- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Riley Sheahan
- Helene St. James via twitter: Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle with a blood-alcohol level of 0.17 or more. The driving the wrong way on a one-way street and using false ID charges were dropped. Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 30th in a teletubby costume and was carrying his teammates, Brendan Smith’s ID. Because his alcohol content level was so high, he was charged under Michigan’s “super-drunk” DUI law.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Ryan Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, has said that Kesler’s return has been pushed back by several months. The Canucks may not agree with Overhardt’s timeline. Kesler had offseason shoulder and wrist surgeries, and was expected to be back next month. Kesler was re-evaluated two-weeks ago.
“The re-evaluation was positive in that the surgeries were successful,” said Overhardt. “However, the compounding nature of both of those surgeries being on the same side of the body, it’s been very hard to properly rehab either one of the them — particularly the shoulder — because that’s obviously a big deal.
“I don’t think it’s fair to have any sort of time frame when he’s going to be 100 per cent and cleared to play. I don’t have a crystal ball and it’s certainly months away, it’s not weeks away. It’s several months away.”
The Canucks may be thin down the middle if Kesler is out longer than expected. Kuzma drops the, they could move to Roberto Luongo to the Maple Leafs for Tyler Bozak rumor.
“I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s months away — that’s news to me — and I haven’t been given a timeline,” said assistant general manager Laurence Gilman. “The rehab for his shoulder was complicated by the surgery that happened with his wrist and it has impacted his ability to build strength in his shoulder.
“It’s a gradual process and he’s improving every day. We assume he’ll be healthy in due course but when that’s going to be, at this stage that’s not clear.”
Doan was close to signing with the Flyers … Sheahan was arrested in a Teletubby costume … Klefbom surgery choice
- Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly: A day after Shane Doan re-signed with the Coyotes in September, his agent, Terry Bross, posted a picture of two Shane Doan jersey’s in Flyers colors on instagram. The picture had the caption “So glad this didn’t happen. It came close though.” A Flyers team source did say the that the Flyers created Doan jerseys “months ago.” Theey also said that it is not uncommon for them to make up jerseys for potential players.
- Peter Wallner of MLive: When Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was pulled over by the cops on October 29th, he was nearly four times (0.30) over the legal limit, and he was wearing a purple Teletubby costume. Sheahan was charged with providing false information as he was carrying Brendan Smith’s Michigan drivers license.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers prospect Oscar Klefbom is anticipating he’s played his last game in Sweden. Klefbom gets to choose where he’ll have surgery, Dec. 6th in Sweden or Dec. 13th in Edmonton.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Jason Chimera will be returning to the U.S. after 5 games with Chomutov in the Czech league. He was on a month-to-month deal.
Filppula hurts knee … Sheahan arrested … Meszaros skating … Prohorkin’s contract invalid … Gervais heading to Germany
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Valtteri Filppula sprained his right knee on Tuesday in Finland. He’ll undergo further examination today.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detriot News: Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was arrested on October 29th and charged with “driving with an alcohol content more than two times the legal limit.” Sheahan blew 0.17 or higher and gave false information after being pulled over for going the wrong way on a one way street. He pleaded not guilty and faces 180 days in jail.
“I’m aware of the charges against Riley,” general manager Ken Holland said. “Internally we’ve dealt with Riley. He obviously made a very, very poor decision.”
- Tim Panaccio of the CSN Philly: Flyers Andrej Meszaros skated yesterday for the 2nd time in full equipment. Meszaros tore his right Achilles tendon in August. Recovery is still 4 to 6 months.
“If I can come back in four months, that would be awesome,” Meszaros said. “But if it is six months, then that is what it is.”
“I’m feeling pretty good, back skating with full gear on,” Meszaros said. “It’s coming along and I’m happy about that.”
“If I am lucky, I don’t know,” he said. “I wish I had not had this injury so I could be in Europe playing right now. I miss playing. On the other hand, for me, it’s good that I am getting better. After my back injury, and then this, I have had more rehab on the back, too.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: The LA Kings contract with Nikolai Prohorkin has been ruled invalid.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Chris Stewart signs with Crimmitschau for the rest of the lockout. He was previously with Liberec (1 pt in 5 gms) and Crimmitschau (11 pts in 9 gms) before that.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Bruno Gervais signed with Heilbronn in Germany.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Penguins that skated together yesterday at Southpointe: Niskanen, Lovejoy, Dupuis, Kunitz, Cooke, Adams, Vitale, Kennedy, Crosby, Fleury plus Brent Johnson.
There are plenty of entries of rumors this morning, so we’ve broken them down in to 3 separate entries.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has had talks with Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, not about moving up, but sending an asset to the Oilers not to take the player they want. It has been rumored the Bruins target winger Taylor Hall. The Bruins won’t be trading the #2 pick and will select Tyler Seguin if a trade can’t be worked out with the Oilers, and the Oilers select Hall. The Bruins also hold the #15, #32, and #45 and may consider moving up or down in the draft.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Continuing on with the top 2 picks and a possible trade. The Bruins may have the #15 pick, RFA winger Blake Wheeler, or Mikko Lehtonen (prospect) in play. Chiarelli told Boston reports that they haven’t had moved forward with “that type of discussion”. Edmonton won’t know who’ll they take until they sit down one more time with their scouts.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: One top draft pick whose stock could be all over the lottery range is Brett Connolly. Arguably the 3rd best forward behind Hall and Seguin, could be drafted in the top 5, or fall down to 15th. Connolly played for the woeful Prince George Raiders of the WHL, but was limited to only 16 games. On 4 different occasions he was forced out of the lineup with hip flexors, at first to the right side, then to the left. All teams have been given his medical reports, and spoke to him about injuries at the scouting combine. MyNHLdraft.com has him going at #5 to the NY Islanders. I don’t see him dropping any further than 10th to the Rangers and I think he’ll be gone before then. Isles at #5, Tampa at #6, Atlanta at #8, and Minnesota at #9 are strong candidates to draft him.
- Mike Russo of the Star Tribune: Draft options for the Minnesota Wild at #9. LWer Brett Connolly. C/RW Jeff Skinner, RW Nino Niederreiter, C Ryan Johansen, C Alex Burmistrov, C Mikael Granlund.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: With the stock piling of defenseman in the past couple years with their top picks, look for the St. Louis Blues to move in a different direction with their 14th overall pick.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: The Ottawa Senators (drafting 16th) are in a similar situation to the St. Louis Blues, depth on the blueline when it comes to prospects/young players. They aren’t against moving up to get a top propect unless it’s reasonable, but without a 2nd round pick it may be difficult. The Sens may also consider moving back in the draft, picking up some extra picks.
- Jon Lu of TSN (video): The Canadiens may focus on center’s that have size. John MacFarland or Riley Sheahan could be possibilities.