had successful surgery yesterday to stabilize his fractured right tibia. Bob McKenzie: No official timeline for his recovery, three months seems to be the unofficial prognosis. Damian Cristodero: Stamkos will be back in Tampa to start rehab on Thursday.
- James Duthie: Kings Jonathan Quick left last night’s game in OT with an injury. Lisa Dillman: Looked like a lower-body issue for Quick.
- Lisa Dillman: (s/t @bigmouthbarry) Kings coach Darryl Sutter said: “Clifford, Jeff (Carter) and Greener (Matt Greene) no goes for trip.”
- David Alter: Maple Leafs Tyler Bozak is skating but is not able to return until November 21st at the earliest.
- Pat Leonard: Rangers Rick Nash skated yesterday morning as part of their optional skate. Katie Strang: Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said that Rick Nash will practice with the team today.
- Scott Powers: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said they are hopeful that Michal Rozsival would practice today and play on Thursday.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Brendan Smith was back skating yesterday. Said shoulder feels good and could return this weekend.
- Mark Stepneski: The Stars put Ray Whitney on the IR with a lower-body injury and recall Travis Morin.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes Cam Ward may be able to return this weekend and Jeff Skinner could start practicing on Friday or early next week.
Scouting the Stars … Nonis on Bozak and MacArthur … Oshie Sued … Granlund Reassigned … Montador Clears Waivers
- Dallas Morning News: From Dennis Bernstein and Mike Heika: the Bruins, Penguins, Maple Leafs, Blue Jackets, Wild and Rangers have scouted the Dallas Stars the last two games. The Stars scouted the Bruins-Senators game on Monday. Bruce Garrioch noted that the Bruins, Penguins and Flyers are looking for scoring help, and that the Stars have a decision to make regarding Brenden Morrow. Morrow has a no-trace clause.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis is unlikely to offer contract extensions to Tyler Bozak and Clarke MacArthurin the next month, though that can change, nor is he going to trade them just because they will be free agents at the end of the year. Nonis is open to trading both players, as he is with many others, but a deal would happen because of what they could get back and not about their contracts.
“I’ve never had a problem with a player who was going to be a UFA staying with the team after the trade deadline and then working something out at a later date,” Nonis said on Monday.
“Right now both Tyler and Clarke are playing well and seem to be happy.”
“Right now, I don’t feel compelled to move anyone by April 3. And I would have to say, at least at this time, I don’t expect anything to happen (extension-wise) by that date either, although things can change.”
The Leafs are open to bringing in a rental player, but it has to make sense in the short and long term.
“But here’s the thing with that,” he explained. “If you are willing to bring in a rental player, why wouldn’t you keep guys (like Bozak and MacArthur) who are already on your team? They have the same contract status as rent-a-players.”
- Eric Macramalla via twitter: Blues forward T.J. Oshie is being sued by his landlord for $12,000 after his dogs damaged the apartment.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild have assigned Mikael Granlund to the AHL. He’d been a healthy scratch in four of the last eight games.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Blackhawks Steve Montador cleared waivers.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars Ray Whitney is in tonight. Brenden Morrow and Jamie Benn are likely out.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: From a chat transcript: If the Stars continue to struggle and are a non-playoff team at the trade deadline, Heika could see them dangling Michael Ryder, Jaromir Jagr, Brenden Morrow, Stephane Robidas and maybe Ray Whitney. Might have an issue staying about the cap floor if they made a bunch of moves. The Stars are not actively looking for a trade at this time. They are talking and listening though.
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Roberto Luongo has done a very good job dealing with the possibility of being traded. The Maple Leafs are still interested, but they are not willing to pay the price the Canucks GM Mike Gillis is demanding in both players and prospects. The Panthers may or may not be interested. Washington is just speculation at the moment.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Roberto Luongo: “That stuff will sort itself out whenever the time is right, but we’re here to get the win.”
- QMI Agency on Slam! Sports: Multiple sources are saying that a new bid for the Phoenix Coyotes could come from Calgary based Portland Winterhawks owner, Bill Gallacher. FOX Sports Arizona is saying that Gallacher could be looking to buy the team and move them to Portland, where there already is an NHL-ready arena. Jamison has said he still plans on buying the Coyotes. Gary Bettman has also said they want to keep the team in Glendale.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Milan Jurcina received offers from the Senators, Kings and Red Wings, but couldn’t get a deal done. If Lukko’s season is over by April 3rd, he could still come back over.
