- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Stephane Robidas
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: From a chat transcript: If the Stars continue to struggle and are a non-playoff team at the trade deadline, Heika could see them dangling Michael Ryder, Jaromir Jagr, Brenden Morrow, Stephane Robidas and maybe Ray Whitney. Might have an issue staying about the cap floor if they made a bunch of moves. The Stars are not actively looking for a trade at this time. They are talking and listening though.
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Roberto Luongo has done a very good job dealing with the possibility of being traded. The Maple Leafs are still interested, but they are not willing to pay the price the Canucks GM Mike Gillis is demanding in both players and prospects. The Panthers may or may not be interested. Washington is just speculation at the moment.
- Mark Lazerus via twitter: Roberto Luongo: “That stuff will sort itself out whenever the time is right, but we’re here to get the win.”
- QMI Agency on Slam! Sports: Multiple sources are saying that a new bid for the Phoenix Coyotes could come from Calgary based Portland Winterhawks owner, Bill Gallacher. FOX Sports Arizona is saying that Gallacher could be looking to buy the team and move them to Portland, where there already is an NHL-ready arena. Jamison has said he still plans on buying the Coyotes. Gary Bettman has also said they want to keep the team in Glendale.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Milan Jurcina received offers from the Senators, Kings and Red Wings, but couldn’t get a deal done. If Lukko’s season is over by April 3rd, he could still come back over.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Rick DiPietro to SC Riessensee of Germany’s 2nd league is now official.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Milan Michalek has started practicing with Ceske Budejovice. David Pagnotta via twitter: They are in talks, with insurance and his health being issues. Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Peter Regin will return to play in Denmark once some tax issues are straightened out.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Reports are that Ryan McDonagh will be joining HC Barys of the KHL.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Stephane Robidas signed with HIFK of the SM-Liiga.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Tomas Tatar has left his Slovak Extraliga team and returned to Grand Rapids of the AHL.
- Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun: Alex Edler and Jason Garrison haven’t been skating with Canucks teammates. According to Kevin Bieksa, they are “unhealthy.” Both injuries do not appear to be serious as Edler was kicking field goals after the Lions game, and Garrison is said to be skating on his own in Richmond.
Rumors involving the Oilers … List of forwards that could be available … Ovie, Michalek have hearings … Rangers need Dman … Benn to IR
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: The Oilers are taking calls for Ales Hemsky as half the league is looking for a top 6 forward. The Oilers need a puck moving defenseman more than a draft pick. It’s unlikely the Predators would give up Ryan Ellis for Hemsky. One scout thinks the Predators would rather have Ryan Smyth over Hemsky, but Smyth likely won’t waive his no-trade clause at the deadline. The Senators are a wild card for Hemsky. The Oilers have liked Drew Stafford. Matheson wonders if the Kings would be interested in a Jonathan Bernier for Magnus Paajarvi deal this summer. The Blackhawks might take a look at Chris Campoli for their 4-5 hole that they are looking to fill. The Predators may look at taking offers for backup Anders Lindback this summer.
- Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Molinari lists some ‘rental’ players that could be available this year: Jason Blake (Ana), Josh Green (Edm), Nicklas Hagman (Ana), Adam Hall (TB), Ales Hemsky (Edm), Kristian Huselius (CBJ), Saku Koivu (Ana), Dominic Moore (TB), Frans Nielsen (NYI), Samuel Pahlsson (Ana), Jay Pandolfo (NYI), P.A. Parenteau (NYI), George Parros (Ana), Vinny Prospal (CBJ), Tuomo Ruutu (Car), Teemu Selanne (Ana) and Ryan Smyth (Edm).
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Capitals Alex Ovechkin will have a hearing today for his high hit on Michalek. Penguins Zbynek Michalek will have a hearing today for his elbow on Hendricks.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Rangers GM Glen Sather needs to add a defenseman that can handle big minutes down the stretch. They’ve always liked Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason. Stars Sheldon Souray is an interesting option given his ability on the power play, but there are questions about his ability to defend. Ryan Suter is a possibility if he becomes available and if they want to go that direction.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Heika wonders if the Stars may have to consider moving Stephane Robidas, Brenden Morrow or Nicklas Grossman to create roster room for younger players. Heika doesn’t think so, as it sends a message that they are giving up this year. If they fall out of the race though, they may do something.
