- Free Agents
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
Posts Tagged Zach Hamill
The Washington Capitals have traded center Zach Hamill to the Florida Panthers for center/right winger Casey Wellman.
Hamill was drafted in the 1st round, 8th overall in the 2007 NHL draft. He carries a $700,000 salary and cap hit.
Wellman was not drafted and carries a $800,000 salary and cap hit.
- David Pollak via twitter: The Sharks have signed Marc-Edouard Vlasic to a 5 year deal. Jesse Spector via twitter: The 5 year deal is for $21 million.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Kovacevic doesn’t get the sense that the Penguins are that keen on Alexander Semin. The Penguins preference may be to find a young 20 goal scored on someone’s roster for one of their young defensemen, similar how they got James Neal. The Oilers could be a perfect partner. The Penguins could send Shane Doan a big one year offer to give GM Ray Shero another year to find his next Neal.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Ryan Suter believes he was straight forward with the Predators during his contract talks.
“It’s something that happened. And the fact that I do get to be close to home with my wife and my kid, for me to be close to home, it all worked out,” Suter said. “It was no agenda, and that’s how it played out.”
“I have never tried to hide anything from anybody,” Suter said. “I wanted it to work in Nashville, but the decision I made was to move on, and I’m sorry for the hurt that it has brought to David Poile and to the Predators.”
Suter said he never promised Poile the last chance at him in negotiations.
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: The Capitals have signed Zach Hamill to a 1 year, 2 way contract.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said there will be 2 Winter Classic alumni games.
Doughty rejects $61.2 million … Nothing new on Marchand talks … Parise and Devils will work on long term deal … Tavares commited to Islanders
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Kings defenseman Drew Doughty rejected multiple offers including a 9 year, $61.2 million contract. The $6.8 million salary cap hit would have been the same as Anze Kopitar. Dennis Bernstein via twiter: Kings GM Dean Lombardi is facing the reality that he may have to do a 5 year deal with Doughty (a la Stamkos) to get him signed and risk losing him as an unrestricted free agent at 27 years old. Doughty wants a shorter term and to be a UFA at 27. The Kings may have to do a 5 year, $35 million deal. Helene Elliott via twitter: Lombardi and Doughty’s agent, Don Meehan, have agreed to not discuss negotiations publicly, no deal appears imminent.
- James Murphy of ESPN Boston: There is “nothing new” according to Brad Marchand on contract updates. “You know what, it’s how it goes sometimes and it’s been a long summer. I’m anxious to get something done.” He is still hoping to get a deal done by the start of training camp. Marchand’s agent, Wade Arnott, was the agent for Phil Kessel when he was with the Bruins. Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Neither side is wanting a holdout. Marchand is projected as the left winger on the 2nd line with Bergeron at center. If there is a holdout, there are plenty of players vying for the open spot. Zach Hamill is a natural center but may have to move to the wing. Ryan Spooner and Jared Knight could be in the mix but are more likely heading back to junior. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: See the video at bottom of the entry.
- Dave Lozo via twitter: Devils winger Zach Parise said that both sides will keep talking about a getting long term deal done before the end of the season.
- Scott Burnside of ESPN: Islanders center John Tavares told ESPN that he’s committed to the Islanders.
“In terms of my contract being up this year, I don’t have any plans on leaving or what could happen,” Tavares said. “I’m committed to Long Island and the Islanders. They’ve been great to me. We have a great bunch of guys and I’d love to be a part of turning this around from where it was and bringing us back to credibility, respectability and being a team that’s constantly in the playoffs and competing for the Stanley Cup.”
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Panthers RFA forward Shawn Matthias still remains without a contract, but he’s been working out with teammates. He’s been tendered a contract, so he is still property of the Panthers. The Panthers are offering a 2-way contract due to the competition at the forward position. “Yeah, I hoped it would have been done quicker,” he said. “I trust my agents, they are working on it. That’s what you have to have, trust in them. I really don’t know what’s going on. I’m staying out of it.”
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger won’t be ready for the start of training camp, but he’s making strides.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: If the Blues don’t name a captain and instead go with only assistants, it’s because they see Alex Pietrangelo as their future captain.
- Genadi Boguslavski via twitter: Alexei Yashin has said that he’s ready to return to Yaroslavl.
- Winnipeg Free Press: The Jets have signed cener Kyle Wellwood to a 1 year deal worth $700,000.