- The Fourth Period: Gabriel Landeskog has been approached by a couple Norwegian teams. Matt Duchene is not considering playing in Europe unless the entire NHL season is lost. Jan Hejda will wait until November before deciding what to do. Paul Stastny may be looking to pay in Germany with his brother Yan if the lockout drags on.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Ryan Suter on playing overseas, “Not right now.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Martin Brodeur on playing overseas, “Not now for sure only if it drags on I’ll look into it.”
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Roman Hamrlik on playing overseas, “not going anywhere for now.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Jonathan Quick on playing overseas, “I don’t know.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Cam Ward and James Wisniewski on playing overseas, “Not interested.”
- Regan Bartel via twitter: Luke Schenn is considering practicing with his old junior team, the Kelowna Rockets.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Ray Whitney said he won’t be going overseas.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Cam Fowler not sure if he’s going overseas.
Rumors and Notes: Parise, Suter, Lamoriello, Carle, Ryan, Weber, Flyers, Semin, Kings, Stars, Burke Audio and Bruins
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said their offer to Parise “was competitive.” Lamoriello confirms that Parise told him, had he not gone back home to Minnesota, he would have stayed with the Devils. From tone of both media calls, Lamoriello taking it better than David Poile. Lamoriello said that he reached out to Ryan Suter as well, but Suter didn’t have any interest coming East.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Here we go now for Matt Carle, Rick Nash, Bobby Ryan, Jay Bouwmeester and wild-card Shea Weber.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Predators GM David Poile said that he’s already talked to Shea Weber’s camp about a long-term deal, going to turn his attention to that.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: The Flyers are upping their efforts for Bobby Ryan.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Yohe doubts that the Penguins have an interest in Alexander Semin.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Pierre Maguire said on TSN radio that an East teams is interested in a defenseman from the Kings roster, giving currency to their suggestion of a Rob Scuderi move.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: People were asking Murphy if the Stars would move Brenden Morrow after the addition of Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Ray Whitney, Murphy doesn’t think so. Morrow is a leader and money isn’t an issue anymore.
- Brian Burke Audio on the Fan 590 last night:
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun: Brian Burke vows to improve the Maple Leafs with more roster moves. Burke said: “We need to get some sandpaper in there as well,” and that Tim Connolly needs to pick up his game.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: The Bruins are still looking for a puck moving defenseman. “Obviously we’ve tried to [develop a puck-mover] a little bit in the last few years, or bring in a player of that ilk,” said Bruins assistant GM Don Sweeney. Dougie Hamilton hold the inside track on the 6th defensive spot heading into next year.
“You look at what Doug Hamilton may or may not be able to bring and what he was able to do at the junior level. You hope that [his offensive skills] translate and that he’s gonna be a puck mover,” said Sweeney. “Is he a prototypical guy . . . sometimes you describe those guys as being small and skilled wise? No, those guys are big and skilled now. It’s the best of both worlds in that regard.
Other options from within are David Warsofsky, Torey Krug and down the road Matt Grzelcyk.
“It is expensive to acquire that [puck-moving defenseman] as it would be to sign a player; Dennis Wideman’s contract is what it is,” said Sweeney. “Ideally, you’d like to develop that, and you would be homegrown in every position. We look for [the puck-moving defenseman], of course.”
We’ll leave this post at the top of the site and fill in signings. Will look to continue with rumors, trades and notes below.
