- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Travis Hamonic
- Mike Keenan: Will coach Magnitogorsk of the KHL next season.
- Craig Custance: Teemu Selanne after last night’s game: “I don’t really have to play but this has been so much fun. I just have to decide when it’s time.”
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher on head coach Mike Yeo.
“He’s our coach, he’s our coach,” Fletcher said by phone this morning.
Yeo will return for his third year. The Wild will also have decisions on UFA Niklas Backstrom.
“Like anybody pending unrestricted free agency, they’re going to have a vote in the matter too. We’ll sit down and talk with all of them and see whether they want to be here and what they’re looking to do and see what fits. That’s what the next two months will be about. We’ll obviously have to make some decision, but before, we have to break down our year and see where we need to put the money the most.”
No decision has been made if they’d buyout Dany Heatley or anyone else.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues GM Doug Armstrong said their goaltending situation is “cloudy” with Jaroslav Halak, Brian Elliott and Jake Allen.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Multiple sources have said that Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak and coach Ken Hitchcock “had a heated disagreement outside the club’s locker room” in the morning before Game 4. Halak was late for a meeting, then vented about lack of ice during the season. Halak was unhappy about not getting into the last game of the season after returning from a groin injury. Halak’s unhappiness was noted by the organization as early as Game 1, as he wasn’t giving full effort during their morning skate. He has only one year left on his deal with a $4.5 million salary and $3.75 million cap hit. Brian Elliott has one year left with a $1.9 million salary and $1.8 million salary cap hit. Jake Allen will be a RFA after this season.
- Arthur Staple of Newsday: Both Travis Hamonic and Josh Bailey (RFAs) are almost certain to return, but UFAs Mark Streit and Evgeni Nabokov and are not as certain. Streit is looking for a three year deal worth around $16 million. UFA Brad Boyes could be back, but only if he’s looking for a reasonable number.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: On what the Flyers could do come draft day. The Flyers could use a cornerstone defenseman. Many mocks have them targeting a tough Dman, either Rasmus Ristolainen or Darnell Nurse. With the 11th pick, GM Paul Holmgren is “confident” they’ll get a good player.
Roster notes and Starting goalies: Sens, Sabres, Isles, Panthers, Stars, Leafs, Rangers, Flyers, Pens and Wild
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators Jason Spezza didn’t practice yesterday, and didn’t take part in the morning skate. Brett Wallace via twitter: Spezza is out. Daniel Alfredsson and Mika Zibanejad are in.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Sabres Thomas Vanek will be back in the lineup tonight. Mike Harrington via twitter: Sabres Robyn Regehr is out tonight with a lower-body injury. Weber and Brennan are in.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Maple Leafs defesneman Mike Komisarek got a fibreglass chip in his eye at practice yesterday. (Won’t play tonight)
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Canadiens defenseman Tomas Kaberle is back in the lineup tonight. Yannick Weber will sit.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Casey Cizikas will be in the lineup for Eric Boulton. Travis Hamonic is a game-time decision.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers Drew Shore is back in the lineup. Strachan and Santorelli will be scratched.
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens lines: Eller – Desharnais – Cole; Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher; Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta; Moen – White – Armstrong; Blunden out.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Johan Hedberg will start in net tonight for the Devils against the Bruins.
- David Alter via twitter: Ryan Miller is first off the ice, and likely starter for the Sabres against the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: James Reimer will start in net for the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Henrik Lundqvist will start of the Rangers against Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Marc-Andre Fleury will start in net for the Penguins tonight.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov will start in net for the Islanders tonight against the Penguins.
- George Richards via twitter: Jose Theodore will start in net for the Panthers tonight.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators winger Patric Hornqvist is out indefinitely after getting tangled up with Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf on Saturday. He left the game in the 3rd, and didn’t return.
- Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic: Coyotes Matthew Lombardi will be out for a “definite month-plus — it will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation — and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet” according to coach Dave Tippett. He has an upper-body injury. Goalie Mike Smith skated on Sunday but is still listed as day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Petr Sykora signed with SC Bern in Switzerland.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders defenseman Travis Hamonic has a sprained ankle, and is likely out tomorrow.
- Ryan Rishaug via twitter: Avs Gabriel Landeskog is not expected to play tonight. He has head and leg issues.
- Carolina Hurricanes via twitter: Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk is out with an upper body injury.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun Sintinel: Panthers Kris Versteeg (groin) could be ready to get back into the lineup tomorrow against the Lightning.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Marian Gaborik practiced with the Rangers yesterday and expects to be ready for the start of the season. For almost all of his career he’s played right wing, but he lined up on the left side yesterday.
“Torts [coach John Tortorella] told me that’s where he’d like to see me, so I’m going to prepare and practice at left wing,” said Gaborik.
“There’s definitely going to be an adjustment, especially in our own zone and with wall play, so I’ll work on that whenever I get the chance.”
- Randy Sportak via twitter: The Flames Roman Cervenka will see a specialist to make sure it’s okay for him to be on blood thinners while he’s practicing with the team.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Jets center Nik Antropov has an upper-body injury and didn’t pass his physical.
“He’s got a small upper-body ailment and he’s day-to-day,” said Noel. “He’ll be assessed during the week, whether he’s able to play on Saturday will be determined. We’re hopeful he that he will.”
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames defenseman Anton Babchuk will be out for 3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Al Muir via twitter: Jarome Iginla, David Booth and Dan Hamhuis all have groin strains.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Travis Hamonic appears to be OK after his concussion.
Morning rumors and notes involving: Red Wings, Oilers, Maple Leafs, Selanne, Okposo, Sharks, Hurricanes and Islanders
- Craig Custance of ESPN: The Red Wings will still look to add depth up front. “I’ll kick the tires until 3 o’clock on Monday,” Holland said. “If we don’t do anything, I’m happy. I think we’re a better team.” The Oilers may be looking to get a 1st round pick for Ales Hemsky. The Maple Leafs may look to add a goaltender at the deadline, and Custance thinks that Wild goalie Josh Harding would be a good choice.
- Dirk Hoag via twitter: Even if the Maple Leafs are interested in goalie Andres Lindback, Hoag doubts the Leafs would offer up a useful forward that the Predators could use since they are pushing for the playoffs as well.
- David Alter via twitter: Alter is hearing from a reliable source that Jeff Carter to the Maple Leafs rumor is completely false.
- Eric Stephens OC Register: The Ducks have got back in the playoff picture in the West, and Teemu Selanne isn’t thinking about waiving his no-trade clause. “We haven’t even talked about that,” Selanne said. “There’s good things going here right now. We all really believe we can make it to the playoffs. It hasn’t been on my mind at all.”
- BD Gallof via twitter: When asked if the Islanders “could or would isles trade Okposo?” Source: “No.”
- Mark Master via twitter: Sharks GM Doug Wilson made it clear that he’s not looking to add a goaltender despite Antti Niemi’s recent struggles.
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said he’s not trying to re-sign Jaroslav Spacek or Bryan Allen at the this point.
- Kent Youngblood via twitter: Wild coach Yeo said that Mikko Koivu probably won’t be going on their road trip. Goalie Josh Harding probably will.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller is confident that Cam Ward will be OK, but isn’t sure if he’ll be able to start tonight.
- Arthur Staple of Newsday: Islanders Evgeni Nabokov and Travis Hamonic are both expected to be in the lineup against the Rangers.