- Dallas Stars via twitter: The Stars have placed Jamie Benn on the IR and recalled Matt Fraser.
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: More will be known about Jonathan Toews injury after practice today. The Blackhawks have only 1 game before the All-Star break.
- Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets Dustin Byfuglien and Evander Kane didn’t accompany the team to Carolina for tonight’s game. They play the Rangers on Tuesday in NY. Byfuglien and Kane are not expected to play until after the All-Star break.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets forward R.J. Umberger could play tonight after missing the last 5 games with a concussion. Predators defenseman Ryan Suter is expected to be back after missing 3 games with an upper-body injury.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Recently signed Brett Lebda will make his debut tonight, and will be on the top pairing with Fedor Tyutin.
- David Alter via twitter: Leafs lines at yesterday’s practice: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, Crabb-Grabo-Kulie, Lombardi-Connolly-Kadri, MacArthur-Steckel-Brown, x Rosehill,Armstrong,Boyce.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Russo is hearing that the Panthers could be signing John Madden tomorrow. George Richards via twitter: Panthers say a John Madden announcement is not forthcoming. Panthers assistant coach Craig Ramsay said that Madden will really help the Panthers with face-offs and other intangibles. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said they are talking with John Madden but nothing has happened yet. Tallon on Madden: “We don’t know how long that’s going to take [to get rust off] and when we’re getting some other guys back.”
- Josh Rimer via twitter: “I will once again say that Eric Staal is NOT being Traded. He is the Franchise!”
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Cotsonika spoke with a GM who anticipates trades to happen early in the new year. The bigger trades happened well before the trade deadline last year.
- Pens Inside Scoop via twitter: Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said that Sidney Crosby still has symptoms. He’s doing light exercises. Defenseman Kris Letang is feeling better.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said there is still no timeline on Jeff Skinner’s return. Chip Alexander via twitter: Joni Pitkanen has not been cleared for any physical activity.
- Paul Hendricks via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Mathew Lombardi said he’s good to go, just waiting for the nod from coaches.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Andrei Markov is still not skating. Earliest return may not be until mid-to-late February.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Maple Leafs defenseman John-Michael Liles is with the team on their road trip and hopes to skate with them later this week.
- James Murphy via twitter: The Kings have put Simon Gagne on the IR.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Mathieu Garon will start in net for the Lightning against the Canadiens. Matt Gilroy is good to go.
- Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Tuuka Rask will start in net for the Bruins. Forward Rich Peverley is out.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Expect Jonathan Quick to start for the Kings tonight against the Blackhawks, and Jonathan Bernier to start tomorrow against the Jets. Tracey Myers via twitter: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tomorrow. Stephane Robidas and Sheldon Souray are out 10-14 days.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Josh Harding will start in net for the Wild.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Martin Biron will start in net for the Rangers against the Capitals. Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Capitals.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils against the Sabres.
Botta answers questions on Preds and Canucks … Koivu and Lehtonen hope to return next week … Vanek leaves game … Neuvirth to start
- Chris Botta of the New York Times: Answering readers questions. As long as the Predators are in the playoff race, Botta doesn’t see them trading Ryan Suter or Shea Weber. After signing Pekka Rinne, Suter is next on their list, and Poile will try hard to re-sign him. The Canucks won’t trade Roberto Luongo. His long-term contract turns teams off. It’s possible that in a few years something could happen. The Canucks may be looking for blueline help, but the salary cap may come into play. If Botta were Mike Gillis and were taking offers for Cory Schneider, he would ask for a mid 1st round pick and a 20 minute a game defenseman in his prime.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild center Mikko Koivu missed his 4th straight game with a leg injury, but there is hope that he’ll be ready for Monday’s game against the Avalanche.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen could be back for their Dec. 29th game against the Blue Jackets. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Stars Stephane Robidas will miss his 2nd consecutive game tonight with a foot injury. He took shot off the foot in Tuesday’s practice. Defenseman Philip Larsen has a thigh contusion, has missed the last 2 games, but they’ll decide at the morning skate if he’ll be able to go.
- Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun: Sabres winger Thomas Vanek left last night’s game after re-aggravating an upper-body injury. Vanek originally suffered the injury on Saturday and is listed as day-to-day.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Pagnotta doesn’t think the Canadiens will replace GM Pierre Gauthier until the summer. After the coaching change and losing 4 straight games, the roster needs a major change.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Michal Neuvirth will start in net for the Capitals against the Devils tonight.
Could Radulov return to Preds next year? Skinner to IR … Leafs call up Kadri … Robidas questionable … Giordano skates
Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports: Alexander Radulov on thoughts about returning to the NHL:
“I am not going to say anything about the NHL because actually I never closed the door on the idea of playing there. As far as Salavat Yulaev is concerned, I have a contract with the team for this year and the next. However, it actually contains [a clause] with a possibility of early termination… I am not ruling out anything. Because if there are offers, we will consider them. But overall I am happy with everything at Salavat. You always want to play for a team that is challenging for something. You want to play to win, right?”
Radulov has 1 year left on his entry level deal with the Predators. There was an instance years ago involving Alexander Semin, with the Capitals tearing up the last year of his contract and signing him to a two year deal. Could the same be done for the Predators.
Mark Spector via twitter: The Hurricanes have put Jeff Skinner on the IR and called up Riley Nash.
David Alter via twitter: The Maple Leafs have called up Nazem Kadri, and put Dupuis on the IR. Maple Leafs lines: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, Frattin-Grabo-Kulie, Kadri-Connolly-MacA, Steckel-Boyce-Crabb, extras, Lombardi,Orr,Rosehill
Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas is questionable tonight with a foot injury.
Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, who has been out with a hamstring injury, is skating by himself today.
Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: JS Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche against the Blues.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Simon Gagne is making remarkable progress from his broken toe, and there is a chance that he’ll be ready to go for game 3. Gagne could resume skating on Friday.
- Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald: The Boston Bruins are awaiting word on Marc Savard’s neuropsychological exam that he took yesterday, with word expected to be coming down today. It’s expected that he’ll be cleared and ready to for the start of their next series. Savard has been skating for a week, and had his first full practice on Sunday.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Surgery time for some Dallas Stars. Brad Richards had surgery on his hip labrum with recovery time anywhere between 8-12 weeks. Stephane Robidas and Trevor Daley had surgery on their shoulder labrums, with recovery time about 12 weeks.
- Doug Wilson and the Sharks would like to add some secondary scoring and a puck moving Dman. It would have to be a rental player, as Patrick Marleau and Evgeni Nabokov need to be re-signed. The Sharks may also look at adding a backup goalie with some experience.
- The LA Kings are looking to add a scoring winger and will look at Ray Whitney, Freddie Modin, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Paul Kariya, and Raffi Torres. They may also look at a goaltender with experience.
- The Phoenix Coyotes might be one team that is looking to add players that won’t be UFAs after the season. Peter Mueller has been rumored all season to be on the outs. Andrew Brunette of the Wild might be a good fit with the Yotes.
- The Anaheim Ducks have UFA’s Scott Niedermayer, Teemu Selanne, and Saku Koivu that will draw some interest. Bob Murray has said that Niedermayer isn’t going anywhere. James Wisniewski’s name has been mentioned with the Blackhawks (for Cam Barker before he was dealt).
- Dallas Stars need an upgrade on the blueline. They won’t be bringing in any big contracts. Marty Turco is the most likely player to be moved. Mike Ribeiro, Stephane Robidas, Fabian Brunnstrom and Steve Ott, could find themselves playing in a different city after the deadline.