|Player||’12-13 Team||Contract notes|
|Bracken Kearns||Sharks||1 year, $550,000 2 way|
|Jay Leach||Devils||1 year, $525,000|
|Joey Crabb||Captials||1 year , $950,000|
|Brian McGrattan||Predators||1 year|
|John Scott||Sabres||1 year, $600,000|
|Mike Blunden||Canadiens||1 yea|
|Jason Garrison||Canucks||6 years, $27.6|
|Jordan Henry||Ducks||1 year, $600,000|
|Sheldon Souray||Ducks||3 years, $11 million|
|Cedrick Desjardins||Canadiens||1 year, $600,000|
|Aaron Rome||Stars||3 years , $4.5 million|
|Jordin Tootoo||Red Wings||3 years, $5.7 million|
|Mike Kostka||Maple Leafs|
|Mikael Samuelsson||Red Wings||2 years, $6 million|
|Bryan Allen||Ducks||3 years, $10.5 million|
|Matt Frattin||Maple Leafs||2 years, $1.7 million|
|Ryan Hamilton||Maple Leafs||1 year , $600,000 2 way|
|Jussi Rynnas||Maple Leafs||1 year 2 way|
|Sami Salo||Lightning||2 years, $7.5 million|
|Jay McClement||Maple Leafs||2 years, $3 million|
|Adrian Aucoin||Blue Jackets||1 year, $2 million plus bonuses|
|Taylor Chorney||Blues||1 year|
|Chris Mason||Predators||1 year, $1.25 million|
|P.A. Parenteau||Avalanche||4 years, $16 million|
|Eric Boulton||Islanders||1 year|
|George Parros||Panthers||2 years , $1.9 million|
|Alexei Ponikarovsky||Jets||1 year, $1.8 million|
|Darcy Hordichuk||Oilers||1 year , $850,000|
|Sheldon Brookbank||Blackhawks||2 years|
|Greg Zanon||Avalanche||2 years, $4.5 million|
|Brandon Prust||Canadiens||4 years, $10 million|
|Michael Haley||Rangers||2 years|
|Francis Bouillon||Canadiens||1 year, $1.5 million|
|Kris Newbury||Rangers||2 years, 2 way|
|Chad Johnson||Coyotes||1 year, 2 way deal|
|Dustin Penner||Kings||1 year, $3.25 million|
|Filip Kuba||Panthers||2 years, $8 million|
|Tanner Glass||Penguins||2 years, $2.2 million|
|Arron Asham||Rangers||2 years, $2 million|
|Matt Carkner||Islanders||3 years , $4.5 million|
|Riley Holzapfel||Penguins||1 year , $525,000|
|Curtis McElhinney||Blue Jackets||1 year, $750,000 2 way|
|Steve MacIntyre||Penguins||2 year, 2 way|
|Andre Benoit||Ottawa||1 year, $650,000|
|Brad Boyes||Islanders||1 year, $1 million|
|Adam Burish||Sharks||4 years, $7.2 million|
|Brad Staubitz||Ducks||2 years, $1.275 million|
|Ray Whitney||Stars||2 years, $9 million.|
|Artem Sergeev||Lightning||3 year entry level deal|
|Colby Armstrong||Canadiens||1 year, $1 million|
|Guillaume Latendresse||Senators||1 year, $1.25 million plus bonuses|
|Torrey Mitchell||Wild||3 years, $5.7 million|
|Zenon Konopka||Wild||2 years , $1.5 million|
|Jeff Zatkoff||Penguins||2 years, $1.05 million|
|Mike Lundin||Senators||1 year , $1.15 million|
|Stu Bickel||Rangers||2 years, $1.5 million|
|Joe Corvo||Hurricanes||1 year , $2 million|
|Justin Peters||Hurricanes||2 years , $1.075. 1st year 2 way|
|John Mitchell||Avalanche||2 years , $2.2 million|
|Greg Rallo||Panthers||1 year, 2 way|
|Dov Grumet-Morris||Panthers||1 year, 2 way|
|Jonas Gustavsson||Red Wings||2 years, $3 million|
|David Moss||Coyotes||2 years , $4.2 million|
|Derek Meech||Jets||1 year, $700,000 2-way|
|Scott Clemmensen||Panthers||2 years.|
|Brett Sutter||Hurricanes||1 year, $550,000|
|Michael Leighton||Flyers||1 year, $900,000|
|Benoit Pouliot||Lightning||1 year, $1.8 million|
|Yann Danis||Oilers||1 year, $775,00- 2 way|
|Ryan Smyth||Oilers||Re-signed. 2 years, $4.5 milion|
Rumors and Notes: Suter and Parise get 10 year offers from Flyers, Nash, Carolina, Ottawa, Allen, Doan, Hudler and Ponikarovsky
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Sources saying the Flyers gave Ryan Suter and Zach Parise each 10 year offers.
- Brian Lawton via twitter: Early word is that nothing may be expected for Suter and Parise until Tuesday at the earliest.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: The Red Wings contingent were ready to fly to Toronto to meet with Parise, but were told Don Meehan canceled all meetings as more than 20 teams inquired. Offers only coming in by phone. Red Wings made a big offer.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Sources saying Suter is asking for big money up-front just like Parise.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Confirms that Carolina is not on Rick Nash’s approval list. Senators also interested but not on list. Many think that Nash may alter his list to get out of Columbus. Portzline doesn’t get that sense.
- Darren Dreger vai twitter: Bryan Allen getting interest, has offers on the table.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Shane Doan won’t make a decision until Coyotes ownership situation is resolved and is looking for a 4 or 5 year deal.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: With Whitney leaving, may increase Coyotes talks with Jiri Hudler. Coyotes need a center to play with Hanzal and Vrbata. Ansar Khan via twitter: Hudler is talking with the Coyotes.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Alexei Ponikarovsky will likely sign today but not with the Devils.
Rumors and Notes: Parise, Crosby and Quick salaries, Kuba, Pyatt, Langkow, Coyotes, Salvador, New Jersey, Predators
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: With Zach Parise meeting with many suitors today at his agents office, will likely need a day to decide what he wants to do, similar to what Brad Richards did last year.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Sidney Crosby will get $12 million for the 1st 3 seasons. He’ll make close to $11 million salary cap hit for the 1st 9 years of the deal.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Jonathan Quick’s contract totals: $7 million a year for the 1st 7 years, $3 million a year for the next 3 years.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Expect Filip Kuba to get signed quickly. He’d like to go back to Tampa Bay.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Pyatt and Langkow want to return to Phoenix, but Coyotes unsure until they know what happens with Shane Doan and Ray Whitney.
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: Bryce Salvador on Devils big UFAs:
“In a perfect world, we’d be able to keep the team we had this last year,” Salvador said. “The reality is it’s tough to do. Up until Marty got an agent, you’d never have thought Marty would not be playing for the Devils. But there is the possibility.
“Those guys are a big part of the team. Everybody knows that and everybody wants to see what happens. I know I’m waiting to see what happens.”
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Predators GM David Poile:
“I don’t think we have too many holes on our hockey club. I think we have the one big hole, and that’s Ryan Suter,”
“I’m not expecting a quick resolution on (the Suter) situation,” Poile said. “It could be a couple of days. We have to go about our business and fill the holes of what needs to be filled based on the players available and the value that’s out there.”
“We’re looking for a veteran goaltender to back up Pekka (Rinne). We have Plan B in terms of if Suter is not coming back on defense. We have a couple of forwards we’re looking at. You just never know,” Poile said.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The Red Wings have a delegation headed the Zach Parise’s agents offices in Mississauga.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Don’t rule out Sharks GM Doug Wilson, who likes to lie in the weeds. If they really want Nash, they could get it done quickly.
- Gus Katsaros via twitter: Katsaros thinks that Ray Whitney would be a good replacement for Jiri Hudler if he leaves the Wings.
- Davied Pagnotta via twitter: Defenseman that are available for trade: Yandle, Bouwmeester, Hjalmarsson, Franson, Methot, Diaz, Gonchar, Martin, Vlasic.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes GM Maloney thinks their roster may change more through trade than free agency. They will target a couple players. A Shane Doan deal didn’t get done because of the uncertainty of the team in Phoenix. He could take a 1 year deal, but wants the term as it’s likely his last multi year deal. GM Maloney believes that Doan will give the Coyotes a chance even after listening to other offers. Maloney, “”If we’re in PHX, there’s no question that he would sign a multi-year deal. I’ve had enough discussion w/ his agent. We’d be able to do a contract.”
- The Fourth Period: The earliest that Doan would sign a contract would presumably be July 8th, when there will be a clearer picture about what is going on with the team in Phoenix. Doan’s side will take from calls and entertain offers from teams from today until to the 8th.
More Luongo rumblings … Ott in play … Pens looking for Letang partner … Keeping Suter’s rights … Rangers options … Flyers cost for Ryan
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Source said that Roberto Luongo to this point has declined to waive his no trade clause to go to the Blackhawks or Maple Leafs. As of today, the Panthers are the only place he’s willing to be traded to. Bob McKenzie via twitter: There’s a lot of talk about Roberto Luongo waiving/not waiving his no trade clause. McKenzie thinks that the process has yet to be that formal. He prefers Florida, but if that doesn’t work out, doors to Toronto or elsewhere are not closed. At the end of the day, Luongo has to make sure he doesn’t end up with Chicago of the AHL. Right now the Panthers and Maple Leafs think the asking price is too high. James Mirtle via twitter: Mirtle thinks that Luongo may have both interest and reservations about a trade to Toronto. Doesn’t think they he’s officially said yes or no. Aaron Portzline via twitter: Portzline thinks Luongo is using the power of his no-trade clause to “steer” a trade to the Panthers as much as possible.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Stars Steve Ott is still in play. LeBrun thinks he’d be a great fit in Montreal. The Stars could hold on to him if they don’t get what they are looking for.
- Rob Rossi via twitter: The Penguins top priority is to find a partner for Kris Letang. A Paul Martin deal almost happened at the draft. The Penguins will be in on Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, but aren’t the favorites. Each player, like Sidney Crosby, would have to take less.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Despite teams being interested in trading for Ryan Suter’s rights, it’s likely that he’ll test the open market. Suter has given the Predators no indication that he wouldn’t re-sign with the team. If the Predators were to trade his rights, it may hamper David Poile’s attempt re-sign him. Suter is a midwest guy and likes the anonymity of playing in Nashville.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Rangers GM Glen Sather said they will be “as aggressive as possible” in the free agent market.
“The closer to the top you are, you have to be a little more aggressive if you want to get better,” the GM said. “If you trade, you have to give away assets, but in free agency you’re just giving away money and [taking] the chance the cap might shrink.
“I think we’re going to try to be as aggressive as possible in the free agent market.”
The Rangers currently have about $20 million in cap space, but need to re-sign Michael Del Zotto and Martin Biron. They’d like Zach Parise. Alexander Semin is one option, but it’s hard to see the Rangers giving him the long term deal he’s said to be looking for. Other options could be Ray Whitney, Ryan Smyth, Shane Doan and maybe Jochen Hecht. The Rangers are interested in Justin Schultz. They talked to the Coyotes about Keith Yandle but the price was too high.
- Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers would probably have to give up Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and a 1st round pick for Bobby Ryan.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: The Flyers will take a look at free agent defenseman on July 1st to see what’s there. GM Paul Holmgren wouldn’t comment on whether they are interested in Justin Schultz as he didn’t want to be accused of tampering.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: A source said the Flyers will make inquiries about Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. He remains optimistic that he’ll get Matt Carle re-signed and now maybe lukewarm on Jaromir Jagr. Once the salary cap goes up to around $70.3 million on July 1st, Carle may be re-signed. Holmgren on James van Reimsdyk name being in trade rumors:
“He should maybe take that as a compliment _ that he keeps hearing his name like that,” Holmgren said. “I like James. I think he has a tremendous future in the league, and he’s one of our most gifted goal scorers _ and he’s 6-foot-3 or 6-4. He’s our player right now.”
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: The Red Wings also can’t talk about Schultz, but they are 1 of about a dozen teams that are extremely interested. There is a belief that Schultz wants to play closer to home (British Columbia) or with former Wisconsin teammates. The Canucks, Oilers, Rangers and Maple Leafs are said to be leading candidates. Schultz did play with Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith for 1 season.
- Curtis Zupke via twitter: LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi said that ideally he would like to get Jonathan Quick’s contract extension done before the start of training camp but the new CBA could complicate things.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes GM Maloney has talked to all 6 of their UFAs. Talks with Shane Doan are “positive” and “encouraging.” Sticking point with Ray Whitney is length and money. The 40 year old Whitney wants more than 1 year. Maloney has had conversations with Michal Rozsival, he’s not pursuing a KHL deal and wants to remain in the NHL. The free agent pool isn’t deep, so teams could be looking the trade route. Maloney has already started making calls.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Former Chicago Blackhawk, Cristobal Huet is looking to return to the NHL after playing a couple seasons in the Swiss league.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Brad Stuart took less to sign with the Sharks than he could have got elsewhere. 3 year deal at $3.6 million per season.
When looking at the Coyotes at the start of the season, I and probably most of you think the same thing. Which players are going to be in there fire sale at the deadline? To the surprise of many they Dave Tippets team stays competitive and makes the playoffs as they’ve done the past 2 seasons and are on pace to again this season. Although they have no owner, GM Don Maloney have put a competitive team on the ice with a budget payroll.
With 73 points on top of the pacific division they will be looking to add but on a budget. They have already acquired Antoine Vermette from the Columbus Blue Jackets. One big area of concern is they’re last ranked power play. Radim Vrbata has had a tremendous season already reaching the 30 goal plateau. All star Keith Yandle has also had a very impressive season, so has coyotes points leader Ray Whitney and captain Shane Doan. I also look at how goalie Mike Smith is performing and who needs Bryzgolov (enjoy Philly only 8 years left). If not for Panthers coach Kevin Dineen and Blues coach Ken Hitchcock, Dave Tippet would be favored for the Jack Adams award.